View Single Post
(#10)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus Ex-eurotrash Eats the Most Pork

Ex-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureEx-soccer player has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Pat Robertson: Atheist Women Enjoy Being Raped - 04-10-2014, 12:49 PM

I think Brother Robertson might really have a point here. I too have a coworker who seemed to be a tough nut to crack for Jesus. As a typical hate-filled atheist she was openly hostile at the mere mention of God whenever I tried to bring her to Jesus. I always felt there was something sad and desperate about her but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Something must have happened in the past to make her openly hostile to God, I thought. In the end I decided that all I could do for her is to pray for her to break out of her miserable, cynical and depressed atheist existence.

The very next day she approached me when I got to work in our open-plan office. The circles under her eyes were even darker than usual. I had my Bible open in front of me to have a little Bible reading session before the start of the workday.

I was just about to ask what I could do for her when she burst out in tears. She squeezed out that all the time she knew very well that God exists. She had decided to pretend to be an atheist because she was just very angry at God. It turned out that she had a difficult childhood with an abusive father. Later on she led a dissolute lifestyle and got herself raped several times.

I told her that Jesus came to save sinners like herself (Matthew 9:12-13) and that she needed to accept Jesus as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10). She immediately fell to her knees, crying out for Jesus and Salvation. She loudly confessed her sins, renounced atheism and asked Jesus to take over control of her life. "In Jesus name, amen" I added.

Some of her former fellow atheists came up to argue with her but she rebuked them sternly. Tonight she will attend my Bible study group.

So I think we should keep in mind that denial of God may in many cases be the result of abuse, neglect and childhood trauma. Let us pray for these poor atheists to find Jesus and to overcome bitterness and anger.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division - Luke 12:51