X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cars Americans Should Own

I drive an F350. There's a problem with that? Have you ever tried to put a pack of Rottweilers into a Smart Car? It doesn't exactly work.
    Drama queen

Comment

You guys park on the lawn, down there?
      May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
        I know you ride the short bus, Sister, but women are not to drive anything more powerful than a bicycle.

Are you suggesting that a woman should be in control of a vehicle upwards of a ton, or even two, at lethal speeds?

LOL!!

I thought I had heard it all.

But Bless you in Christ anyway!
        Brother Rubicon

Have you ever seen the look on a athiest hoon's face when been left for dead at the traffic lights by a Christian girl. That is something to laugh at.
        Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
        Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
        Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
        Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
        Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
        Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

Comment

Women driving is like women performing brain surgery or women handling guns.

It's just a bad idea.

There are manly activities and there are womanly activities. I certainly would not know how to knit a doily or remove tough stains from a pair of pants. And you know what, I don't WANT to know!

So what good excuse do women have for engaging in manly activities like driving a car or having a job?

sigpic
          The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
          - Proverbs 15:3

CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL

CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
            I know you ride the short bus, Sister, but women are not to drive anything more powerful than a bicycle.
            I gotta agree with Mr Rubicon Lisa.

True Christian (tm) women do not drive cars.

As Mr Rubicon says .... you should get yourself a bike.

Here's the one Daddy bought me for my 40th birthday.

2 Chronicles 7:14
            14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land Australia.

Comment

When I read that tree-hugging, liberal Ralph Nader*’s book, “Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile.” I went out and bought one of these as a protest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1910783

An excellent vehicle with the protection of a 429 CI engine in front of you and a steering wheel column that would support small aircraft. Solid. That’s what it was. None of these “crumple-zones” that add weight, cost money, destroy the lines and makes going round corners at speed even worse!

Economy? If you nursed it, you could get well over 15 mpg and that’s good mileage.

*evil twin of Al Gore
              sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
              Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                When I read that tree-hugging, liberal Ralph Nader*’s book, “Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile.” I went out and bought one of these as a protest.

[ATTACH]12864[/ATTACH]

An excellent vehicle with the protection of a 429 CI engine in front of you and a steering wheel column that would support small aircraft. Solid. That’s what it was. None of these “crumple-zones” that add weight, cost money, destroy the lines and makes going round corners at speed even worse!

Economy? If you nursed it, you could get well over 15 mpg and that’s good mileage.

*evil twin of Al Gore
                Nice Mustang. Ive been restoring a 70 Mach1 for a few years now. Much better than any rice burner

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa H View Post
                  No. It is my car. It is a 1975 Torana. It has a V8 engine and a 5 speed manual gear box. They originally came out with a 4 speed gear box but mine has been modified.
                  I'm available if you are looking for a good True Christian(tm) husband. But you have to be able to drive a stick.

YIC
                  V
                  Judges 9:21 And Jotham ran away, and fled, and went to Beer, and dwelt there, for fear of Abimelech his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by SEagle View Post
                    Nice Mustang. Ive been restoring a 70 Mach1 for a few years now. Much better than any rice burner
                    Keep at it! The government should have provided "Grants for American Greatness" rather than "Cash for Clunkers!"
                    sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                    Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                      Keep at it! The government should have provided "Grants for American Greatness" rather than "Cash for Clunkers!"
                      Agreed. And thanks for the praise. At times it seems Ill never get finished with it.

Comment

I have a Ford F350 dulie for a work truck at the Hutchins plantation. For drives to town, I have a few cars in the garage, all German or American of course.
                        1980 Porsche whale tail - Great for running the Blue Ridge at 150
                        2008 Maybach - Perfect for wehn I have Chester drive me places, like my annual visit to Lem Motlow's place.
                        2007 Ford GT 40 - Has AC!
                        1965 Ford GT 40 - No AC
                        1968 Camaro - Shell only on a NASCAR tube frame, powered with a Keith Black twin turbo 500ci engine. Just a tad over 1,000 Hp. It is what I used to teach my sons to drive in.
                        2009 Kenworth W900 Sleeper - What I use to get away in and do long distance hauling.

The boys get new cars and trucks so often I stopped trying to track them. Like girls they are courting, every week a new one to jump on.

Mrs. Hutchins has a shopping cart, selects a different one everytime she shops at WinnDixie.

I gave my twin neices Mandi and Sandi each a Mrecedes 560AMG. They are such good girls.

My second oldest daughter (Jessica) drives a lifted Bronco, such a country girl. My littlest girl (Mary) still has to ride a motorcycle everywhere until she becomes 15.
                        Attached Files
                        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                        Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post

My second oldest daughter (Jessica) drives a lifted Bronco, such a country girl.
                          Thats a Blazer , Brother James.

Comment

Originally posted by SEagle View Post
                            Thats a Blazer , Brother James.
                            Sorry about the confusion, she rolled the Blazer last winter on 129 going into Knoxville. She has a Bronco now. Pearl Black. Her boyfriend gave her a gold cross for a shifter, thet two of them are always polishing it.
                            I have to look for a picture of her new truck.
                            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
                              Sorry about the confusion, she rolled the Blazer last winter on 129 going into Knoxville. She has a Bronco now. Pearl Black. Her boyfriend gave her a gold cross for a shifter, thet two of them are always polishing it.
                              I have to look for a picture of her new truck.
                              I hope she was unharmed in the accident.
                              Shame she wrecked it, the full convertible years are my favorites.

Comment

Well, you kn ow how kids are. If you are familar with 129, even though the drop-offs are steep, speeds are low (I doubt she was even going 50) there are plenty of trees to arrest the fall. As far as I know, she was fine. I do not coddle my kids. Not good for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X