X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Difference Between Hellenism and Homerism?

A retired teacher at the Senior Center asked me this last week. She tries to stump me with a history question every week. I don't know why she thought I would know the answer since I'm merely a politician and not a pastor or theologian. I did provide her with my answer which I will share here.

The short answer is they are the same thing. Hellenism was the influence of the Greeks on the countries around them a few years before Jesus was born. It was all about the fitness of male bodies. You have all heard about Greek athletes I'm sure. The objective was to attract other male athletes.

Homerism is about the same thing, male bodies. Homers prance around showing off their buff fitness. The goal is to attract other homers.

So, in this case, two words that sound similar are quite similar.

The retired teacher at the senior center said I passed with flying colors.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: What's the Difference Between Hellenism and Homerism?

Well, you are right Mr Mayor. The writer known as Homer was from Greece. He did the most known homosexual story of the world, one when a sissy boy after a war chooses to "get lost" with other men instead of coming home with his wife, who patiently waits. The Oddysey, it is called.

On top of this "Homer" (who would choose that name?), we also have what is called "Oxford Hellenism":

To save you the visit, it starts with Oscar Wilde, and is the movement that generated the "positive" views of homosexuality today, according to the lady writer.

You are a wise men, Mr Mayor, you deserve a position in Donald Trump's cabinet.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Gonzalez View Post
      Well, you are right Mr Mayor. The writer known as Homer was from Greece. He did the most known homosexual story of the world, one when a sissy boy after a war chooses to "get lost" with other men instead of coming home with his wife, who patiently waits. The Oddysey, it is called.
      On top of this "Homer" (who would choose that name?), we also have what is called "Oxford Hellenism":

You are a wise men, Mr Mayor, you deserve a position in Donald Trump's cabinet.
      That is very kind, Brother Gonzalez.
      I have been elected by the citizens of Freehold and my obligation is here. Also, I anticipate there will be lots of money flowing from Washington to Freehold in the coming years.
      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Gonzalez View Post

. . .
        I believe that war was called the Trojan war - and none too soon after the invention of homerism, they were going to need them to prevent the spread of AIDS.
        Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
        brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
        ...and get off my lawn
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
          I believe that war was called the Trojan war - and none too soon after the invention of homerism, they were going to need them to prevent the spread of AIDS.
          The Trojans lost that war, right? So how come the "thems" that you are referring to were named after a bunch of losers?

Confusedly Yours,
          Handmaiden
          His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post
            The Trojans lost that war, right? So how come the "thems" that you are referring to were named after a bunch of losers?

Confusedly Yours,
            Handmaiden
            My summisementalism was that the Trojan Horses were a metaphors for beastiallism.

I can't see how 'to enter a horse' can be interpretatively parsed any other way.

YIC
            1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

A little more research brought up this picture. It was used as promotional material both the Hellens and the Homers:

Comment

Didn't spartacus died of aids?
                -The Parable of the white laundry and the black man
                -Scientific proof that GAY SEX IS UNHYGIENIC!
                -Holocaust Jokes
                -Diarrhea: The Va​ginal Lubrication of the Homosexuals
                -Anne Frank vs. Adolf Hitler: Who was the worse person?
                -10 Reasons why GOD HATES FRANCE!
                -5 Reasons why GOD HATES LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!
                -Today I am declaring War against Woman's Rights!

Comment

Originally posted by Titus Templeton View Post
                  Didn't spartacus died of aids?
                  That is my understanding and that of others as well:

The statue of Spartacus in Sandanski, Bulgaria

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
                    That is my understanding and that of others as well:

The statue of Spartacus in Sandanski, Bulgaria
                    Indeed Mayor, the Hellenists were hell bent on extracting the maximum pleasure from their sodomistic ways.

Hellenistic Greece
                    . . .

Hellenistic Culture

… The philosopher Epicurus argued that the most important thing in life was the pursuit of the individual’s pleasure and happiness.

. . .

Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
                    brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
                    ...and get off my lawn
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X