X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Day 1. Genesis 1-3

You teach with a great annointing Brother V! Praise Jesus!
    sigpic

Psalm 50:22 Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
    Deuteronomy32:35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.
    Jerimiah 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
    Numbers 32:23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.
    Leviticus24:14 Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
    Ephesians5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Comment

How I love reading about God creating earth, as mentioned before: it makes much more sense that the Big Bomb or whatever theory!
      Praise Jesus Brother V!
      Proverbs 14:1

Every wise woman buildeth her house:
      but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

Comment

i would like to start reading the bible, as published at the site biblegateway.
        although there are alot of translations, does this forum have advice witch of the translations is 'best'

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timboyke View Post
          although there are alot of translations, does this forum have advice witch of the translations is 'best'

Tim
          King James Version 1611 is the only one what is right version.

YIC, Mari
          Ex JW and quiet, shy, timid girl who wants to be a True Cristian Lady.
          My favorite verse from the Bible is:
          - A true WITNESSE deliuereth soules: but a deceitfull WITNESSE speaketh lyes.

Comment

Originally posted by timboyke View Post

Tim
            Please read my sermon on how to tell which Bible version is the one TRUE Holy Word of God HERE.

There are seven of them.
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

You listed who Paul will Damn.

Jesus damns those who ignore the homeless.

Matthew 25
              41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Comment

Re: You listed who Paul will Damn.

Originally posted by commonterry View Post
                Jesus damns those who ignore the homeless.

Matthew 25:41 - 45
                First, let us consider:
                Mat:26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Here Jesus says there is no absolute cure for poverty. There is no need even trying to prevent poverty - the task is hopeless.

Now consider this:

Since 1964 the United States Governments (Federal and State) have transferred over five trillion dollars from the middle class and the rich to the poor. Are the poor better off today or have they become more enslaved and dependent on government?

Now let's see what God really says:
                I Timothy 5:8, “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.”

And let us consider:

2Th:3:8: Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
                2Th:3:9: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
                2Th:3:10: For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
                2Th:3:11: For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
                2Th:3:12: Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

As a commentary from LBC on The Lord's Word, I think you will agree that we here are doing it right. You, on the other hand, are pissing against the wall.
                1Kings:16:11And it came to pass, when he began to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, that he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall, neither of his kinsfolks, nor of his friends.
                sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

I could not have said it better, Sister Charli.
                  I have grown tired of telling them that there is no "theory" that will save them from the fires of Hell. I just hope that they repent early on, and enjoy the glory of His creations instead of wasting precious time with this monkey non-sense.
                  Genesis 38:15 When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.
                  Hebrews 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.

Comment

Though it has been a while since this thread has been posted in, there is something regarding Genesis 1-3 that I've been wondering about, and this seems the appropriate place to put it.

Genesis 1:24 through Genesis 1:27 tells us that God made the animals of the world before He made man: "And God said, 'Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.' And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." All of which is very well and good, and very profoundly written.

But during the story telling of the creation of Adam, Genesis 2:19 through Genesis 2:20 tells us that the beasts and birds of the Earth came after man: "Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals." Again, all well and good, as it explains how man came to dominate over the creatures of the world.

But we are taught that the word of the Bible is 100% true, and in these places, the story of the Bible contradicts itself. I don't wish to say that the Bible is wrong - for that would be blasphemous - nor do I want to discredit the possibility that, in His power, God could have done both at once. So the question I pose is thus: Are both versions of the order of events during Creation correct, or is it only one; and, if the later, which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Son of John View Post
                      So the question I pose is thus: Are both versions of the order of events during Creation correct, or is it only one; and, if the later, which one?
                      They are both true.

The first is the account of creation of the world and the universe.

The second is the account of creation of Eden.

Adam and Eve were the special, chosen people created in Eden. The first Jews.

The other people were the ones their children hybridized with (probably the "Neanderthals") once kicked out of Eden.
                      Bible boring? Nonsense!
                      Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                      You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Fair enough. Makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                          Adam and Eve were the special, chosen people created in Eden. The first Jews.
                          Jews hadn't come through until later generations because of Adam's sin, although Adam is, as you have shared Rev. M. Rodimer "chosen." Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Abraham recognized as the first Jew being referred to as "Hebrew?" The Covenant at Mount Sinai had not yet taken place, so there wasn't yet a Jewish People. Besides being anyone who descends from Abraham and/or following his teaching, "Jews" as by definition are also from Judah, the twelve sons of Jacob, the twelve tribes of Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimei View Post
                            Jews hadn't come through until later generations because of Adam's sin, although Adam is, as you have shared Rev. M. Rodimer "chosen." Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Abraham recognized as the first Jew being referred to as "Hebrew?" The Covenant at Mount Sinai had not yet taken place, so there wasn't yet a Jewish People. Besides being anyone who descends from Abraham and/or following his teaching, "Jews" as by definition are also from Judah, the twelve sons of Jacob, the twelve tribes of Israel.
                            So by your argument, Abraham wasn't Jewish, because he was descended from Adam.

YBIC

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Hopkins View Post
                              So by your argument, Abraham wasn't Jewish, because he was descended from Adam.

YBIC
                              Actually, it is the mother's side I would look towards. Descendants from a Jewish mother are Jews, and are obligated in the Jewish commandments of the Torah. Likewise anyone born to a Gentile mother are Gentiles (one of the Children of Noah), and are obligated in the Noahide commandments of the Torah. At Mount Sinai, the approx. 3 million assembled Israelites entered into a Divine Covenant with God and became the Jewish People, and they received the Torah Law from God through Moses.

This was said to me by a Rabbi, and something I wrote down years ago. Correct me if wrong, I wouldn't be able to expound more on this without consulting him, was this information he shared wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimei View Post
                                Actually, it is the mother's side I would look towards. Descendants from a Jewish mother are Jews, and are obligated in the Jewish commandments of the Torah. Likewise anyone born to a Gentile mother are Gentiles (one of the Children of Noah), and are obligated in the Noahide commandments of the Torah. At Mount Sinai, the approx. 3 million assembled Israelites entered into a Divine Covenant with God and became the Jewish People, and they received the Torah Law from God through Moses.

This was said to me by a Rabbi, and something I wrote down years ago. Correct me if wrong, I wouldn't be able to expound more on this without consulting him, was this information he shared wrong?
                                So you need to establish Abraham's mother's Jewish credentials in order to prove Abraham's Judaism? 'Oy gevalt', as they say.

For some reason I'm wondering which came first, the kosher chicken or the egg in salt water?

Well, pilgrim, off you go to that rabbi and fetch me the relevant ketubah. Chop chop. And I need one for Abraham's maternal grandmother, and her mother, and her mother, and her mother, etc.

Or alternatively, just accept Jesus Christ as your savior.

Did you know that rabbis are required by Jewish law to have sexual intercourse on the sabbath? That's the way Jewish priests spend their 'holy' day. That sums up Jewishism, to me. It's full of holes: holes for the rabbi to fill in, through holes in the sheet, to holes in the bagels. It all just seems to go on forever.

YBIC

Comment

Working...
                                X