This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Landover Baptist Church a CULT?

Originally posted by OnYourKnees View Post
    Some of these churches are welcoming bastards, and goths, and wiccans, and homersexuals, and people who have divorced and remarried, and people wearing mixed-fabric clothing, and any number of other abominations within their walls! They do not follow ALL of the Word of God!
    Ummmmm I really don't understand why churches shouldn't welcome sinners to them. Isn't our whole mission on this earth to get people into heaven and to understand that they don't have to go to hell because Jesus died on the cross for their sins? Just because a person doesn't follow the word of god means they can come into a church. The church is there to help people learn about god and the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by the love of christ View Post
      Ummmmm I really don't understand why churches shouldn't welcome sinners to them. Isn't our whole mission on this earth to get people into heaven and to understand that they don't have to go to hell because Jesus died on the cross for their sins? Just because a person doesn't follow the word of god means they can come into a church. The church is there to help people learn about god and the bible.
      What's this "our" stuff? God is clear that Christians are not to associate with nonbelievers AT ALL. Have you actually read Tha Bible?

START HERE if you like.

Comment

Nonsense. The Bible is meant to be read. It speaks for Itself. Knowing what is written in the Bible is how one learns about God. Church is for worshiping. The Lord is very particular about how He wants to be worshiped.
        Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Ridiculous. I suggest you read up on 2 Chronicles 23:16-21, especially verse 19. Becoming a Christian nation means putting guards at the churches to prevent heathens and unclean people from getting in. Of course, if you were Christian you would've known this as you would've read the Bible. Instead you choose to lie about God. God explained to you what to believe, you don't have to make things up, just do as He told you.

2 Chronicles 23:16-21
          16 And Jehoiada made a covenant between him, and between all the people, and between the king, that they should be the LORD'S people. 17 Then all the people went to the house of Baal, and brake it down, and brake his altars and his images in pieces, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars. 18 Also Jehoiada appointed the offices of the house of the LORD by the hand of the priests the Levites, whom David had distributed in the house of the LORD, to offer the burnt offerings of the LORD, as it is written in the law of Moses, with rejoicing and with singing, as it was ordained by David. 19 And he set the porters at the gates of the house of the LORD, that none which was unclean in any thing should enter in. 20 And he took the captains of hundreds, and the nobles, and the governors of the people, and all the people of the land, and brought down the king from the house of the LORD: and they came through the high gate into the king's house, and set the king upon the throne of the kingdom. 21 And all the people of the land rejoiced: and the city was quiet, after that they had slain Athaliah with the sword.
          Leviticus 26:15-16
          And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
            Should I remove my linen (100%) or cotton (also 100% as commanded by God) clothes before putting on the raincoat?
            No. You can wear 100% anything over 100% anything. The point is that you can't wear anything less than 100%

Comment

Originally posted by demosfen View Post
              No. You can wear 100% anything over 100% anything. The point is that you can't wear anything less than 100%
              Dear Demosfen, you seem to have failed to understand what Miss Mitza had in mind. You should read her post again, because it is, in fact, very insightful.
              John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolores de Barriga View Post
                Dear Demosfen, you seem to have failed to understand what Miss Mitza had in mind. You should read her post again, because it is, in fact, very insightful.
                I agree. If I wore a latex zentai suit underneath any wool item, especically one "adorned" with linen hobbles or crochet alpaca pompoms (such as are available for the dubstep abomination or at Osaka noise debauches) I would be deserving of immediate death by chopping and subsequent torture forever.

Karl Lagerfeld probably considers this unimportant but Christians know what really IS important because we read The Bible.

Why do heathens hate God? Satan is the answer and he does NOT have our best interests in mind. Very much the reverse.

Comment

We are not a cult but the godliest church!
                  1 Corinthians 11:3
                  But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinybrain View Post
                    We are not a cult but the godliest church!
                    "We"? Who is this "we" you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                      "We"? Who is this "we" you speak of?
                      Poor thing is just delusional. Whatever white-colored substance she's sniffing in her profile picture, it's not just a flower!
                      God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                      True Christians are Perfect!
                      True Christian™ Love.
                      Salvation™ made Easy!
                      You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                      Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                      Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                      Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                      Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                      The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                      Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                      God HATES Rational Thinking!
                      True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

No, cause I think a cult would kill the member of their congretation for stupid purposes; while Landover baptist on the other hand will sacrifice the blood of their righteous followers to fight for God's interests.
                        Job 38:11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed.

Comment

Can the members of this church think fod themselves? No, it seems not. Therfore Landover is a cult
                          Rom.1:26-27
                          For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonThinker96 View Post
                            Can the members of this church think fod themselves? No, it seems not. Therefore Landover is a cult
                            You must be the biggest idiot who has ever been born. We get idiots like you each and every day and we have to rebuke them each and every time. I assure you it takes a lot of thinking to figure out how the idiot of the week is abusing his brain and to figure out how to get that brain to love Jesus Christ. There is a reason all geniuses ever born have been Christians. There is a reason all Atheists have an IQ below 40.

If your microscopic brain can handle it you should read this: Why a former atheist professor now believes faith is for smart people.

(I cannot believe I wasted my 18.000th post on this retard. Jesus really wants me to suffer to earn my entry into Heaven.)
                            5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                            To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                            James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
                              Wonder all you want Mr Terrorist. We know all about you plot to blow up our church Mr Bin Ladin.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. It just seemed so fitting right there.

Comment

Originally posted by JustDave View Post

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. It just seemed so fitting right there.
                                I don't get it, but now I suspect you're a terrorist.
                                Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Comment

Working...
                                X