Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > The introduction forum
Reload this Page Hello.
The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

(#21)
Old
GALS 4 GOD Guidance Counseler
Expert at baking, sewing, and rebuking unsaved scum
True Christian™

True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Mission to Australia Real American™ Best stoning bucket Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Best Pie Platinum Tither The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Lord’s Witness Wound Christian Love One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient

Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogitar View Post
I've got a few quick questions. If god created all, what created god? It's impossible for it to just start with god, and where does god exist? As well as where does hell/satan exist as well? And how would you get there when you die?
All the above has been answered here so many times, I have lost count.

How about you check out the Creation Science forum, on your journey to enlightenment

However prior to doing so, please make an introduction thread of your own.

Thank you

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
Just see what He offers me....
Down here my sins forgiven,
Up there a home in heaven
Praise God, That's the way for me!!
(#22)
Old
Unsaved trash, viscious hatemonger
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Atheist Hellbound Heathen

Location: Not believing in ridiculous things like some cosmic jewish zombie.
Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Phebe Dewitt View Post
For a start, I have not given you any infractions.

Secondly, your above waffling is just YOUR opinion on the matter. Just because you claim YOUR life has no purpose, doesn't mean everyone else thinks as you do. Ergo, it is not a REAL ANSWER, it is merely a jaded opinion.

I am actually sorry that you feel that your time on here is so worthless and futile.

How wonderful that your atheism fills you will so much joy!

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.
Oh, but it does fill me with joy. Feeling free from the chains of laws and rules, or as you may call it, "commandments" feels really nice. Not worrying about every move you make is great, too.

And no, it's not only MY opinion. If you actually took the time to listen to what other atheists say, you would find that their story is QUITE similar. The same applies to you. All of this is YOUR opinion on the matter. Just because people on this forum claim God exists, doesn't mean he does. Ergo, it's not a REAL ANSWER, it is merely a gullible opinion.
(#23)
Old

Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Can I justify that is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Smile Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rogers View Post
But what would I know what to do with no one to follow? I couldn't bear it! You atheists must lead very sad and somewhat anxious lives.
Oh, not at all! What you do, is whatever you want to do. Do what you want with your life. You're stuck in school for a good quarter or less of your life, then you work. "What to do?" Work, play, enjoy life, don't worry about being condemned every waking moment of your life. Relax. Have fun. We don't live sad nor anxious lives, no, we're FREE. If we did, we would surely convert to a religion that would stop that feeling. Notice how Atheists don't convert back into christians.

And I suppose you can't bare it because you're too weak without a God or belief. How typical. I'm not insulting you in any way, that's just what it seems like as of now, because Atheists live happy and fulfilled lives.
(#24)
Old
Foul Sinner on Moderation

Location: Does it matter? All you people will say is hell anyway.
Moogitar is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:32 AM

No mean to insult the people of this board, but it seems like (from reading previous posts in this thread) that you people are not very open minded to what other religions have to say.. It seems like whatever is going against your religion, or is not accepted by your religion, is quickly deemed a sin, or wrong, and needs to be corrected according to your religion.. (Just putting that out there.)
(#25)
Old
True Christian™

True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Mission to Australia Real American™ Best stoning bucket Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Best Pie Platinum Tither The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Lord’s Witness Wound Christian Love One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient

Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Phebe Carlyle is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can you justify that View Post
Oh, but it does fill me with joy. Feeling free from the chains of laws and rules, or as you may call it, "commandments" feels really nice. Not worrying about every move you make is great, too.

And no, it's not only MY opinion. If you actually took the time to listen to what other atheists say, you would find that their story is QUITE similar. The same applies to you. All of this is YOUR opinion on the matter. Just because people on this forum claim God exists, doesn't mean he does. Ergo, it's not a REAL ANSWER, it is merely a gullible opinion.
So you don't worry about laws now? You would go out willy-nilly on a murderous rampage and not care?

Again, I was right, you are ignoring God and claiming he doesn't exist to feed your own lusts, desires and sicko fetishes.

I also do not go out of my way to spend time with atheist, but you cannot guarantee me that EVERY atheist in the world agrees with your opinion.

At least I CAN say that all Christians believe In God!

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
(#26)
Old
Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
The meaning of life, for starters.
Now let's be open-minded and not give any more unnecessary infractions, I'm just answering her question.

Now, the meaning of life is not to follow a religion, but there simply is no reason for life. There really isn't. It's quite simple. Think with me for a second. Think of a world with no God. No one to follow. You're on your own. So then what is the meaning of god? Just picture it. Life is already created, doesn't matter how, but something logical. Not by a God. So, you have nothing to praise for your life except your bearer. You wander around, learning the knowledge around you. Mechanically, what you are meant to do in life is don't cause any trouble or havoc, contribute to society and help it advance, then just die. But, because all of you are so narrow-minded, like I've seen on other threads, you probably won't see my point of view. But this is what many atheists around the world believe.
You must be one of those people who believe the meaning of life equals 42.

How can there be a world with God. After all, God created the world. Using you logic of there is no God, then you would not be here.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#27)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
So you don't worry about laws now? You would go out willy-nilly on a murderous rampage and not care?

Again, I was right, you are ignoring God and claiming he doesn't exist to feed your own lusts, desires and sicko fetishes.

I also do not go out of my way to spend time with atheist, but you cannot guarantee me that EVERY atheist in the world agrees with your opinion.

At least I CAN say that all Christians believe In God!

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

Are you even trying to listen to what I say? I'm saying the laws of RELIGION, not the justice system. That is a completely different thing.

Also, yes, I can guarantee what I said. But I did not say that EVERY Atheist agrees with me. Every atheist has his or her own opinion. That's also what makes Atheism such a special religion. There are no bounds on what to believe, you can believe and make your own theories. It's very healthy for the brain. I did not say they agree with exactly what I said, nor did I say every Atheist does. I'm saying it's QUITE SIMILAR. Thanks for taking what I say out of context, though.
(#28)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Are you even trying to listen to what I say? I'm saying the laws of RELIGION, not the justice system. That is a completely different thing.

Also, yes, I can guarantee what I said. But I did not say that EVERY Atheist agrees with me. Every atheist has his or her own opinion. That's also what makes Atheism such a special religion. There are no bounds on what to believe, you can believe and make your own theories. It's very healthy for the brain. I did not say they agree with exactly what I said, nor did I say every Atheist does. I'm saying it's QUITE SIMILAR. Thanks for taking what I say out of context, though.

So as such, it is not a REAL ANSWER as it is not an ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Also the secular legal system USES God's commandments to MAKE its laws in the case of Murder and Theft, etc...

ALL things are FROM GOD. You just don't want to admit that.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
(#29)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa H View Post
You must be one of those people who believe the meaning of life equals 42.

How can there be a world with God. After all, God created the world. Using you logic of there is no God, then you would not be here.
Good question. Ever hear of the big bang? Again, I doubt it, so here you are;

The big bang is a theory that a bunch of chemicals and materials in a huge ball, septillions of times bigger than the biggest thing you could imagine. It all exploded, and sent chunks of rock and chemical floating around the universe. Some chemicals formed and created stars, some stars died and created black holes, some things crashed into one another, halting the explosive speeds of some rock and material, and keep in mind that all this material is HUGE. So when one crashes into another, they slowly stop moving, some stars catch slow moving rocks in it's pull, and therefore creates a planet. Then other life forms, which were also in the big bang mix hit the planet, that say, was attached to a meteor, and created the life that we have today.
(#30)
Old
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:

So you do not want to follow laws of religion. You said "That's also what makes Atheism such a special religion". So you do not want to follow any laws.

Who are you, some James Dean type who wants to be a rebel without a cause.

Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#31)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:52 AM

Quote:

The big bang is a theory that a bunch of chemicals and materials in a huge ball, septillions of times bigger than the biggest thing you could imagine. It all exploded, and sent chunks of rock and chemical floating around the universe. Some chemicals formed and created stars, some stars died and created black holes, some things crashed into one another, halting the explosive speeds of some rock and material, and keep in mind that all this material is HUGE. So when one crashes into another, they slowly stop moving, some stars catch slow moving rocks in it's pull, and therefore creates a planet. Then other life forms, which were also in the big bang mix hit the planet, that say, was attached to a meteor, and created the life that we have today.
Of course I have heard of the Big Bang. Of course scientists are always changing what happened during the Big Bang, just like all the other theories they come up with. Now Stephen Hawking is coming up with some other theory.

The real truth is, God created the world.

(#32)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
So you do not want to follow laws of religion. You said "That's also what makes Atheism such a special religion". So you do not want to follow any laws.

Who are you, some James Dean type who wants to be a rebel without a cause.
Not at all. I just like being free, not having to abide to any rules other than what you're expected to as the law states is much easier than having extra laws and having false hope for something out there and a good afterlife.
(#33)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:

The big bang is a theory....blahblah blah
That's all that needs to be said. It is MERE THEORY not a REAL ANSWER.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
(#34)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Of course I have heard of the Big Bang. Of course scientists are always changing what happened during the Big Bang, just like all the other theories they come up with. Now Stephen Hawking is coming up with some other theory.

The real truth is, God created the world.
You act like there's something wrong with theories. Really, think about it. No God. No one to tell you how you were formed, what species you're defined as, in maybe some animal kingdom with millions of species of animals there may have been, there are many possibilities. Lots of things you don't know about. That's what theories do. If enough evidence is there to explain it, then it's seen as what it is as long as it makes enough sense. God isn't getting us anywhere. Science is. Eventually, with Science, we will be able to migrate to new planets and solar systems, and maybe one day conquer the universe with our species. Otherwise, with the belief of God, we're just going to rot here on Earth and everyone will die. Seems a lot better right?

And no, that's only your opinion on how the world was created. You have no proof.
(#35)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Not at all. I just like being free, not having to abide to any rules other than what you're expected to as the law states is much easier than having extra laws and having false hope for something out there and a good afterlife.
Now lets clear something up.

1. You claimed atheism is a religion.
2. You follow state laws written by atheists.

Therefore you are following religious laws.

(#36)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
That's all that needs to be said. It is MERE THEORY not a REAL ANSWER.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

God is just a theory, too. The only proof you have is how many people believe in him and the Bible, which could have EASILY been written by someone ages ago.

If you haven't made the connection yet, theories help us understand life. Without science, we would be very primitive. Theory has helped us advance. Why don't you think about that?
(#37)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Now lets clear something up.

1. You claimed atheism is a religion.
2. You follow state laws written by atheists.

Therefore you are following religious laws.
1. Definitions of Religion on the Web: A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

So yes, by the definition of religion, Atheism is a religion.

2. Don't be smart with me, I meant I don't want to follow the rules set by OTHER religions, with Gods. Again, Atheism is a SPECIAL religion. You choose your path. There are no laws for Atheism, I was talking about the Justice System.
(#38)
Old
True Christian™

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
You act like there's something wrong with theories. Really, think about it. No God. No one to tell you how you were formed, what species you're defined as, in maybe some animal kingdom with millions of species of animals there may have been, there are many possibilities. Lots of things you don't know about. That's what theories do. If enough evidence is there to explain it, then it's seen as what it is as long as it makes enough sense. God isn't getting us anywhere. Science is. Eventually, with Science, we will be able to migrate to new planets and solar systems, and maybe one day conquer the universe with our species. Otherwise, with the belief of God, we're just going to rot here on Earth and everyone will die. Seems a lot better right?

And no, that's only your opinion on how the world was created. You have no proof.
I have proof God created the world.

As for your science theories, all they are doing is trying to prove how the world works. Guess what! It is proving how God has made everything works.

Did you know aliens do exist, they are just people who live illegally in a country. Not some other planet in some galaxy far far far away.

(#39)
Old

Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
I have proof God created the world.

As for your science theories, all they are doing is trying to prove how the world works. Guess what! It is proving how God has made everything works.

Did you know aliens do exist, they are just people who live illegally in a country. Not some other planet in some galaxy far far far away.
1. That's from the BIBLE. You can't use your own belief as your proof. You have to use something in which everyone believes in order for your point to be valid. That's just some text in a book.

Oh, but I guess you're right. It's true because some book says so.

2. It is most certainly not proving how "God created the heaven and the earth," it is proving how it REALLY was formed. You're implying the "Big Bang," which is a theory, is what God is, and that's all he is. If theories like that explain how God created everything, then God = Science and nothing more. Nothing less.
(#40)
Old
Foul Sinner on Moderation

Location: Does it matter? All you people will say is hell anyway.
Moogitar is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Hello. - 10-01-2010, 03:16 AM

Errr... Just because it's written in the bible that god created all, that means it's true? Humans have all the bad things in them like greed, hatred, etc. The bible was written by a human, right? So who's to say the bible writer was evil, and wanted to gain something by making a fairytale?