X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's wrong with you people?

Originally posted by Maria-Rosa View Post
    This was extremely informative! From what I remember, Catalan is a mixture of two languages, but I am unsure of the second.
    It's a descendant of Latin just as Spanish, Italian, Romanian, French, etc. However, due to language contact it does have more similarities with Spanish and French. But never say to a Catalan that his/her language is a mixture of something else. You might end up with a few loose teeth.

Also, don't tell a Catalan that Valencian is a different language. From their point of view it's just a dialect of Catalan. But no self-respecting Valencian person would ever accept that - again, you would be in danger of loosening your front teeth.

FYI:

Last edited by Basilissa; 09-28-2017, 03:05 AM. Reason: Changed the chart to one easier to read
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
      It's a descendant of Latin just as Spanish, Italian, Romanian, French, etc. However, due to language contact it does have more similarities with Spanish and French. But never say to a Catalan that his/her language is a mixture of something else. You might end up with a few loose teeth.

Also, don't tell a Catalan that Valencian is a different language. From their point of view it's just a dialect of Catalan. But no self-respecting Valencian person would ever accept that - again, you would be in danger of loosening your front teeth.

FYI:

Thank you! I find this really interesting, so I will continue to learn more about this on my own time, as you probably have better things to do with your time! Thanks again and Have a nice evening!
      God Bless you and have a wonderful day!

Comment

I'm so glad I was taught that whatever's worth saying can be said in the language we're using now so why bother to learn some micro-vocabulary savage tongue. Nevertheless some old languages were available. For some reason I was excused Latin so am interested in which of all those variants do Romish heretics use for their doggerel?

Comment

Originally posted by Maria-Rosa View Post
          This was extremely informative! From what I remember, Catalan is a mixture of two languages, but I am unsure of the second. And I learned Spanish in an American school, so it's most likely not going to be 100% one country, but our teacher taught us mostly how they speak Spanish in Latin-America, Mexico, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean. And I am well aware of Oral Tradition, so obviously an entire ocean in between 2 groups of people will change certain ways of saying things. Thank you for this information, and have a nice evening!

I too am acquainted with oral traditions of sorts. I quite like you Maria, I think if we had tea some time we could find ourselves a common tongue!

Comment

Originally posted by GaleWhoring View Post
            I too am acquainted with oral traditions of sorts. I quite like you Maria, I think if we had tea some time we could find ourselves a common tongue!
            Gale, please stop hitting on Maria. This is a site for praising God, not hooking up and sinning.
            And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
            Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

If I think I know what you are insinuating, I'd have to turn you down. But, I would love to have tea!

Comment

That would be divine! What tea is your favourite? I'm a chamomile gal.

Comment

That would be divine! What tea is your favourite? I'm a chamomile gal.
                  Oh, I love Chamomile too! Especially with Honey!

Comment

Mmm, sweet honey in my tea strained through a muslin bag to give it that special sweetness. 🍯 🐝

Comment

Originally Posted by Maria-Rosa
                      Oh, I love Chamomile too! Especially with Honey!

Originally Posted by GaleWhoring
                      Mmm, sweet honey in my tea strained through a muslin bag to give it that special sweetness.
                      click absinthe fountain
                      for discreet warning..
                      If you're going to tea with her be cautious around muslin bags, which could contain anything, and avoid the homemade absinthe. I imagine there's some around somewhere and remember that as a heretic she is more than happy to worship idols. And idolatry never has any decent associations when described in The Bible.

Obviously, Christians neither make, worship nor bow in the general direction of any idol. "Backsliders" do not have any foothold to slide back from because they were never saved in the first place so they probably worship idols in some form. Catholics therefore are not backslidden.
                      MICAH 5 . KJV . look up
                      12a
                      [God speaking] I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand;
                      13a Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee;
                      13b Thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.
                      14a I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee:
                      15a I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen.

God is clear that worshipping the human body, its somatic processes & perceptions, the behaviours it encourages under demonic influence and/or attending temple orgies INCLUDING those taking place in imaginary temples or by pretending that one has become a pixie engaging in secret pixie rites has no place in the Christian life. The Vatican is full of this stuff although there we may assume that secret goblin rites are the norm, cardinals not looking very much like pixies. Their idols are hardly imaginative having originated in Sumer or Babylon and been re-badged so many times that they've probably lost track. I haven't. Here you can see what is waiting to pounce if you visit her grove. For tea.

c.l.i.c.k .. f.o.r .. e.n.l.a.r.g.e.m.e.n.t

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                        If you're going to tea with her be cautious around muslin bags, which could contain anything, and avoid the homemade absinthe. I imagine there's some around somewhere and remember that as a heretic she is more than happy to worship idols. And idolatry never has any decent associations when described in The Bible.

Obviously, Christians neither make, worship nor bow in the general direction of any idol. "Backsliders" do not have any foothold to slide back from because they were never saved in the first place so they probably worship idols in some form. Catholics therefore are not backslidden.
                        MICAH 5 . KJV . look up
                        12a [God speaking] I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand;
                        13a Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee;
                        13b Thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.
                        14a I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee:
                        15a I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen.
                        God is clear that worshipping the human body, its somatic processes & perceptions, the behaviours it encourages under demonic influence and/or attending temple orgies INCLUDING those taking place in imaginary temples or by pretending that one has become a pixie engaging in secret pixie rites has no place in the Christian life. The Vatican is full of this stuff although there we may assume that secret goblin rites are the norm, cardinals not looking very much like pixies. Their idols are hardly imaginative having originated in Sumer or Babylon and been re-badged so many times that they've probably lost track. I haven't. Here you can see what is waiting to pounce if you visit her grove. For tea.

c.l.i.c.k .. f.o.r .. e.n.l.a.r.g.e.m.e.n.t
                        Then, we could visit a café. Also, I was unaware you could make absinthe at home. And I will be sure not to engage in any inappropriate or lewd acts.

Comment

The recipe depicted is not something recommended for actual consumption, even though it could be made at home. Very much the bathtub gin of absinthe but people who make it will drink the stuff. Then they go very peculiar.

Gale already seems a little peculiar, hence my concern. Although Abraham planted a grove dedicated to the Name of the LORD, the everlasting God, later on groves were made to celebrate all sorts of orgiastic cults. These places may have been superficially pleasant, decorated, wafting spices filling the air and so on but Jesus does not accept that sort of worship. It's not the spices or the pleasant décor, it's the idols.

An idol need not be an actual statue. Of course worshipping or venerating statues is idolatry but God is quite clear about idols in the heart and the sorts of appetites they engender too. This is spelled out for us throughout The Bible; just two examples is enough.

OLD TESTAMENT
                          EZEKIEL 14 . KJV . look up .. context
                          Then came certain of the elders of Israel unto me, and sat before me.
                          2 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
                          3 Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?

NEW TESTAMENT
                          COLOSSIANS 3 . KJV . context
                          Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

People do not have an inordinate affection statue set up to worship. It is something in the heart. Similarly for the other vices. Someone like Auguste Rodin could probably have produced a bronze representing concupiscence or fornication and his artists' colony sounds pretty much of a pagan grove to me but God is being very specific here. It's about idols in the heart. Sometimes when people suggest things we can see the idols in their heart as though their world is made of glass.

It's wonderful that a loving God has made us aware of these "invisible" idols so that we can see clearly, lest by cajolery we were shattered.

..Thank you Jesus

Thank you Lord

Comment

Working...
                          X