X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three years now, and I finally wound up here.

It's been three long, boring years since I was last here.

And when I was, I was a moronic, ignorant pleb with no interest in being saved at all. I'll be the first to admit my absurd former mindset.

Now, having dealt with what I considered at the time "important responsibilities" - which, in reality, consisted mainly of actually getting up and doing things that 99% of the population did daily and completing school and not being a total idiot, I think I have the time to finally get on track here.

My last visit to your website consisted of me posting some mundane rebuttal to a thread one of your respected members posted. In hindsight, I simply wasn't thinking straight. I wasn't paying any attention to scripture, or anything for that matter...

Probably because I didn't know it at all. Wow.

A lot has changed since then, however. I suddenly recalled a conversation I had with one of your members, who, after some communication, encouraged me to get my life together and allow myself to be saved.

Well, now I have. I'm struggling intensely with coming to terms with this, partially because the family I'm living with, although I love them with all my heart and have tried my best to help them, are unreformed Liberals with absolutely no respect for Christian value. It's almost like the scenarios you hear about the gays being in their closet and being afraid to "come out"; I have a feeling, though, that what I'm going through has been something far more abhorrent.

However, I'm doing my best to get myself up to speed even still, with as much free time as I can spare. I've managed to obtain a few copies of KJV that I've stealthily hidden around my living space, and I have the "apps" on my phone to keep me up to speed or to flip through in a time of need while I'm out and about. I've welcomed Jesus into my life, and I'm so much better off now as a result.

With all that having been said (and with it being long-winded, my apologies), how are you all doing?

Re: Three years now, and I finally wound up here.

Also wow, I can't edit that post but I meant to type moronic instead of "mormonic" in that second sentence. Total fool made of myself.

Comment

Anyway, a few of my favorite Bible verses:

John 1:3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isaiah 54:17. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

2 Timothy 1:7. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I'm currently not attending any church, sadly. I live in a very small town and, were I seen by someone who knows my family well, it would spell the end of my living conditions as I know them. It's tragic. I'm working on fixing this situation, however.

Comment

Hello Ms. Padam,

I'm very happy to hear that the Lord is doing wonderful things in your life!

"Ms." is an angry feminist thing, though. Would it be OK if we addressed you as "Miss or Mrs. Padam" instead?
        WARNING:
        In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
        REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

Comment

A cautious welcome, Ms Padam.

I'm a little concerned with this:
          It's almost like the scenarios you hear about the gays being in their closet and being afraid to "come out"; I have a feeling, though, that what I'm going through has been something far more abhorrent.
          Who are the homers? You or you family? And there is nothing more abhorrent that a homer. God tells us that homers are an abomination. Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Faith_Machine View Post
            Hello Ms. Padam,

I'm very happy to hear that the Lord is doing wonderful things in your life!

"Ms." is an angry feminist thing, though. Would it be OK if we addressed you as "Miss or Mrs. Padam" instead?
            Thank you!

Now that I think about it, you have a good point. Feel free to address me however you choose, especially if it avoids anything that would imply I'm a disgruntled feminist!

Originally posted by Jim Farmer View Post
            A cautious welcome, Ms Padam.

I'm a little concerned with this: Who are the homers? You or you family? And there is nothing more abhorrent that a homer. God tells us that homers are an abomination. Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.
            Your concern is completely understandable - thank you for the welcome.

I was more referring to the situation I'm in being sort of comparable to a homer being afraid to come clean about himself to the people around them - although, instead of myself being one, I'm concerned that if I were to come clean about being saved by Jesus, my family would boot me out of my house. I've taken necessary precautions to avoid having that happen, though!

Comment

Originally posted by mspadam View Post
              I'm concerned that if I were to come clean about being saved by Jesus, my family would boot me out of my house. I've taken necessary precautions to avoid having that happen, though!
              Why are you concerned? Don't you hate your family?

Lk 14:26-27 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
              [. . .]
              Lk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
              sigpicMt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies

Comment

Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
                Why are you concerned? Don't you hate your family?

Lk 14:26-27 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
                [. . .]
                Lk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
                You know, I already had enough valid reasons to hate them and now I can feel even better about it and be open and honest. Faith in Christ will guide me from this pit of blasphemy to even further salvation on this journey.

Comment

Originally posted by mspadam View Post
                  You know, I already had enough valid reasons to hate them and now I can feel even better about it and be open and honest. Faith in Christ will guide me from this pit of blasphemy to even further salvation on this journey.
                  Oh you sound eager to Please the Lord Jesus Christ! That's a good sign! He really does hate lukewarm believers, you know (Revelation 3:16).

Welcome!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Welcome back to God's favorite forum. I have kept you in my Prayers lo these many years, and it seems that Jesus has heard them and delivered you back to potential Salvation(r).

If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Thank you both for your heartfelt welcomes! I feel truly blessed to have been guided here by Jesus at long last.

I am rapidly catching myself up on the history of Landover Baptist Church and I hope to be able to contribute to your studies with honest guidance from the LORD.

Pastor Ezekiel, I'd like to extend my thanks for keeping me in your prayers for so long. Thanks to the blessings of Christ, this (very, very) small step in His Divine Plan has finally come to fruition!

I look forward to participating in your welcoming community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                        Oh you sound eager to Please the Lord Jesus Christ! That's a good sign! He really does hate lukewarm believers, you know (Revelation 3:16).

Welcome!

Apologies for the double-post as well, but I forgot to reply to you in particular!

I'm, to be truthful, more than eager. Nothing warms my heart more than knowing that I can share the good word of Christ. After all, a lukewarm believer is a False Christian™, right?

Comment

Working...
                        X