X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1001 Errors in the Christian Bible

I just browsed the site "1001 Errors in the Christian Bible" and the only error I found was in the title of the site where it says there are errors in the Bible. It's funny to see how the authors try to construe contradictions:

Mark 16: (KJV)

1 “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.”

Compare to Matthew 28: (KJV)

1 “In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.”
    They probably had a long way to go. They left the house in the end of the sabbath, then they had to do a foot march, and when they reached the grave the sabbath was past. It could also be that they visited the grave twice.

When I have dinner guests, I might ask them several things. I might ask "Do you need more sauce?", then, ten minutes later "Can I pour you some more wine?". Happily, I never invite atheist retards for dinner, they couldn't handle this situation because they think it's impossible to get more sauce AND more wine.
    Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division - Luke 12:51

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-soccer player View Post
      I just browsed the site "1001 Errors in the Christian Bible" and the only error I found was in the title of the site where it says there are errors in the Bible. It's funny to see how the authors try to construe contradictions:

They probably had a long way to go. They left the house in the end of the sabbath, then they had to do a foot march, and when they reached the grave the sabbath was past. It could also be that they visited the grave twice.

When I have dinner guests, I might ask them several things. I might ask "Do you need more sauce?", then, ten minutes later "Can I pour you some more wine?". Happily, I never invite atheist retards for dinner, they couldn't handle this situation because they think it's impossible to get more sauce AND more wine.
      Is that on the list? It isn't even a contradiction. I wasn't sure about going to that site but might just have a quick look..

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
        Is that on the list? It isn't even a contradiction. I wasn't sure about going to that site but might just have a quick look..
        1001 Errors in the Christian Bible. Joseph Wallack. Exposing Christian bible errors, problems, difficulties and bible contradictions

It's #267. Their comment:

“Mark” indicates that the Sabbath was over and it was already a new day. The Greek of “Matthew” indicates it was late in the Sabbath and the son had not yet risen. Christian commentators fumble with the difference here and the corresponding proper mistranslations. All you have to do though to get a logical explanation for the difference is drop your illogical assumption that “Matthew” is presenting history. Matthew copied from Mark but felt he could make an improvement in the story by showing the son was rising while the son was rising.

Atheists just have a very superficial and judgemental view on the Bible, they are guided by satan who makes them see contradictions where there are none.
        Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division - Luke 12:51

Comment

Right there on the first page: "..most excellent Porphyry" what a joke!
          So I looked up Luke 1:3 to see which heretical version they were using HERE and HERE.
          Next I searched the eniire King James Bible for Porphyries. Nothing. The search result may be confirmed HERE.

I don't think I'll be reading very much of this stuff. Try this for an "error"

Christians have added chapter designations to the Bible which were not used by the original authors.
          So what? Many editions of The Bible are available without verse divisions, although chapters are usually indicated so that it's easy to look up a reference which is exactly and obviously why they were provided in the first place. This is so lame I can't even be bothered to think up a parallel example based on my sewing machine..

John 1: (KJV)
          1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

As we have seen
          [no we haven't, the Greek text was not provided and it does not have the words in that order anyway -ML], a better translation for the ending is “the Word was a god.” The question is how is the author using “God/god” here, as a title or as an adjective? If as a title, then “God” could be capitalized. If as an adjective (divine) then “god” should not be capitalized. There is a Greek word for “divine” (adjective) which the author does not use here but the author never uses this word in the entire Gospel. Later in this Gospel there are several instances, such as John 10:33, where the context indicates that the author is likely using “god” as an adjective rather than a title, so it would appear that the adjective “divine” was not in the author’s vocabulary and that “God/god” should be translated as either title or adjective based on context. Based on the context here, the word could be a title (God) or adjective (divine) but every Christian translation I’ve seen uses the title “God” with no discussion.
          So the argument here seems to be that the word the author would have used and in fact intended to use was not used because of a limited vocabulary. The correct word is therefore any word you like, just say that's what John intended but didn't write due to not knowing the word. This is good stuff right here. It can't get any better than this for entertainment value so I'll stop reading now.

Unfortunately the maniacs responsible for braying these "errors" are hellbound fools who, upon their arrival, will discover just how far manias can go in the fullness of time when they meet their true master. Satan. It doesn't get mania than that.

Comment

Those atheists can't understand that if GOD wanted only one POV there would be a single and complete account.

But GOD knows man is an imperfect sinning waste of space with a very limited ability to understand.

So there are "redundant" but "incoherent" parts that are just what GOD meant.

1) the ETERNAL TRUTH
            2) in a form that will be fitter for some or others (without resorting to satanic interpretations)
            3) all of them PERFECT and GOD GIVEN in their way

It is always the "wine" of GOD's UNDILUTED TRUTH

Esther 1:7

And they gave them drink in vessels of gold, (the vessels being diverse one from another,) and royal wine in abundance, according to the state of the king.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Comment

Originally posted by see_the_light View Post
              Esther 1:7

And they gave them drink in vessels of gold, (the vessels being diverse one from another,) and royal wine in abundance, according to the state of the king.!

Esther is a great book. It peresents a fantastic example for how to respond when barbarian plutocrats send their creatures prowling around proffering extended pampering sessions involving thorough applications of fragrant oil CHAPTER 2

How thorough? Well it took 6 months just to get the myrrh evenly distributed so I think we can assume that these are very thorough treatments indeed. Followed with an additional 6 months of other fragrences and maids laid on it might sound rather too barbaric for a Christian woman but God makes sure we understand that this is all a part of His plan, when offered by barbarians. Well, obviously they'd need to be fairly wealthy just to afford the myrrh and such inducements from Romish priests (in the unlikely event that they'd be suggested at all) should be immediately rejected. Similarly, although at a suitable level of barbarism, Karachi would be an inappropriate place to hang around waiting for offers of 12 months thorough pampering too. It would almost certainly be offered, but very unlikely to eventuate.

CHAPTER 3 enter the bad guy. Haman Agagite. Now I don't need to be told that anyone with a name like Agagite is to be avoided at all costs. We are educated in "unusual" surnames around here for a reason and Agagite throws up a big red flashing light every time. With sirens. Nevertheless, possibly due to his heathen libido and exceptionally well oiled new companion, the King promoted this Agagite to a nice appointment which, being the villian here, he immediately exploited for rape opportunities and Machiavellian murder plots.

The Koran has nothing like this, Mr Light.

Reading on from chapter 4 the whole sordid business unfolds and Haman Agagite is revealed in full preening despicableness at the height of his dastardly scheme. I will not give away the ending, but reiterate that God makes His intentions known to us, as appropriate, and encourages us to step forward in Him according to His purpose. Esther knew that and we know that too.

And that is how we know that God's word is reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                The Koran has nothing like this, Mr Light.

... but reiterate that God makes His intentions known to us, as appropriate, and encourages us to step forward in Him according to His purpose. Esther knew that and we know that too.

And that is how we know that God's word is reliable.
                Amen!

PRAISE THE LORD!

Comment

It is PROVED that the bible was written by man 400-600 years after the death of christ. IF you continue to argue with fact you are proving your own ignorance.
                  It is also PROVED that the bible contradicts itself over 100 times which is only natural as it is a compilation of stories written at least 400 years after it happened and was done by monks who had not really experienced life outside a monastery.
                  You cannot argue with FACT. You might aswell argue that the sky is actually a dark shade of brown at midday. You will only be proving you own misunderstanding of the cocept of fact and strengthening my argument.

Comment

Been onto "Yahoo Answers for the God Haters and the Mentally Distressed" have you?

The earliest Gospel is that of Mark and is about 70AD, a mere 35 years after Christ's Temporary and Salvific Death. It was written just before the Destruction of the Temple, which caused the local printer to delay the publication of the other Gospels.

There are no errors in The Bible, there is just misreading.
                    sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                    Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Well, if someone has read the wrong Bible, then yes, they will find errors, while if you read the only true Bible, KJV1611, you will find no contradictions what so ever.
                      1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
                      Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
                      Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

Comment

Originally posted by MrRight View Post
                        It is PROVED that the bible was written by man 400-600 years after the death of christ. IF you continue to argue with fact you are proving your own ignorance.
                        It is also PROVED that the bible contradicts itself over 100 times which is only natural as it is a compilation of stories written at least 400 years after it happened and was done by monks who had not really experienced life outside a monastery.
                        You cannot argue with FACT. You might aswell argue that the sky is actually a dark shade of brown at midday. You will only be proving you own misunderstanding of the cocept of fact and strengthening my argument.
                        No it isn't. Ever heard of the Dead Sea scrolls? The Essenes? Masada?

Here's another one.

Deuteronomy?

..as you have demonstrated by arguing with made up premises, straw men and baboon logic.
                        FACT is not subject to argument at ALL because it is FACT.
                        BROWN SECTION To argue that the sky is actually a dark shade of brown would be arguing about the colour of the sky, not an epistemological discourse.
                        BABOON COLOURED SECTION The baboon icon is clickable for additional information about logic (since you slready seem well informed about their behaviour).

Comment

In times of old there was a certain finesse from those that spoke against the LORD.

Nowadays we get this...

IF you continue to argue with fact you are proving your own ignorance.
                          Not sure if it is GOD punishing their children (clearly retards), or a cruel joke of satan to make us lower our guard.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Comment

Working...
                          X