View Single Post
(#202)
Old
Unsaved SCUM
Under Investigation

dknyrepublic is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Should You Wait Until You're Married to Kiss??? - 03-05-2014, 11:20 PM

Mary- You are right about how God detest lust. Lust starts in the heart. If you're walking with the Lord your heart will be sensitive to the spirit. Kissing can be a slippery slope. We shouldn't put ourselves in situations that tempt us. But the question was "Should you wait until your married?". While the Bible doesn't say thou shalt/ shall not , you did bring up scripture that references how God views lust. Lust starts on the inside ( heart and mind)and comes to the surface by actions. Romans 1 talks about fornication which stems from lust. Instead of asking if kissing is wrong or right maybe we should ask if and how it will glorify God.

Again this is thinking out an issue and being able to back up our convictions. I should have been more specific about the part in a previous post about saying parents should do more then just say "because I said so." While living under your parents roof obey their rules. Why? Because God said to honor them. But parents should be teaching their kids( teens) to think things through -Like the possible consequences of kissing. If they can't through why they have hope when asked, how can we expect them to answer a not so theological question as "why haven't you kissed yet and your 30."

Even though Dr. L. Niles mentioned Matthew 6:25 in regards to thinking, isn't that passage talking about God providing and not worrying about our needs?

And yes I am a Christian. I have a trust relationship with Christ.