Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Catholic Superstition
Reload this Page Ask a Catholic!
Catholic Superstition The lies of the Catholic "church" exposed in light of the truth of Scripture

(#1)
Old
Unsaved Angst-Ridden Trash
Corinth or whatever his name is sneaking in again under another name for the umpteenth time.

Born Again Kev is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 04:37 AM

You all seem to misunderstand the Catholic religion and its beliefs and practices. I figured I'll try and abolish such misunderstandings. So give me a question about the Catholic Church and I shall respond truthfully and to the best of my ability, quoting books on the subject if needed to. Please try to ask decent, non-mocking questions. This means no, "Why are you all homers?" or other stupid, insulting questions. Ask away!

P.S. I have a life, so if you see a build up of questions, it's because I'm not here. Don't let this thing get overflowed while I'm gone.
(#2)
Old
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™

OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:01 AM

How do Catholics rationalize praying to Mary, whom you call "Queen of Heaven", a title never given within the Bible, and a slew of other dead people called "saints", when God specifically states that we are to have no gods other than Him?

God also specifically states that all dead people will remain dead until they are resurrected at Judgment Day. So how can one pray to a dead "saint"?

For a dead person to hear prayers, does that person not have to be alive at the moment? Does that person not have to be omniscient? Does that not make that person a god?
(#3)
Old
Scientific Advisor
True Christian™

1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Publisher's Choice True Christian™ Saved 1 Year Silver Tither True Heterosexual™ Ex-Gay True Scientist™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Tell her once True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Flat Earth Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Trump of GOD True Christian Provider™ award Babysitter Stamp of Approval Alternative Facts Pastor Ezekiel Christian Love True Scientist™ Saved 10 Years

Location: Landover Baptist University for the Saved, Corridor 17C
Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:11 AM

Here's a start for you, assuming you can read:

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160_34.asp

But my own personal question:
Why does the pope dress like a queer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable questions that Cathoholics can't answer
  1. If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did Rome reject or question the inspiration of James and Hebrews , then later accept it? Conversely, Rome accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Catholic church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple? Should not the "Holy See" have known?
  2. If the Orthodox church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did the eastern churches reject or question the inspiration of Revelation, then later accept it? Conversely, the east accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Orthodox church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple?
  3. If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible in 397 AD, then why did many different versions of canons continue to circulate long afterwards?
  4. If the Roman Catholic church gave us the Bible, why were the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) African councils, and not initiatives of Rome?
  5. Since the synod Carthage in 393 AD stated, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon", does this not prove that Rome had no direct input or initiative in determining the canon.
  6. Since the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) were under the control of what would later become the "orthodox church", how can the Roman Catholic church claim they determined the Canon? Would not such a claim be more naturally due the Eastern Orthodox church?
  7. If the Catholic church, "by her own inherent God given power and authority" gave the world the Bible, why did she not get it right the first time? Why did the Roman Catholic church wait until 1546 AD in the Council of Trent, to officially add the Apocrypha to the Canon?
  8. Both Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox church leaders make the identical claim that they gave the world the Bible. If both the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches make the same claim they gave the world the Bible, why do they have different books in each of their Bibles? Whose "church authority" shall we believe? Whose tradition is the one we should follow?
  9. Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin.
  10. Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?
  11. If you are not permitted to engage in private interpretation of the Bible, how do you know which "apostolic tradition" is correct between the Roman Catholic, the Orthodox and the Watchtower churches, for all three teach the organization alone can interpret scripture correctly, to the exclusion of individual?
  12. Why did God fail to provide an inspired and infallible list of Old Testament books to Israel? Why would God suddenly provide such a list only after Israel was destroyed in 70 AD?
  13. How could the Jews know that books of Kings or Isaiah were Scripture?
  14. If the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches both believes that the scripture: "the church is the pillar and foundation of truth" means the church is protected from error then: a. Why do they teach doctrine so different that they are not even in communion with each other? b. How do you account for the vast number of documented theological errors made by the pope and the church in general?
  15. If the both the Orthodox and Catholic churches follow apostolic oral tradition exactly, how come they teach doctrine so different, that they are not even in communion with each other?
  16. Both Tertullian and Jerome gave a list of oral traditions that were not found in the Bible. (Tertullian, The crown or De Corona, ch 3-4), (Jerome, Dialogue Against the Luciferians, 8) Tertullian said of these practices that "without any written instrument, we maintain on the ground of tradition alone". These include, baptizing by immersion three times, giving the one baptized a "drink of milk and honey" then forbidding the person from taking a bath for a week, kneeling in Sunday mass was forbidden, and the sign of the cross was to be made on the forehead. Jerome, echoing Tertullian, said that these "observances of the Churches, which are due to tradition, have acquired the authority of the written law". Why does the Catholic church not immerse thrice and allow kneeling? Why do both the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches not keep any of these traditions, with the exception of thrice immersion by the Orthodox? Why do Roman Catholic churches today have knelling rails in front of every pew? If the "apostolic tradition" was to make the sign of the cross on the forehead, why do both Orthodox and Catholic churches change this to the current practice of the sign on the chest and head? If extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed, then why don't the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches practice all of these things?
When you finish with those, continue here....

Trump 2020: "For Real This Time"
(#4)
Old
Corinth or whatever his name is sneaking in again under another name for the umpteenth time.

Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
How do Catholics rationalize praying to Mary, whom you call "Queen of Heaven", a title never given within the Bible, and a slew of other dead people called "saints", when God specifically states that we are to have no gods other than Him?

God also specifically states that all dead people will remain dead until they are resurrected at Judgment Day. So how can one pray to a dead "saint"?

For a dead person to hear prayers, does that person not have to be alive at the moment? Does that person not have to be omniscient? Does that not make that person a god?
Thank you, kind sir. This was just the question I was hoping one of you would ask. Here is a quote from my religion textbook, "Understanding the Catechism: Creed" by Michael Pennock.

In regards to the saints:
"Catholics have always found devotion to the saints one important way to help us live holy lives. Devotion to saints includes veneration of them, not worship that is due to God alone. We do not pray to the saints as though they were God Almighty. Rather, we ask them to intercede for us with our heavenly Father. Devotion to the saints also includes learning about their lives and imitating one or another of their heroic virtues. For example, when Ignatius of Loyola was recovering from a battle wound, he read the lives of the saints. What he read so moved him that he vowed to reform his life"

In regards to Mary:
"One distinguishing characteristic of Catholicism is its devotion to the Blessed Mother. Our prayer to and honor of her helps us love her as our own mother. They also inspire us to imitate her obedience to God's will. Sometimes Catholics are accused of 'worshiping' Mary, if making her equal to God. This is a false charge. Mary is our mother whom we honor, but Jesus is our one and only Savior, the unique mediator between God and us. We worship God alone, but we venerate Mary as a uniquely blessed person who strongly attracts us to her Son Her role in God's plan is to give Jesus to us. Her fidelity, gentleness, and loving care model how we should respond to him. Her motherly concern is undying as she prays for us 'now and at the hour of our death.'"

I hope that helped.
(#5)
Old
Scientific Advisor
True Christian™

1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Publisher's Choice True Christian™ Saved 1 Year Silver Tither True Heterosexual™ Ex-Gay True Scientist™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Tell her once True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Flat Earth Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Trump of GOD True Christian Provider™ award Babysitter Stamp of Approval Alternative Facts Pastor Ezekiel Christian Love True Scientist™ Saved 10 Years

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:22 AM

Back that up with something from the Bible. Go ahead, I dare you.

(#6)
Old

Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. View Post
Here's a start for you, assuming you can read:

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160_34.asp

But my own personal question:
Why does the pope dress like a queer?[/list]When you finish with those, continue here....
Being a 15 year old, I have studied mostly doctrine and slight Church history only. I would like to be able to answer those questions, but I do not know enough about the origins of the Bible to be able to do that. I can suggest, however, that you find a college that offers courses in Catholic history and have a conversation with the professor. (S)He should be able to help you with your questions.
(#7)
Old

Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Back that up with something from the Bible. Go ahead, I dare you.
The saints were canonized after the Bible was written, so that's not there. Also, I really must be getting to bed, as it it 12:30 in the morning and I need to wake in six hours. I'll continue answering questions tomorrow.
(#8)
Old
Scientific Advisor
True Christian™

Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:32 AM

Ha! So you admit that you believe this just because someone wrote it down in a book?! You're crazy! The Catholic church is truly one of the few truly pagan religions remaining! Son, I suggest you pick up a Bible and read it sometime!

(#9)
Old

Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Ha! So you admit that you believe this just because someone wrote it down in a book?! You're crazy! The Catholic church is truly one of the few truly pagan religions remaining! Son, I suggest you pick up a Bible and read it sometime!
I'm saying that it is a formal summary of what we believe. I believed that before I was aware of the book's existence. I quoted it because a) it stated my point in the best way I saw possible and b) it being an accept curriculum work of literature in a Catholic school clearly shows that it is a well-accepted description of Catholic teachings and beliefs. As I've said before, I must be getting to bed, so I bid you all a fond farewell and goodnight.
(#10)
Old
Debate Moderator (and participant)
Master Debater-- Has Never Been Defeated in a Debate
Louder Than Reason
True Christian™

True Christian™ Saved 1 Year Fairest and most balanced broadcaster Saved 5 Years Real American™ Gold Tither Publisher's Choice TC Bravery Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Persecuted Pro-Life True Republican

Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Wash O'Hanley will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 06:19 AM

All the questions I have for you can only be answered AFTER your transition into Hell.
(#11)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 06:31 AM

1. Why are there idols in every cathylick church, even though God said:
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it:
For I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 26:1

I have personally seen people bow before statues of Mary, and the craze about such statues "weeping" (which is pure bs)
proves that cathylicks attribute supernatural power to those statues;
Thus, you worship them too.
----------------------------------------------

2. How can you claim that the pope is God's representative on earth, even though God said:
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1 Timothy 2:5

So as you can see.. God doesn't recognise a pope!

3. How can you call your priests "father" (and pope means the same) even though God said:
And call no man your father upon the earth:
For one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Matthew 23:9

So what you do is pure blasphemy, replacing God's role with a man.

4. How can you put any kind of "tradition" over scripture when God said:
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Matthew 15:3

Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Matthew 15:7-9

5. How can you call Mary "queen of heaven" although she isn't, and that actually is the title of a false god?
The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
Jeremiah 7:18

6. Jesus says that we are more blessed than Mary is, so how can you call her the queen of anything?
And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
Luke 11:27-28

Answers would be much appreciated, but as already said, use the Bible! (KJV1611)
We don't want any circular reasoing here, your "tradition" cannot prove itself, since it isn't the Word of God.

The Bible would have to validate it before you could use it, and it doesn't.
Jesus doesn't, as seen above, recognise any tradition.

PRAISE JESUS!, HOLY BE THY NAME!
DEATH TO THE ANTICHRIST POPE!

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13

Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 01-11-2007 at 06:44 AM.
(#12)
Old
Christian Poet Emeritus
Forum Member

True Heterosexual™ Christian Love The Lord’s Witness Wound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture

Poetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RapturePoetic Peter has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Thumbs down When you wake up, Kev, - 01-11-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again Kev View Post
I do not worship Mary, nor does any other Catholic.
Kevin, please explain your hypocrisy?
Quote:
Hail, Holy Queen,
Mother of Mercy,
our life, our sweetness and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us,
and after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

Thus it does appear
Catholics are liars.
Kevin is a Catholic

Kevin-pants a'fire.

Thanks to OYK for citation of the prayer to their "queen".
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=30764

addendum: Thank you Brother SS man for the grand expose' you installed whilst I was prepping my little curtain tug.
Kevin has enough homework to do now; he ought to quit secular and Catholic schooling--
just in order to catch up to even one tenth of the Truth!

Last edited by Poetic Peter; 01-11-2007 at 06:54 AM.
(#13)
Old
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™

OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Thank you, kind sir. This was just the question I was hoping one of you would ask. Here is a quote from my religion textbook, "Understanding the Catechism: Creed" by Michael Pennock.

In regards to the saints:
"Catholics have always found devotion to the saints one important way to help us live holy lives. Devotion to saints includes veneration of them, not worship that is due to God alone. We do not pray to the saints as though they were God Almighty. Rather, we ask them to intercede for us with our heavenly Father. Devotion to the saints also includes learning about their lives and imitating one or another of their heroic virtues. For example, when Ignatius of Loyola was recovering from a battle wound, he read the lives of the saints. What he read so moved him that he vowed to reform his life"

In regards to Mary:
"One distinguishing characteristic of Catholicism is its devotion to the Blessed Mother. Our prayer to and honor of her helps us love her as our own mother. They also inspire us to imitate her obedience to God's will. Sometimes Catholics are accused of 'worshiping' Mary, if making her equal to God. This is a false charge. Mary is our mother whom we honor, but Jesus is our one and only Savior, the unique mediator between God and us. We worship God alone, but we venerate Mary as a uniquely blessed person who strongly attracts us to her Son Her role in God's plan is to give Jesus to us. Her fidelity, gentleness, and loving care model how we should respond to him. Her motherly concern is undying as she prays for us 'now and at the hour of our death.'"

I hope that helped.
Not at all.

You did not address the fact that the Bible states that all lie dead in the ground rotting until they are resurrected AT JUDGMENT DAY. (That hasn't happened yet!)

Therefore, it is not possible to pray to (and be heard by) saints or Mary, as they are DEAD AND ROTTING until JUDGMENT DAY. Someone rotting in the ground has been given by Catholics the title "Queen of Heaven", which you also did not explain. This title is never given Mary in the Bible -- only as reference to a heathen goddess -- nor does God's Word in any way suggest that Mary was caught into Heaven alive, nor does it suggest that she remained a virgin (she had other children, Jesus' brothers). I propose that these are all fabrications of the Catholic Church, and challenge you to demonstrate otherwise.

You did not address the fact that God instructs us in His Word not to pray to idols, yet Catholics pray to/before statues of Mary and saints every day. And yes, I consider kneeling before a statue and kissing it and lighting candles to it idolatry. Yes, I realize they're praying to what the statue represents, not the piece of stone; that changes nothing. It is still doing exactly the opposite of what God stated in His Word.

You did not address the fact that, in order to hear prayers from all over the world, a saint or "like a Virgin" Mary must be omnipresent and omniscient, which are characteristics of God.

Finally, the Bible instructs us to come to God the Father/God the Son/God the Holy Spirit directly ("There is no path to the Father but through Me"), not to rotting corpses of human-appointed intermediaries. Where do you find justification for praying to any intermediary for intercession, other than in the inventions of the Catholic Church?

So no, your response did not help. Your response fell far short of even addressing the points of my question, much as the Catholic Church's heresies fall far short of following God's Word.

This statement from your book:

Quote:
Jesus is our one and only Savior, the unique mediator between God and us. We worship God alone,
indicates that you also deny the Holy Trinity. God is Jesus, Jesus is God. He says so in His Word.
(#14)
Old
Senior Pastor
Ex-liberal; converted to True Christianity™
Always Biblically correct
True Christian™

1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Publisher's Choice True Heterosexual™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager Christian Love Ex-Mary Worshipper Long service medal, 2nd class Senior Pastor Heaven Bound Tagging for Jesus TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture Ex-liberal True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Outreach preacher True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Hatchet Child Rearing Award Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Anti-sodomy Hands Off Crown of Glory Probing for Jesus Alternative Facts Anti-Biden

Location: 13706 Levite's Sojourn Terr., Gibeah Hill, Freehold, Iowa
Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Isaac Peters will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM

You admit that Jesus is the only mediator between God and men (which, as pointed out above, the Bible states), but Catholics pray to Mary as the Mediatrix. Which is it?

How can you require celibacy of bishops when the Bible says:

1 Timothy 3:2: A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

How can you require celibacy of anyone, as well as meatless holy days, when the Bible says:

1 Timothy 4:1-3: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

(#15)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-11-2007, 11:40 PM

What's up with the celibacy gig? Why are all of your priests gay pedos?

Tir'd, and despairing, O celestial maid,
I'm caught, I cry'd, without thy heav'nly aid.
Help me, Diana, help a nymph forlorn,
Devoted to the woods, who long has worn
Thy livery, and long thy quiver born.
- Ovid
(#16)
Old
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-13-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
I can suggest, however, that you find a college that offers courses in Catholic history and have a conversation with the professor. (S)He should be able to help you with your questions.
At first I thought you meant that papist history professors were hermaphroditic abominations, because the idea of going to a female "professor" for anything concerning church or the Bible is laughable.

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

I was blessed enough to learn on this thanks to my fantastic male pastors who helped lead me out of sin. Soon I will have a True Christian™ husband who can take me even further down the narrow road to salvation.

Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
(#17)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Kevin, have you ever been to Italy? Rome?
A wonderful country filled with churches and Mary monuments. There's fresco of almost every saint...

Why don't you move there and leave the protestantism-based countries alone.

The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
Exodus 15:3

(#18)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

sanmichelearchangelo is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-13-2007, 02:18 PM

you don't sound like much of a Christian to me. Sorry, my brother, but maybe you should keep quiet and just read to yourself.
(#19)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-13-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmichelearchangelo View Post
you don't sound like much of a Christian to me. Sorry, my brother, but maybe you should keep quiet and just read to yourself.
Who doesn't?
Maybe you should take your own advice and stay away from our (and God's!) forum if you don't like what is being said here?
And do tell where any of us would be in conflict with the word of God. (Thus not being much of a Christian)
Because we aren't in conflict with any of it, we follow the KJV1611 Bible to the letter.

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
(#20)
Old
True Christian™ Princess
The Driving Force behind RA12
Have at it, anytime!

Long service medal, 1st class One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ribfest '08 True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Saved 10 Years Best Pie True Christian Lady Real American™ Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Born again virgin Persecuted Christian Love Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork True Republican Princess

SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Ask a Catholic! - 01-13-2007, 06:53 PM

"How many cats could a cat-lick lick if a cat-lick could lick cats?"

And, obviously, he does.

That is my question; you may fax me the answer, if you will!