View Single Post
(#24)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

I'mAbeliever is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists? - 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD=life View Post
That's dodging the question, friend. We're used to being persecuted by intolerant people, so insulting our considerable intelligence won't faze us.
I'm intolerant? I'm just asking how you can, from an objective point of view, prove that God exists.

Quote:
Again: how do YOU know God does NOT exist?
I have never said I have proof - or that I know - he doesn't exist. You, on the other hand, have. Therefore, your question is irrelevant.

Quote:
Where does everything come from then? I gigantic explosion? Suuuuuure.
I don't know. That's the beauty of it. I want to know, do research, find out.

Quote:
Which is, of course, very "silly" compared to believing in a billions year old universe.
It's already been proven the earth is a lot more than 6000 years old - I think there are only a few small cults that believes otherwise.

Quote:
Strange thing to say for "I'mAbeliever". What DO you believe in then? Nothing?
I believe that there is no such thing as supernatural, and that everything can be explained without the need of a supernatural being.

Quote:
How can you prove God does not exist? Please provide EVIDENCE!
I've never said I have evidence he doesn't exist, because there is no way - at all - to prove that something doesn't exist. I can say I have an invisible pink elephant in my back yard - can you prove otherwise? No, I have to prove that I do. That's why you're the ones who needs to supply us with proof, not the other way around.

Quote:
True Christians care very much about rational arguments based on evidence and logic, which in turn is squarely based and confirmed by the KJV 1611 Bible.
The Bible is not sufficient evidence - as it's only a book. Yes, it's only a book. Nothing more, nothing less - no matter what you believe in.

Quote:
The earth isn't exactly 6000 years old, no. It can be a bit older. This figure also changes all the time. For example, supposing the earth was exactly 6028 years old in 2009, then it's 6029 years old in 2010 and 6030 years in 2011 and so on.
I never said exactly 6000 years either. Still, do you actually believe the earth is only 6000 years old? Do you believe it's flat too?

Quote:
That sounds rather hateful. That's the difference between atheists and Christians: an atheists wants you to die and cease existing.
Die and cease existing - exactly! There is nothing more to it. You're born, you get children, you die. It's the circle of life, and only people who needs something more to live for is religious.

Quote:
When Christians are "hateful", it's because they WANT your eternal soul to live on FOREVER in Heaven.
Oh, right, you're not hateful at all. "Everyone who doesn't believe shall burn and suffer in Hell for all eternity". That's not hateful at all! And you say you're tolerant.

Quote:
Atheists hate everyone, even eachother. That's why they can't organize themselves properly. They don't have friends. At best, they have allies.
No they don't, they hate intolerant people. Most atheists approves of homosexuality, that's tolerant. Do you approve of that? If not, then you're intolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
We humble people have limited capabilities. If you really read the entire KJV1611 Holy Bible you will notice it is so perfect, so extremely consistent, so crystal clear, that no ordinary person could ever have written it. So the sheer quality of the book proves that it is created by someone with capabilities far beyond that of a human being.
There are unbelievably many inconsistencies in the bible, it's not perfect - not even close.

Quote:
I think your problem is that you did not actually read the entire Holy Bible.
An inconsistent fairy tale from 2000 years ago? No thank you.

Quote:
If you actually paid some attention during that education of yours instead of masturbating all the time you would have learned that you have to research the facts before you draw your conclusion. The facts here being the contents of the Holy Bible.
Haha, that's funny - I was masturbating during my education? I could have harassed your belief (an invisible man in the sky who wrote a book), but I won't. Mind you, my grades are high enough to get into med school - luckily our education is based on facts and science - not religion. Damn, I'm glad I live in Europe.

Quote:
Well what is it going to be? Ignorance or enlightenment?
I would rather know that I don't know than believing in a supernatural being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hutchins View Post
Everything is a consesus of opinon, even math. The color that you percieve as Blue, is an opinion. Everyone has agreed that the color they see as Blue is Blue.
1+1 = 2 is an opinion. Everyone has agreed what 1 means, what 2 means and that 1+1=2.
Everyone has agreed God exists. So with the same faith that the color Blue is Blue, that 1+1=2, we beleive God is amoung us. If you doubt God, then you doubt everything.
See son, you are a waffler. Afraid to make a commitment because you might be wrong. We are not wafflers. We know we are right. You are going to forever live in a world of doubt and uncertainty. I almost feel sorry for you.
I am glad to know you have given up. Accept Jesus Christ into your life, let Him fill you with His glory.

YIC
JH
Yes! You are completely right! I doubt everything! I want to learn more. You, on the other hand, don't. That's the definition of scientists: Doubt everything. I can handle the truth - there are nothing more than life and death. Do you know why so many turn to religion when things aren't going their way? To feel that someone cares about them, be a part of a community, or find meaning with life.

Luckily, my life is great and I don't need to be a part of a religious community, I don't need meaning with life, and I don't need to feel that some invisible 'father' in the sky is looking down at me - and that I will have eternal life.

I'm happy with living my life and die peacefully without having to kiss some guy's ass to get into a place where I can live forever.