View Single Post
(#15)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Jacob the Angry Liar is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: 20 Reasons God Hates Injuns - 08-09-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Nietzsche View Post
Wounded Knee refers to the name of the creek where the incident took place. It actually involved a massacre of several hundred Indians with gattling guns and repeating rifles. It's quite a bit more serious than your average tennis match injury.

These articles are really interesting though. I'd guess that a lack of necessity probably means that they wouldn't need quantitative or temporal constructs, unlike people who do live according to calendars and clocks. Both of these ideas ultimately are constructs driven by necessity, and I doubt that necessity exists within an Amazonian hunter-gatherer society... though the Mayans who did understand time probably did have these linguistic constructs.
Perhaps you should rethink your definition of "lack of necessity".

Exodus 20:8-11 makes it overwhelmingly clear that dates must be measured.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Maybe it's not necessary to measure the date if you don't mind burning in hell for all eternity, but for the rest of us, well, I'm always mindful of my calendar!