View Single Post
(#53)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Powerage is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Are the Christian members of Slayer good Christians? - 02-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Hello all.
I'm a Catholic Christian myself and I joined this forum just to post in this thread about how shocked I am to read this.
I am also a metal head.

Slayer may have references to Satan in their lyrics but I truly believe that not one of the members is satanic or preaches Satan.
Kerry King (if you did your research on the band (which from reading this whole thread, its pretty obvious you haven't) you would know who this is) is actually an atheist. Thus he does not believe in God nor Satan. How can one preach something that they believe doesn't exist?

I'm totally fine with that, hey if you don't believe in God, thats fine by me, you live your life how you want to and I shall lead it how I want to.

I cannot believe some of the content thats been posted on here (and not just in this thread.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
But here is one...

2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Since you listen to Slayer I don't expect you to have the intelligence to understand that preceding Bible passage. But it says this, in essence, "Do not associate or join together with unbelievers. For good and bad cannot come together, and it corrupts you." I think that says all you need to know.
How dare you insult someones intelligence just on the pure fact that they listen to metal music. Some of the worlds most intelligent people listen to metal and rock.
Unless an artist comes out and says "Yes, we hail Satan!" then you cannot judge them without actually knowing that person.

If metal has themes of evil then it doesn't necessarily make it evil. Are horror movie directors Satanic? No. Then why would an artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
Do they praise The Lord in their songs? No? Then they are satanic.

It's you who is clueless. Read the Bible and get some clues.
That is one of the most grossly misinformed statements I have ever read.
Just because an artist doesn't write music about Jesus or God doesn't make them Satanic. Music doesn't have to be about either of them two. Thats just like saying "well this TV show doesn't have episodes about Jesus so it MUST be satanic!"
They don't have to come out and say "Yo! Whats happening?! I'm Christian!" to prove they aren't Satanic.

Would you go up to a person in the street you did not know and start accusing them of worshiping Satan? No. Then why do it to a music artist?

You people are as if you just got out of a coma from the 12th century and still hold the same values.

Not only are you people ignorant and arrogant but you are also hypocritical.