X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religions causing wars/killings, God's intention ?

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Pal you are the one who insists on being confused. You sound like a modern day papist, trying to spin history and split hairs in order to distance the mary worshiping cult from the monster that was Hitler. It simply will not work in this church.

If you insist that in order for Hitler to be a real, full fledged catlicker he'd have to attend mass every Sunday for his entire life, then you might have a point. But if you ask the roman pope what it takes to be a "good catholic", he'd say "splash some 'holy water' on them as soon as they're warm and they're catholic for life."

The truth is, Hitler studied the papist false Bible in prison, and he was inspired to kill the few hundred joos that he did because even the mary worshipers know enough to despise the joos who killed Christ. What other reason would he have to hate them?

I want you to stop this foolishness right now, boy. Hitler was a papist, and no matter how you try to dodge that, it is the truth. Don't make me have to give you another wad of infractions.
    Yes my dear Zeke, by the popes standard Hitler was a full fledged Catholic, in fact he was probably sitting in the Vatican drawing up all the demands he wanted from Hitler after his success, until he realised he had lost and started to draw up his plans to distance himself.

Hitler owed ALL of his success to the Catholics due to their support of him in German Parliament. However NAZI GERMANY was not a religious movement and world war 2 was a secular war, proving atheism kills more people then religion when it comes to fighting.

(Nazis weren't "doing it for Christ" or anything like that, just a few of them were "Catholics", we all know that means Christ probably never even entered their brains)
    READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Your still wrong.... Even if we agree with you over Hitler (which i dont). Do the maths. WW2 , an Athiests war as you call it doesn't even come close to the total death toll of all of the religious war's through history.

Hmmmm and also, To our Landover friends here..

If a war against the Jew's is a 'good' thing in your minds, Does that mean that you have much love and respect for us English ? I mean after all we did very kindly kick all of them out of our country in the later 13th century

And to the slightly dim guy. I'm still right, and your still sadly misinformed. Religion was the greatest factor in death throughout our hostory. Lets not forget it didn't only cause wars etc that amounted to death. It was also the single largest factor holding back medical science throughout time. Something that never really began to change untill Hippocrates's era.

Mark Vi

Comment

Originally posted by snottyduck View Post
        All in all it's pretty simple, witches do not exist, only people who think they are witches exist.
        Goths say witches don't exist, Jews say the Protocols of the Elders of Zion don't exist, Barack Osama says he's not a puppet of Iran. All this proves is that unsaved trash are liars.

Originally posted by Mark Vi View Post
        Yes god said that a witch should not be suffered to live, thats all very well and a fine commandment. The problem lies in identifying said witch! A neighbour with a distubute with their fellow neighbour can accuse her of being a witch.
        Yes, I suppose she could, but I'd have thought she'd have been too busy trying to get her distubute removed to have time to worry about witches. A distubute sounds painful.
        Originally posted by Unfalsifiable View Post
        However Hitler really didn't care too much about religion and in fact saw it as a rival power. However once he got going he embraced it as a tool on many occasions. As for his own personal beliefs, he never showed many. So in one way he defiantly was a Catholic, in another way he was an apathist.

The point at hand however was whether Nazi Germany was a religious movement which is certainly was not. It was helped by the Papists, the Papists are hugely to blame for WW2, but Nazis themselves weren't doing it in the name of the pope or anything like that (well maybe some were). WW2 was a secular war. Showing us that Atheism is at fault for more war-deaths then religion is.

My infraction was totally unneeded, Hitler and Catholicism are a complicated affair.
        Friend, it is a proved fact that the Holocaust was a Catholic plot. Even Pope Benedict admits it.
        Hmmmm and also, To our Landover friends here..

If a war against the Jew's is a 'good' thing in your minds, Does that mean that you have much love and respect for us English ? I mean after all we did very kindly kick all of them out of our country in the later 13th century
        Yes, but that wasn't because they killed Christ, it was because you owed them money.
        And to the slightly dim guy. I'm still right, and your still sadly misinformed. Religion was the greatest factor in death throughout our hostory. Lets not forget it didn't only cause wars etc that amounted to death. It was also the single largest factor holding back medical science throughout time. Something that never really began to change untill Hippocrates's era.

Mark Vi
        So, you're claiming that Christianity held back medical science until Hippocrates' era? Friend, he died in around 370 BC. Do you see the slight problem here, you insufferable retarded?
        O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
          So, you're claiming that Christianity held back medical science until Hippocrates' era? Friend, he died in around 370 BC. Do you see the slight problem here, you insufferable retarded?
          He's referring to the oath of Hippocrates, not Hippocrates himself.

Comment

He's referring to the oath of Hippocrates, not Hippocrates himself.
            No, he is not.

Perhaps you need to work on your reading comprehension, Ducksnot.
            Bible boring? Nonsense!
            Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
            You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
              No, he is not.

Perhaps you need to work on your reading comprehension, Ducksnot.

Yes he is, With the Hipocrates oath medical doctors are sworn never to intentionally hurt a patient. It's a standard practice for medical doctors to take this oath. That is what he means with the Hippocrates era, the era where doctors began to take the oath.

Comment

Yes he is, With the Hipocrates oath medical doctors are sworn never to intentionally hurt a patient. It's a standard practice for medical doctors to take this oath. That is what he means with the Hippocrates era, the era where doctors began to take the oath.
                Then why did he not say that?

Are you a mind reader? If so, I believe Herr Doktor would like to speak with you.
                Bible boring? Nonsense!
                Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!

Comment

Then why did he not say that?

Are you a mind reader? If so, I believe Herr Doktor would like to speak with you.

Snottyduck is right about the oath.

But no I was indeed talking about the person, born 460BC on Kos (And i dont even need to google that, go me) . Read the header for this topic... "Religion"

Relegion does not exclsuively mean christianity my friend, "Religion through time has held back modern medicine" in no way indicates I was talking about any religion in particular.... So prehaps it's your reading comprehension that needs some work.

Mark Vi

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Vi View Post
                    Snottyduck is right about the oath.

But no I was indeed talking about the person, born 460BC on Kos (And i dont even need to google that, go me) . Read the header for this topic... "Religion"

Relegion does not exclsuively mean christianity my friend, "Religion through time has held back modern medicine" in no way indicates I was talking about any religion in particular.... So prehaps it's your reading comprehension that needs some work.

Hope Vi
                    Hope VI -

Please tell us how the Greeks' pantheistic religion held back Hippocrates.

Please tell us how early Islamists (the people in Spain who preserved all the Greek/Roman writings while Christ-hating Catholic Pagans were burning them) held back medicine and learning.

Hmm?
                    Bible boring? Nonsense!

Comment

Your still wrong.... Even if we agree with you over Hitler (which i dont). Do the maths. WW2 , an Athiests war as you call it doesn't even come close to the total death toll of all of the religious war's through history.

Ok here is an idea, say the opposite to what you concluded, and you will have the truth.

72,000,000[2] World War II - 6,000,000 jews if you like.
                      36,000,000[5] An Shi Rebellion
                      60,000,000[7] Mongol Conquests
                      25,000,000 Manchu conquest of the Ming Dynasty
                      30,000,000 [10] Taiping Rebellion
                      19,000,000 World War I.
                      9,000,000[14] Russian Civil War

This is a list of the worlds bloodiest wars with wiki links, preceded by their estimated death tolls, in bold are the religious totals, not in bold are the atheist totals.

ATHEISMS KILL MORE PEOPLE IN WAR.
                      READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Originally posted by Unfalsifiable View Post
                        Ok here is an idea, say the opposite to what you concluded, and you will have the truth.

72,000,000[2] World War II - 6,000,000 jews if you like.
                        36,000,000[5] An Shi Rebellion
                        60,000,000[7] Mongol Conquests
                        25,000,000 Manchu conquest of the Ming Dynasty
                        30,000,000 [10] Taiping Rebellion
                        19,000,000 World War I.
                        9,000,000[14] Russian Civil War

This is a list of the worlds bloodiest wars with wiki links, preceded by their estimated death tolls, in bold are the religious totals, not in bold are the atheist totals.

ATHEISMS KILL MORE PEOPLE IN WAR.
                        Where do you get the idea that these millions of people were atheists? Or are you one of those simpletons who believes that simply saying something, or writing it down, makes it truth?

Do you believe everything you read on the Innernets, or in some book?

Here's a news flash for you, son. Someone writing something down doesn't make it true.
                        Bible boring? Nonsense!

Comment

Ridiculous. Everyone knows that Religion and Politics are the two BEST and MOST EFFICIENT ways of weeding out the sub-human trash-- the inferior sub-human garbage, the stupid ignorant filth, the animalistic inferiors-- where they belong.... in their camps and ovens. How else are you going to keep humanity pure?

Oh, sure, you criticize, but what solutions to YOU have for cleansing the rotting filthy masses of breath-stealing stinking hoardes of inferio0rs? Of what shall we make our xylophones and piano keys, if not from the bones of disgusting sub-human vermin? What, exactly, is YOUR solution to the Negro, Catholic, Asian, Jew, Mudslime, Canuck, Cripple, Demoncrat and Euroscum question, if not massive, systematic and total extermination? Huh, smartypants? What's a reasonable alternative?

Comment

Hope VI -

Please tell us how the Greeks' pantheistic religion held back Hippocrates.

Please tell us how early Islamists (the people in Spain who preserved all the Greek/Roman writings while Christ-hating Catholic Pagans were burning them) held back medicine and learning.

Hmm?
                            Hippocrates was the first man to think about medicine in a scientific light, before that all the old practices where based on the principles of religion (which lets be fair isn't going to help you much)

The theory of the four humours was the first breakthrough in medical scientific thinking, Yes... it was wrong. But it was still the turning point for modern day medicine.

So religion before that did hold back medicine. Hell early religion would have called for smashing a hole in your head to let the 'evil spirits' out when you had a headache....

Also to the guy above, what solution could I make ? Simple, for one power or country to conquer every nation on the earth eradicating all of what you discribes as "inferiors".

Hitler was a madman, and in your minds a sinner. But would the world have been a better place if he had succeeeded ?? If the british had sided with him at the beginning of the war as Hitler had asked them to do what would have been the outcome, For a start america would never have dropped 'littleboy' as it wouldn't have been created in time... who knows.

Mark Vi

Comment

Hippocrates was the first man to think about medicine in a scientific light, before that all the old practices where based on the principles of religion (which lets be fair isn't going to help you much)
                              All misfortune, illness included, is from God and is a punishment for sins. Petitioning God, via prayer is the way forward. Secular medicine is of the devil, as it works to defeat God’s purpose.

2Ch:16:12: And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
                              2Ch:16:13: And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

Job:13:3: Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.
                              Job:13:4: But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.
                              Job:13:5: O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.
                              Job:13:6: Hear now my reasoning, and hearken to the pleadings of my lips.
                              Job:13:7: Will ye speak wickedly for God? and talk deceitfully for him?
                              Job:13:8: Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God?

The theory of the four humours was the first breakthrough in medical scientific thinking, Yes... it was wrong. But it was still the turning point for modern day medicine.
                              How can something that even you say was wrong be a turning point?

So religion before that did hold back medicine.
                              See above, prayer is still a sovereign remedy if God so wills.

Hell early religion would have called for smashing a hole in your head to let the 'evil spirits' out when you had a headache...
                              and is still used: Trepanation is a treatment used for epidural and subdural hematomas, and for surgical access for certain other neurosurgical procedures, such as intracranial pressure monitoring. Modern surgeons generally use the term craniotomy for this procedure. The removed piece of skull is typically replaced as soon as possible. If the bone is not replaced, then the procedure is considered a craniectomy.

All I can say is that your medical and biblical knowledge are equally abysmal. One wonders why you bother commenting.

sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                              Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Where do you get the idea that these millions of people were atheists? Or are you one of those simpletons who believes that simply saying something, or writing it down, makes it truth?

Do you believe everything you read on the Innernets, or in some book?

Here's a news flash for you, son. Someone writing something down doesn't make it true.
                                What are you talking about?

Someone told me religious warring killed more people then any other, so I brought up the figures of religious and non-religious wars, non-religious wars have caused much more death.

Therefore, rather then the "religious" people to be to blame for war deaths, the non-religious people are, what do we call non-religious people? Atheists.

So if someone is claiming that religious wars are something to shame religion with, you can just turn right around and show them just how many people die in wars when God is not on peoples minds.

God by comparison is merciful and loving, sure he can kick major ass, but his love for us shines through when we see how many die when people fight over greed rather then God.

Atheist wars are far more to blame, shame on atheists.
                                READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Working...
                                X