View Single Post
(#44)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Bible and canabis - 05-07-2009, 05:15 AM

Katy, I want to first thank you for providing additional evidence for the dangers of driving under the influence of marijuana. And second, since you posted it with the belief that it proved the opposite, I want to thank you for providing additional evidence that pot smoking makes one stupid.

As you can see from the first part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koty.Thompson View Post
WHO Project on Health Implications of Cannabis Use. World Health Organization.

"While cannabis impairs performance in laboratory and simulated driving settings, it is difficult to relate the magnitude of these impairments to an increased risk of being involved in motor vehicle accidents. Students of the effects of cannabis {potheads} on on-road driving performance have found at most modest impairments (e.g. Sutton, 1983).
It clearly states that cannabis impairs performance. In this case, it impairs psychomotor ability. Any impairment to psychomotor abilities will have a detrimental effect on actions that require hand-eye coordination and quick reaction time – something like driving a vehicle.

And now for the second part on cannabis and driving:
Quote:
Cannabis intoxicated persons drive more slowly perhaps because they are more aware of their level of psychomotor impairment than alcohol intoxicated drinkers who generally drive at faster speeds (Smiley, 1986)."
The word “perhaps” is key here because it indicates that this is nothing but conjecture. It fails to provide any evidence or research to support the conclusion that cannabis intoxicated persons drive slowly because they are more aware. They could be driving slowly because of the detrimental effect of marijuana on their psychomotor abilities.

And finally, marijuana use and possession is illegal in this country. It states in Romans that you are subject to the laws of the land and if you resist those laws, you also resist God. It no longer matters if you can prove that marijuana is safe, the onus on you is to prove that God will overlook the transgression of federal law contrary to what The Bible states.

Romans 13:1-2 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.