View Single Post
(#5648)
Old
Unsaved trash, vile obese demon

Cutter Demonized

Ilariapaleone is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ilariapaleone is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ilariapaleone is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ilariapaleone is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ilariapaleone is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Ilariapaleone is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Is Your Child a Godless Goth? - 05-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
There are examples of goths eating their friends already posted. You can assume that when I refer to documentation it HAS been made available. There is a search function available.

Conflicting statements about whether goth is a style of music (which none of them seem ever to agree on) or a particular way of dressing (as a form of self expression) or both or neither have been posted throughout the thread, probably on every page, by self declared repositories of "real" emogoth culture. Unfortunately these often lengthy statements contradict one another on many major and minor points.

Some gothic "it's not about religion" types claim to be Christians. Which rather defeats your premise. You probably say they are not real goths but they say you're not and a third species says neither of you are. That's not an opinion. It's a summary of posts, not from me, thus far.

Reading threads is helpful to avoid looking precious.
And if you would bother to look it up and actually do some research, or click on the links previously posted, you would know that Goth is in fact a genre of music, a Goth is a fan of Goth Rock not just "a person who dresses Goth", and which self proclaimed "Goths" who have replied to this thread actually no what they are talking about. I have made no conflicting statements, nor do I care what a bunch of ignorant peasants who don't bother to research the scene they claim to be a part of have to say about it. And yes, those who have bothered to do their research actually DO agree on it. You have been told by multiple people in this thread that Goth is a genre of music, and what that music is.

Emo has nothing to do with Punk, and nothing in common with it other than both real Emo and Goth have evolved from Punk. Please stop using the terms as if they are inseparable.

If an individual claims to be Christian, that is their prerogative. Music and religion are too separate things, and should not be discussed together, except when addressing someone who claims to be Christian and Goth. I do not. I have absolutely no problem with your believing that something does not follow the bible to the letter. And no it's not that those people are not necessarily real Goths if they claim to be Christian, it is that they probably are not true Christians or following the bible to the letter. And that is a religion argument, not a subculture/music argument.

My problem with you is the false statements made about Goth. Does not following the bible to the letter make something dangerous? Other than to your soul? No. Pagans do not care what YOU believe about the soul, so lay off it when your are replying to those who do not claim to follow your religion.

Are all Goths suicidal? No. Do Goths eat children? Not unless they are insane. Are all Goths insane? No. Are all Goths fat? No. Is ICP or Marilyn Manson Goth music? No. Do the members of either band listen to Goth Rock and are; therefore, individually Goth outside the band's time? I have no idea. I can't stand either band and do not care one whit about their personal interests. If any of them listen to Goth music does that make fans of their band's music Goths? No. Because listening to a non-Goth band that happens to have a member or two who likes Goth does not make you Goth.

Are Cannibal Corpse Goth? No. Therefore are ANY of these bands able to represent the Goth scene with their music or what they may do as promotional gimmicks? Of course not. Can what an individual who is not a Goth/not a fan of Goth Rock, like the kids at Columbine, represent the Goth scene with their actions? No, they cannot. Only an actual Goth can represent the Goth scene in any way, shape or form.

Are all Goths fat? No. As has been proven many times by pictures of Goths posted here. And is obvious if you look up any Goth club or festival or even band. Most Goth bands have skinny or toned members.

Do all Goths wear make-up? No. There is an entire thread on VampireGeeks.com about not wearing make-up. Nor have I worn any in the past 13 years. Do all Goths who wear make-up wear black lipstick or whiteface? No, they do not. A lot of Goths in the US scene consider this unattractive. I see it more in pictures in the European scene, but even then it is not every single Goth.

Do all Goths dress slutty? Well, this depends on what you consider to be slutty. If you consider wearing a short sleeve or sleeveless shirt or dress to be slutty, then whatever. Though it seems pretty ridiculous to expect long sleeves in 100 degree weather. As you have seen, or would see if you would but look at the pictures, many Goths wear long skirts and long sleeves tops.

Are all Goths on drugs? Certainly not. I have already told you that drugs are unacceptable in every scene I have been involved in, which includes Baltimore, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. The majority of Goths I have spoken to online cannot stand people who do drugs.

Are all Goths violent? No.

Are all Goths animal abusers? No.

Are most? No.

Are most Goths depressed? No. The only Goth I know who has ever been depressed was because her husband died. A perfectly legitimate reason.

Are ONLY Goth people depressed, animal abusers, violent, etc.,? No. There are more cases of people who are NOT Goth involved in these things.

Are all Goths homosexual? No. More Goths are married or in same sex relationships than homosexual ones from what I have seen.

Were any of the reported school shootings or murders of any kind perpetrated by Goths? I have yet to see a single report that says or implies anything of the kind, without ignorantly contradicting that statement by rattling off a list of "bad influence bands" that aren't Goth. All the examples you have on this site of "Goths doing bad things" either make no implication whatsoever that the perpetrator was Goth, or as I said lists bands that aren't Goth or lists no bands the perpetrator listened to.

As a case against "fake Christians" or "non Christians" your examples might have some merit. As a case against Goths in particular, they have none, since the individuals were not Goth and; therefore, cannot represent the Goth community.

“And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried, they shall be dung upon the ground.” Jeremiah 25:33