X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question About Pie

Hello ladies!

My father told me last night that a Godly young man has taken an interest in me and would like to try my pie. The only problem is that I only know how to make chocolate pecan pie, so I'm not sure if it would be appropriate.

Are there any other pies that I should try to make for the young man? My father told me that the young man refuses to eat any apple pie that isn't made by his mother or grandmother, so apple might not be the best idea at this point in time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deuteronomy 6.5

Re: A Question About Pie

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
    Hello ladies!

My father told me last night that a Godly young man has taken an interest in me and would like to try my pie. The only problem is that I only know how to make chocolate pecan pie, so I'm not sure if it would be appropriate.

Are there any other pies that I should try to make for the young man? My father told me that the young man refuses to eat any apple pie that isn't made by his mother or grandmother, so apple might not be the best idea at this point in time.

When you bake your chocolate pecan pie (pics please! it sounds delicious), I hope you make your own crust, because with that skill you can bake any pie. My favorite is the apple pie, and our Godly Men agree - they practically devour it. My secret is, well, butter. You can cheat your way out of calories (if you feel the need to do so, and your father approves) by putting less sugar, replacing sugar with a substitute, or using whole wheat flour, but you cannot mess with butter.
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

The best of luck with this, Esther! Let us know if he asks your father for your hand in marriage. How exciting!

Comment

Just to provide a man's perspective on this, if you have a cherry pie, I'd go with that. Men also like various kinds of cream pies.
        The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
          Just to provide a man's perspective on this, if you have a cherry pie, I'd go with that. Men also like various kinds of cream pies.
          Yeah, but the chocolate pie she mentioned, I'm not so sure of, especially with nuts in it.

But I'll try anything once.

Comment

Your standard pecan pie is what this man prefers, over all others.
            Apò toû hēlíou metástēthi

Comment

Hello ladies!

Hi Esther!

I think that it could be totally appropriate to bake him a chocolate pecan pie. That sounds amazing! I would avoid cherry pie, and try not to impose with apple pie. Maybe you could avoid pie all together and make some cookies? My fiance loved the cookies I baked when I first met him. If you like, I could send you a link !

I wish both of y'all the best, and tell us what you decide to do .
              Love forever,
              Joy

Comment

My husband loves my Cherry Pie, so I vote for Cherry Pie.
                Attached Files
                Baptist Bethany (Not a Cherry Picker)
                Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
                ***There are 613 commandments given in the Old Testament***

Comment

The answer is: Blueberry Pie.

Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Chocolate Pecan pie should be good for now. But what happens when you get married? You must be prepared to learn more pie recipes. After all, you don't want to be repetitive in your cooking. So also practice some apple pies, cherry pies, blueberry pies, etc to hone your wifely skills.
                    In Christ,
                    MT.
                    Thinking of Abortion?
                    That fetus will be in Hell, because they never had a chance to repent their sinful ways (Psalms 51:5) (1 Kings 8:46)
                    Think of the children. Stop being a slut.

Comment

If I could suggest something... A good pie my father likes is the Pegasus pie. And in October when that comes around we make this pumpkin cake with Heath bars, whipped cream, and of course pumpkin! But for now my mother and I make a grand peach pie.

Comment

A Pegasus pie? Is that a horse meat pie?

Comment

Originally posted by Mother Of Seven View Post
                          A Pegasus pie? Is that a horse meat pie?
                          No. I live in Kentucky so every year when the Derby swings around we make a Pegasus pie. See:

Comment

Wow, so many suggestions!

Thank you, everyone! I've made a list of the pies that everyone has suggested and I'm looking up recipes for them so I can bring them with me if I end up marrying the man.

So far, I have all of the ingredients for the pie crust, so I'm thinking of making a few crusts and freezing them for future use so I can spend more time on the filling. Would that be appropriate since I'm not using store-bought crust?
                            And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
                            Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Wow, so many suggestions!

Thank you, everyone! I've made a list of the pies that everyone has suggested and I'm looking up recipes for them so I can bring them with me if I end up marrying the man.

So far, I have all of the ingredients for the pie crust, so I'm thinking of making a few crusts and freezing them for future use so I can spend more time on the filling. Would that be appropriate since I'm not using store-bought crust?
                              My mom and I do that. We also have meat, peppers, soup, and sauce frozen for future use as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X