X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Try an "Occupy Wall Street" In Freehold

Dear Friends in Freehold:

I enjoy talking with young people. Their enthusiasm and new ideas are alway refreshing.

Yesterday, a High School boy and his girl friend came to see me with a request. They wanted a permit to hold an Occupy Walt Street rally in Freehold.

I tried to explain the real world to them. "Wall Street is our friend," I said. "Wall Street investments by your parents are what will send you to college and fund your retirement when you are old. The last thing in the world we need are restrictions on Wall Street. We don't want higher taxes on the wealthy and rule by people in the streets."

They were respectful and quiet. But, they were undeterred. They said if I was not going to issue a Rally Permit, they would have to hold an unathorized rally.

So, I have reluctantly issued an Executive NO WALL STREET RALLY DIRECTIVE. This means that anyone attending a Wall Street Rally will be arrested.

All the best to America's most patriotic citizens, you in Freehold.

Johny Joe Hold, Mayor
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Don't Try an "Occupy Wall Street" In Freehold

I want their parents locked up in the Freehold Jail before sunrise.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

So they actually tried to start an Occupy Freehold movement?
      The occupy movements always name themselves after the city they are in, others are "Occupy Dallas", "Occupy Washington" etc

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
        Dear Friends in Freehold:

I enjoy talking with young people. Their enthusiasm and new ideas are alway refreshing.

Yesterday, a High School boy and his girl friend came to see me with a request. They wanted a permit to hold an Occupy Walt Street rally in Freehold.

I tried to explain the real world to them. "Wall Street is our friend," I said. "Wall Street investments by your parents are what will send you to college and fund your retirement when you are old. The last thing in the world we need are restrictions on Wall Street. We don't want higher taxes on the wealthy and rule by people in the streets."

They were respectful and quiet. But, they were undeterred. They said if I was not going to issue a Rally Permit, they would have to hold an unathorized rally.

So, I have reluctantly issued an Executive NO WALL STREET RALLY DIRECTIVE. This means that anyone attending a Wall Street Rally will be arrested.

All the best to America's most patriotic citizens, you in Freehold.

Johny Joe Hold, Mayor
        You will be passing on specific names of the teens involved, particularly the two that came to your office and their closest schoolmates, as decisions for the summer internship program at Haliburton and I believe, our candidates for state Senate Pages will be named in the coming months. It would look pretty bad if we were to have one of these radical types receive nominations for either or both of these opportunities. There would certianly be egg on someone's face, Mayor.
        sigpic 1 Chronicles 16:15
        Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
        Proverbs 30:5,6: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
        Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict A. Davis View Post
          You will be passing on specific names of the teens involved, particularly the two that came to your office and their closest schoolmates, as decisions for the summer internship program at Haliburton and I believe, our candidates for state Senate Pages will be named in the coming months. It would look pretty bad if we were to have one of these radical types receive nominations for either or both of these opportunities. There would certianly be egg on someone's face, Mayor.
          Thank you, Brother Benedict, for that heads-up on the Haliburton internship program. I agree we do not want any protestors in our pool of young people from Freehold.

I must confess to having little desire to release the names of these two young people. I'm quite sure they read about these national protests and did not discuss the matter with their wealthy Freehold parents who, I might add, make substantial contributions to LBC.

In addititon, according to Officier Richards, they have not conducted any protests to date. My hope is they are aware of my order and have gone back to being just Christian teenagers as they were before all this came up.
          Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

The filthy hippies behind this particular movement lack focus. The fundamental change needed is to a God Centered® government. If only they would take a shower, and put down whatever it is they are partaking of, this would occur to them.
            sigpic

Ted Cruz in 2016 is the only hope for America. He is an anoited member of the Seven Mountains Movement. God and Jesus demand no less from real Christians and Americans.

Ephesians 6:11-13
            11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

The state is a bankrupt institution. The only alternative to this bankrupt 'humanistic' system is a God-centered government. R.J. Rushdoony, Reconstructionist Theologian.

Comment

I trust that, if any Communistic disturbances do break out, the Freehold Police Department won't hesitate to deal with them like they do in Oakland:

O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

You people disgust me. Not only are you completely fascist in your thinking, but you fail to realize that Jesus would have been on the side of the Occupiers. After all, the only recorded time of him using actual physical force was to expel the money lenders from the temple. This really says something about his thoughts on the place of money (or rather it's lack of place) in the church.

Furthermore, Jesus repeatedly condemns wealth and money, telling people to sell or give away all they own as the only path to salvation and telling numerous parables clearly showing that those who don't help the poor in all ways they can will be sent to hell to be tormented. For example:

Luke 16:19-25 "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man's table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried.

In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. He called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.' But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony.

So yea, I hope you guys enjoy your fate in hell, unless of course you change your ways and start learning about the real Jesus, instead of the fantasy idea you have of him.

One last thing, you guys have some seriously racist emoticons here, huh?!
                Last edited by Pastor Ezekiel; 01-08-2012, 05:40 PM. Reason: kiddy script deleted
                Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
                abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

Originally posted by meyer.robert View Post
                  You people disgust me. Not only are you completely fascist in your thinking, but you fail to realize that Jesus would have been on the side of the Occupiers. After all, the only recorded time of him using actual physical force was to expel the money lenders from the temple. This really says something about his thoughts on the place of money (or rather it's lack of place) in the church.

Furthermore, Jesus repeatedly condemns wealth and money, telling people to sell or give away all they own as the only path to salvation and telling numerous parables clearly showing that those who don't help the poor in all ways they can will be sent to hell to be tormented. For example:

Luke 16:19-25 "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man's table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried.

In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. He called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.' But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony.

So yea, I hope you guys enjoy your fate in hell, unless of course you change your ways and start learning about the real Jesus, instead of the fantasy idea you have of him.

One last thing, you guys have some seriously racist emoticons here, huh?!
                  First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself.

Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .

If you want to debate people, THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.
                  Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

You people disgust me. Not only are you completely fascist in your thinking, but you fail to realize that Jesus would have been on the side of the Occupiers.
                    What makes you think this?

Because He cast out a few small businesspeople from the Temple, because they were turning it into a house of business?

Talk about reaching!

The Occupy crowd wants to steal others' property. They are Marxists. They covet the wealth of others. That is a sin. Stealing is also a sin.

Jesus would never encourage people to covet the wealth of others; He would point out that God is all-knowing and all-powerful, and that a person's relative wealth or poverty is a condition God has decided upon.

Maybe you need to get to know Jesus yourself, friend.
                    Bible boring? Nonsense!
                    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                      First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus.
                      BAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Sorry, now that that's out of my system, try this one on for size:

"The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. " -

Proverbs 8:13 ESV

So I think you guys need to take the pomposity down a notch. That might be a good start for finding your way towards the true Christianity. And since your post had no other actual content other than "shut the F up heathen!!11!!", that's all I have to say to you. If you choose to engage me in an actual discussion, I'd be happy to hear your arguments and intelligently debate them, but until then, good day.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by meyer.robert
                      You people disgust me. Not only are you completely fascist in your thinking, but you fail to realize that Jesus would have been on the side of the Occupiers.

What makes you think this?

Because He cast out a few small businesspeople from the Temple, because they were turning it into a house of business?

Talk about reaching!

The Occupy crowd wants to steal others' property. They are Marxists. They covet the wealth of others. That is a sin. Stealing is also a sin.

Jesus would never encourage people to covet the wealth of others; He would point out that God is all-knowing and all-powerful, and that a person's relative wealth or poverty is a condition God has decided upon.

Maybe you need to get to know Jesus yourself, friend.
                      I appreciate the actual response to my post, rather than the "heehawbadanga" arrogant ignorance that was displayed by "Pastor" Ezekiel.

Let me ask, what makes you think that Occupy is about coveting or stealing? Or that Jesus wasn't a marxist, or rather that he was a capitalist?

First, in regards to the Occupy movement, there is some documents that they have put out that describe their "demands". Here are some of the ones that refer to their economic wishes:

"As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known."

And it goes on from there to outline exactly what the corporations and banks have done and stolen to and from our society. So contrary to your point, the occupy movement is about righting wrongs that was created by the covetous greed of the corporations, returning that which was stolen from the people, both physically and in terms of democratic human rights, which they have stolen by being given a voice in our government through lobbying and campaign contributions, both of which have skewed our politicians views away from the will of the people, and given them no choice but to side with the corporations or lose campaign funding. That is wrong, and as a Christian, I would think that you would be opposed to this sort of corruption and immorality.

In regards to Jesus not being a Marxist, I would beg to differ. Take a look at this nifty little table that explains it simpler and more concisely than I ever could:

Here's another couple verses that back up the bible's advocacy of redistribution of wealth:

Luke 3:11
                      "And he would answer and say to them, “The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.”

Acts 4:32-35
                      "Now the whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one claimed private ownership of any possessions, but everything they owned was held in common. 33With great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. 34There was not a needy person among them, for as many as owned lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold. 35They laid it at the apostles’ feet, and it was --- distributed ---- to each as any had need."

Being a pastor's kid and growing up in the church, trust me, I know what Jesus stood for. It wasn't unfettered greed and governmental corruption, but rather charity, redistribution of wealth (voluntarily), and caring for the poor and needy. This is quite clearly stated multiple times, both overtly and in parables. This is not coveting or stealing, but rather compassion and sympathy for your fellow man, and working to right the wrongs that exist in the world.
                      Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

Comment

So let me get this straight, Jesus throws out money-grubbing joos and you think that means He would occupy Freehold?

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I appreciate the actual response to my post, rather than the "heehawbadanga" arrogant ignorance that was displayed by "Pastor" Ezekiel.

Let me ask, what makes you think that Occupy is about coveting or stealing?
                          Because Marxism is about taking the property of others and redistributing it, by force. That'd be stealing.

Or that Jesus wasn't a marxist, or rather that he was a capitalist?
                          It's a safe bet Jesus wasn't a follower of Karl Marx, who was born about 1800 years later than Jesus.

First, in regards to the Occupy movement, there is some documents that they have put out that describe their "demands". Here are some of the ones that refer to their economic wishes:

"As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known."
                          As is typical, this is not a list of demands. It is a laundry list of complaints.

Do you not know the difference?

And it goes on from there to outline exactly what the corporations and banks have done and stolen to and from our society. So contrary to your point, the occupy movement is about righting wrongs that was created by the covetous greed of the corporations, returning that which was stolen from the people, both physically and in terms of democratic human rights, which they have stolen by being given a voice in our government through lobbying and campaign contributions, both of which have skewed our politicians views away from the will of the people, and given them no choice but to side with the corporations or lose campaign funding.
                          Really? No choice?

We all make choices. Including politicians, and including the electorate.

The electorate gets the leaders they deserve. When they spend their time wondering who Kim Kardashian is banging now instead of reading the Bible or the news, they get leaders bought by the people with money.

However, politicians chose to allow moneyed interests greater and greater influence. The politicians did the "stealing"; the wealthy took advantage of what was offered to them.

In regards to Jesus not being a Marxist, I would beg to differ. Take a look at this nifty little table that explains it simpler and more concisely than I ever could:
                          Apparently you don't know what Marxism is. Go read up on it. Saying that "money has Caesar's name on it instead of God's" isn't saying "The government should take all your earnings by force and redistribute them at their whim."

Here's another couple verses that back up the bible's advocacy of redistribution of wealth:

Luke 3:11
                          "And he would answer and say to them, “The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.”
                          This is about the voluntary sharing of one's resources with other followers of Jesus. This is not about government taking one's resources by force and distributing them to others -- the foundation of Marxism.

Acts 4:32-35
                          "Now the whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one claimed private ownership of any possessions, but everything they owned was held in common. 33With great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all. 34There was not a needy person among them, for as many as owned lands or houses sold them and brought the proceeds of what was sold. 35They laid it at the apostles’ feet, and it was --- distributed ---- to each as any had need."
                          This is describing how the group chose to act. Voluntarily. Once again, it is not saying "government should take away everything you own by force and redistribute it".

Being a pastor's kid and growing up in the church, trust me, I know what Jesus stood for. It wasn't unfettered greed and governmental corruption, but rather charity, redistribution of wealth (voluntarily), and caring for the poor and needy.
                          You said it yourself: Voluntarily.

In direct opposition to Marxism.

It's a shame that, as a pastor's kid, you gained no true understanding of charity. You see, charity must be voluntary to be charity. It is about giving in order to glorify God, not about being legally required to give money to others.

This is not coveting or stealing, but rather compassion and sympathy for your fellow man, and working to right the wrongs that exist in the world.
                          And the Occupy group isn't interested in helping others. They are demanding their student loans be forgiven. They are demanding handouts for themselves.

Never once have I heard them complaining about the horrific conditions in Apple's Chinese production plant, which employs 430,000 people who work 14-16 hour shifts and live in dormitories on site. Why? Because they're too busy playing with the iPads they own, which were made in that plant by that Chinese slave labor.

They don't care about others. They want a handout for themselves. That's it. "Gimme, gimme, gimme, tax the rich and GIVE IT TO ME!"

Where did Jesus demand that others give Him a handout?
                          Bible boring? Nonsense!
                          Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                          You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

We've all had about enough of the George Soros funded "Occupy" movement and their efforts to get socialist Obama re-elected. The results are a microcosm of what Marxism will bring to this country – rat infested filth and squalor accompanied by rape and violence.

The sorry history of Marxism in the 20th Century doesn’t dissuade these left-wing lunatics, nor does it seem to affect their moral compass – the end always justifies the means. Let's have a little look at their past efforts and the resultant mass killing and murder of 170 million people.

1. 169,202,000 Murdered: Summary and Conclusions [20th Century Democide]

II 128,168,000 VICTIMS: THE DEKA-MEGAMURDERERS

4. 61,911,000 Murdered: The Soviet Gulag State
                            5. 35,236,000 Murdered: The Communist Chinese Ant Hill
                            6. 20,946,000 Murdered: The Nazi Genocide State
                            7. 10,214,000 Murdered: The Depraved Nationalist Regime

II 19,178,000 VICTIMS: THE LESSER MEGA-MURDERERS

8. 5,964,000 Murdered: Japan's Savage Military
                            9. 2,035,000 Murdered: The Khmer Rouge Hell State
                            10. 1,883,000 Murdered: Turkey's Genocidal Purges
                            11. 1,670,000 Murdered: The Vietnamese War State
                            12. 1,585,000 Murdered: Poland's Ethnic Cleansing
                            13. 1,503,000 Murdered: The Pakistani Cutthroat State
                            14. 1,072,000 Murdered: Tito's Slaughterhouse

IV 4,145,000 VICTIMS: SUSPECTED MEGAMURDERERS

15. 1,663,000 Murdered? Orwellian North Korea
                            16. 1,417,000 Murdered? Barbarous Mexico
                            17. 1,066,000 Murdered? Feudal Russia

R.J. Rummel, Democide, mass murder, genocide, Holocaust, massacre, killed, death, terrorism, bombing, executions, , assassinations, riots, sacrifice, slavery, infanticide, Spanish Inquisition, witch hunts, Crusades, American, United States, China, USSR, Soviet Union, Chinese Nationalists, Chinese Warlords, Chinese Dynasty, Chinese Communists, PRC, Nanking, Nazi Germany, Japan, Cambodia, Turkey, Poland, Pakistan, Yugoslavia, North Korea, Mexico, Russia, Indians, Mongols, Aztecs, Africa, Europe, South America, communism, fascism, libertarianism, freedom, democracy, liberal democracy, human rights, civil liberties, Christians, Moslems, Nazis, authoritarian, totalitarian, Marxism, Marx-Leninism, statism, state, human rights, civil liberties, humanism, political system, imperialism, colonialismArmenians, Greeks, Moslems, Jews, Serbs, Croatians, Christians, Bengalis, Hindus, ethnic groups, races, racism, concentrations camps, labor camps, man-made famine, forced labor, hanging, shooting, burial alive, gassing, bombing, germ warfare, atomic bombs, burning alive, knifing, disease, starving, suicide, working to death, Mao Tse-tung, Hitler, Chiang Kai-shek, Lenin, Marx, Tojo Hideki, Pol Pot, Stalin, Yahya Khan, Josip Tito
                            Despite the gormless that would cut and paste selective passages from the Bible (KJV1611) to "prove" that Jesus was a socialist, Jesus had a few simple directives that prove otherwise:

Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

- 1 Corinthians 3:8
                            Thou shalt not steale.

- Exodus 20:15
                            Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
                            brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
                            ...and get off my lawn
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                              They don't care about others. They want a handout for themselves. That's it. "Gimme, gimme, gimme, tax the rich and GIVE IT TO ME!"

Where did Jesus demand that others give Him a handout?
                              I don't think Jesus was demanding a handout for himself, since he was quite fine walking around barefoot and hanging out with some of what most people would consider the scum of the earth, and I'm sure that being the son of the most infinitely divine deity in existence (well...the only one you could say, haha) he would have been fine with out a meal for a few days, or even 40 days as he actually did in the desert that one time.

What I do think he was saying is that for man to realize the glory of heaven, he had to give his stuff away, stop getting hung up on who's poor, who's not, who's right or who's wrong, or who is worthy and who isn't, and just LOVE all of humanity. One of the best ways to love all of humanity is to give to those who are in need. Now I know you're going to argue that those who are in need are in need because they are being judged by God, but I think Jesus' message was quite the opposite. If he thought that the poor and crippled weren't worth our time to help, do you think he would have hung out and ministered to them so much? Do you think he would have healed the paralyzed, urged the rich to give their money away to the poor, and pointed out how the poor who give all their money to the church are blessed, while the rich who give the same amount that equates to only a fraction of all of their money are damned?

While I agree with you that Marxism as a theory is incredibly flawed and dangerous, and as the Williams Jennings Bryan so right pointed out has and very well can cause millions of deaths if truly implemented, there are libertarian and voluntary ways of socializing society, and that is generally what I am an advocate of. People voluntarily sharing their surplus with others. Surplus and voluntarily are the two key words. I would never advocate that someone have something taken from them by force, unless it is very well established on a widely accepted basis that that person is causing harm to others. Additionally, I would never recommend that someone give away everything that they have to the level that they are not able to create that surplus again another day for it to be given away.

So let's be clear here, while Marxism can be incredibly authoritarian and dangerous, the overall idea of libertarian socialism that has spawned from that is an incredibly important concept, and one that I would argue is something that all Christians should be advocate of. That is, the voluntary redistribution of wealth in all possible circumstances. In regards to the occupy movement, you wouldn't be wrong to say that there are Marxists among their ranks, but it would also be foolhardy to assume that there is one monolithic ideology that all members of the movement are in favor of. If you look at the actual structure of the movement itself, the leaderless general assembly, the consensus decision making process, and a lot of the signs that people are holding up, there is also a good number of people there in favor of some variation of libertarian socialism, be it syndicalist unionism, cooperativism, or some other variation.

Again, I would like to say how much I do appreciate your intellectual responses. I'm glad that there is someone here who is interested in engaging an alternative view point, rather than hurling insults and giving "infractions" for simply disagreeing with me. Thank you.

Quote:
                              Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

- 1 Corinthians 3:8
                              William, this is a selective quoting if I've ever seen one. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be able to claim what they work for as theirs, but I would argue, as supported by my numerous quotes above, that Jesus was a very big advocate of helping the poor in as many circumstances as possible. Again, this doesn't mean that what you work for isn't yours, but if you read what he says in many circumstances, he is much more ready to let a poor man into heaven than a rich one. That says something right there.
                              img, #cubbies-overlay{ -moz-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -moz-transition-duration: 0.1s; -webkit-transition-property: margin, box-shadow, z-index; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.1s; } .cubbies-selected{ z-index: 9999; box-shadow: 3px 3px 8px -1px blue !important; cursor: pointer !important; margin: -3px 3px 3px -3px; } .cubbies-selected:active{ box-shadow: 2px 2px 5px -1px darkblue !important; margin: -1px 1px 1px -1px; } #cubbies-overlay{ position: fixed; z-index: 9999; bottom: 30px; left: 30px; box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); border: none; } #cubbies-overlay:hover{ box-shadow: 0 2px 3px rgb(0,0,0); }

Comment

Working...
                              X