X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godless Brits Think Jesus was Born in the North Pole!

As if the Godless brits haven't demonstrated how deeply lost they are, now THIS secular story reveals the fact that they don't even know the bare basics about the Greatest Story Ever Told: Christ's Birth on December 25th!

Where was Jesus born? 1 in 3 people don't know

The Christmas carollers may have already been heard singing O Little Town of Bethlehem the length and breadth of the country.

But it appears a huge chunk of their audience may have no idea why the town should be worthy of such reverence.

In an alarming survey published today into knowledge of the Christmas story, it appears that one in four adults do not know that Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

Among younger Britons - between 18 and 24 - the total for those who could not give the correct location rose to 36 per cent.

Other religious blank spots included the role of the Archangel Gabriel - more than a quarter had no idea that Gabriel brought God's message to Mary at her home in Nazareth to say that she would give birth to a son.

And the majority of those questioned - 52 per cent - did not know that John the Baptist was Jesus's cousin.

More than 75 per cent were unaware that Joseph, Mary and Jesus fled to Egypt to escape from King Herod. Most thought they had fled to Nazareth, the family's hometown.

Only 12 per cent of adults could answer all four questions about the Christmas story correctly.

The survey of more than 1,000 adults was commissioned by the public theology think-tank Theos and is likely to reignite debate about the secularisation of Christmas.

Christian churchgoers were the best informed about the Nativity, with 36 per cent answering all questions correctly, compared with only five per cent of atheists.

The survey also showed regional differences in how well people know Bible stories.

The South East was the area with the highest percentage getting all four answers right, at 19 per cent.

That was followed by the South West, which scored 17 per cent.

Those who demonstrated the worst Biblical knowledge were in Yorkshire and Humberside and London.

In both regions, 15 per cent of those questioned answered all four survey questions incorrectly.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Re: Godless Brits Think Jesus was Born in the North Pole!

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    As if the Godless brits haven't demonstrated how deeply lost they are, now THIS secular story reveals the fact that they don't even know the bare basics about the Greatest Story Ever Told: Christ's Birth on December 25th!
    This sickening story just shows how deeply lost this country is. I'd bet 90% probably know where the paedophile teddy bear Moo-Ham-Head was born, and even more know Liberace's life story off by heart.
    O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

This proves the value of the good work being done here at LBC and other churches. People don't study their religious history, and they need organized churches to help them learn and remember the stories that define our past.
      May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Ugh! It makes me even more ashamed of being British! I'm moving to America as soon as I finish the boat. God Bless America.
        Suffer on Earth to secure a place in heaven! It's worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by ThankGOD View Post
          Ugh! It makes me even more ashamed of being British! I'm moving to America as soon as I finish the boat. God Bless America.
          At least the Brits will get some trash out of their country.

Comment

Originally posted by imback View Post
            At least the Brits will get some trash out of their country.
            That was uncalled for. Brother ThankGod never said a word to you. Why are all you atheists so hateful?

I expect an apology, heathen.
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

they aren't as bad as Americans though, 1/3 cannot find America on the map, mostly since they are only good at bombing countries, not finding them on the map.
              yet another blasphemy of logic and reason to spout profanities in the land of liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                That was uncalled for. Brother ThankGod never said a word to you. Why are all you atheists so hateful?

I expect an apology, heathen.
                I do apologize, but I get angry when people are ashamed of their roots, Ima proud Australian/Italian, though these people say I'm worthless Euro/godless trash I don't care, PRIDE.

Comment

You must understand, Britain is a sinful nation (ever heard of Stockport?) and if we who reside in Britain do not attempt to make amends how will we ever become proud citizens?

Oh another thing, Britain has it's very own unique satanic group, we call them chavs. They reject God in favour of designer gear, stolen cars, STDs and teenage pregnancy. Now with creatures like that living here how can we be proud?

As I said before... God Bless AMERICA!

Comment

Originally posted by ThankGOD View Post
                    You must understand, Britain is a sinful nation (ever heard of Stockport?) and if we who reside in Britain do not attempt to make amends how will we ever become proud citizens?

Oh another thing, Britain has it's very own unique satanic group, we call them chavs. They reject God in favour of designer gear, stolen cars, STDs and teenage pregnancy. Now with creatures like that living here how can we be proud?

As I said before... God Bless AMERICA!
                    America has all that and more.

Comment

oh so very true, just those things are more extreme, and there is an entire list of other such things.

Comment

Somehow I doubt you've visited Oldham.

Comment

What is this thread? "My country has more sinners than yours"?

Would not a better question be which country has more Baptist Christians?! Surely that's a better contest to win!

Originally posted by imback View Post
                          I do apologize, but I get angry when people are ashamed of their roots, Ima proud Australian/Italian, though these people say I'm worthless Euro/godless trash I don't care, PRIDE.
                          Who is this "Ima" you speak of so frequently?

"Ima proud Australian/Italian. Ima gonna kill yo' momma. Ima gonna get me some fried chicken."

She sounds like a large angry Negress, someone good Christian folk would rather avoid, to be honest.
                          www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
                          Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
                          Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!

Comment

Why are we judging the people in the country by the country so very rigidly? That is being Malicious (Romans 1:29) and Wicked (Romans 1:29). Geographical location is chosen and pre-determined by God, he made no country without its ups and downs. Some with more then others. But to generalise is to ignore God's choice! It is to ignore God!
                            READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Originally posted by Unfalsifiable View Post
                              Why are we judging the people in the country by the country so very rigidly? That is being Malicious (Romans 1:29) and Wicked (Romans 1:29). Geographical location is chosen and pre-determined by God, he made no country without its ups and downs.
                              Name one "up" to North Korea.
                              O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X