X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Place here your personal-favorite poems

Originally posted by Rachael Van Helsing View Post
    Maybe but my mind is too full of sleepyness to think properly now. Sleepy. So very sleepy...
    Think of the myriad spiders milling about waiting for your eyelids to close. THE FANGS! THE FANGS!
    Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
    "God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
    Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6

Comment

Maybe but my mind is too full of sleepyness to think properly now. Sleepy. So very sleepy...
      I think there's something wrong with your health, Van Spiderbait. It seems you're always sleepy! Why, nearly every day you seem to get sleepy.

Perhaps you're not eating right?

Comment

"The Huge and Nasty Spider"

The huge and nasty spider
        Crawled up on Rachael's head!
        It crawled all around
        Then made a nice soft bed.
        It wiggled down her shoulder
        And jumped down to the floor
        Then the huge and nasty spider
        Crawled on Lilith's head for more!

Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourKnees View Post
          Perhaps you're not eating right?
          I concur. A diet consisting of nothing but her dark master's unholy seed certainly couldn't contain all the necessary vitamins and minerals a healthy body requires.
          Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
          Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
          Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
          All a-Twitter for Salvation!
          Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
          On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
          My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
            "The Huge and Nasty Spider"

The huge and nasty spider
            Crawled up on Rachael's head!
            It crawled all around
            Then made a nice soft bed.
            It wiggled down her shoulder
            And jumped down to the floor
            Then the huge and nasty spider
            Crawled on Lilith's head for more!
            Where's the verse about the egg-laying?

Comment

I always like this one by Poe:

"Annabel Lee"
              by: Edgar Allen Poe

It was many and many a year ago,
              In a kingdom by the sea,
              That a maiden there lived whom you may know
              By the name of Annabel Lee;--
              And this maiden she lived with no other thought
              Than to love and be loved by me.
              She was a child and I was a child,
              In this kingdom by the sea,
              But we loved with a love that was more than love--
              I and my Annabel Lee--
              With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
              Coveted her and me.
              And this was the reason that, long ago,
              In this kingdom by the sea,
              A wind blew out of a cloud by night
              Chilling my Annabel Lee;
              So that her high-born kinsman came
              And bore her away from me,
              To shut her up in a sepulchre
              In this kingdom by the sea.
              The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
              Went envying her and me:--
              Yes! that was the reason (as all men know,
              In this kingdom by the sea)
              That the wind came out of a cloud, chilling
              And killing my Annabel Lee.
              But our love it was stronger by far than the love
              Of those who were older than we--
              Of many far wiser than we--
              And neither the angels in Heaven above,
              Nor the demons down under the sea,
              Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
              Of the beautiful Annabel Lee:--
              For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
              Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
              And the stars never rise but I see the bright eyes
              Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
              And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
              Of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride,
              In her sepulchre there by the sea--
              In her tomb by the side of the sea.

Religious themes aside, it's a very beautiful poem...
              Hahahahaha, do you know who inspired that poem?
              Did you know that when you have Jesus in your life, it's possible to get through a whole morning without getting high? It's true!
              O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
                Hahahahaha, do you know who inspired that poem?
                Edgar Allen Poe?
                Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
                "God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
                Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
                  Edgar Allen Poe?
                  Edgar Allen Poe wrote that for his wife. She was also his cousin. They first married when he was 27 and she was 13. Does the poem still seem quite so romantic now?
                  O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
                    Well, if Mohammed could marry a 6 year old girl and consummate the marriage when she was 9, and Jerry Lee Lewis could marry HIS cousin, then why shouldn't . . . oh, wait. Those are BAD examples, huh?

Comment

The Cup of Milk (Boy approaches girl on the beach.)

These waves have come a thousand miles
                      To worship at your feet.
                      I have come to borrow a cup of milk
                      I live just down the street.

This was New Zealand Poet Gary McCormick's answer to the charge that there had never been a New Zealand love poem and that we are not only a Godless, but unromantic lot. McCormick himself is convinced that this not only fits the bill, but is a superior piece. It is brief, to the point, realistic, and berift of the foolish sentimentality that so often ruins 'love' poetry.
                      Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Comment

Originally posted by Enobarbus View Post
                        The Cup of Milk (Boy approaches girl on the beach.)

These waves have come a thousand miles
                        To worship at your feet.
                        I have come to borrow a cup of milk

This was New Zealand Poet Gary McCormick's answer to the charge that there had never been a New Zealand love poem and that we are not only a Godless, but unromantic lot. McCormick himself is convinced that this not only fits the bill, but is a superior piece. It is brief, to the point, realistic, and berift of the foolish sentimentality that so often ruins 'love' poetry.
                        I agree, but wonder why he jangles the rhythm in L3?
                        It's cutting and good in message otherwise. Yes, applause for his excising maudlinism.

Perhaps better?

The waves have come one thousand miles
                        To flatter at your feet.
                        I have come to honor you.

Comment

For Rachael (impelled by Christ's own love)

a MS of ca. 1869, in correspondence to her sister.

A Spider sewed

at Night

Without a Light

Upon an Arc of

White.

If Ruff it was

of Dame

Or Shroud of Gnome

Himself himself

inform.

Of Immortality

His Strategy

Was Physiognomy.

Last edited by Poetic Peter; 02-03-2007, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Poetic Peter View Post
                            I agree, but wonder why he jangles the rhythm in L3?
                            It's cutting and good in message otherwise. Yes, applause for his excising maudlinism.

Perhaps better?

The waves have come one thousand miles
                            To flatter at your feet.
                            I have come to honor you.
                            I think he jangles it quite deliberately to contrast the mundane with the somewhat purple first two lines. He wasn't being terribly serious. Your line three seems to me to completely miss the point. He has come to borrow a cup of milk or sugar; not to honor anyone.
                            Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitoshi View Post
                              I am get much private message ask for poem I am write last year for single forum for get dates. okay I am just post here for every one enjoy. As can see Japanese make good quality car and poem.

Life is much stormy sea
                              by Hitoshi Yamamoto

Life is much stormy sea.
                              I am ship needing find land.
                              oh honey give harbor to me.
                              I need girl is understand.
                              I am give very much love.
                              tetty bear hug so gentle squeeze.
                              You be Hitoshi's baby dove.
                              No fatty please.
                              so if is you want good time
                              respecting and honor from start
                              Honey Baby say you mine
                              I happy be captain of your heart.
                              poems silly thread silly silly people. japanese man most silly of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Wu Ling View Post
                                poems silly thread silly silly people. japanese man most silly of all.
                                I love a good chink fight.
                                Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Working...
                                X