X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Christian closing salutations for letters? (list thread)

I like:
    • In His Grip,
    • In Christ,
    • Only by Grace,
    • In Jesus’ love, until He comes

What are your favorites?
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Re: Good Christian closing salutations for letters? (list thread)

Your's in Him

Comment

For personal correspondence:

Sincerely with the Grace of God

For more formal correspondence - for example letters of complaint to the local council about garbage collection, or disputes with the tax office - I favor an appropriate uplifting verse, such as:

1 Corinthians 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

or Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
      Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

I also like these:

Righteously yours,

Praying for your hellbound soul,

Victorious in Christ,

Comment

Yours in Christ (who you still have to accept!!!)
          Your sister in Christ,
          In hopes to see you soon in Heaven,
          Obediantly
          "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

I use these two:
            Yours in Christ
            Inferiorly Yours (when my father wants me to write a letter to a possible suitor)
            And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
            Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

- In loving Arms
              - Anxiously awaiting the rapture
              - Submissively yours
              - Sent from Heaven
              sigpic

Tweet me Here
              My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Jah Guide is very popular where I come from.

One thing you have here in Babylon that we don't have in Jamaica is the most excellent donuts.
                Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

Originally posted by I Man Rastafari View Post
                  Jah Guide is very popular where I come from.

One thing you have here in Babylon that we don't have in Jamaica is the most excellent donuts.
                  What does this have to do with ending letters?

To keep the thread on topic, I'll list my closings.

-Protected by God
                  -In Christ
                  -James 4:7 (usually I write out the verse)

Comment

I use 'YIC'.

I'm a very busy man.

YIC
                    1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

I like God Bless!
                      God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

It all really depends on the content and context of the correspondance I am writing. I have a few vaiouds obvious ones.

Fondly:

- May God take you soon.

Debt collecting:

- May God take you soon.

For Birthdays over 60

- May God take you soon.

For Birthdays under 10

- There is a great creator in our Heavens. May he take you one day.

In reply to a threat

- Only God can help you now

In Braille

Ecclesiastes 1:18 - For in much wisedome is much griefe: and hee that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.

Comment

I'm a little late to the conversation, but my favorite closing for letters is:

"Grace and Peace"

Because the Grace of the LORD fills me with Peace, and others with whom I converse naturally feel this peace after interacting with me, too.
                          Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

My personal pick is "Jesus is Going to Get You!" just to give my letters some punch.

Comment

Working...
                            X