View Single Post
(#44)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1- - 04-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Hi True Disciple

Quote:
Friend, how do you know the "seal of the Holy Spirit" Paul speaks of is the same as the "seal on the foreheads" of the 144.000?
I wasn't sure what scripture you mean. But I did find this one. ( please quote the scripture so I know which one you are considering,... thanks)

1 Corinthians 9:1-2 (King James Version)

1 Corinthians 9

1Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

2If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (King James Version)

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

ear·nest1    
[ur-nist] Show IPA
–adjective
serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.

This verse also says "until the redemption".
So Paul was waiting.All he had at this point in time was his earnestness. He still had to endure to the end. ( end of his life)