X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bible Was Written By Men for Men

I'm a politican, not a theologian, but the more I study the Bible, the more simply truths become obvious.

One is the role of women in our lives. It is limited.

It is clear the male authors of the Bible did not intend for women to read it. The readers were to be men.

Take the commandment, "thou shalt not covent they neighbor's..." It lists the ass, the man servant, the woman servant and then, tucked right in there with all those possessions is the neighbor's property called his "wife", or "wives".

There had to be good reason God would have the Bible written in this way. I hope women can appreciate their role as secondary to their men gives them the peace and satisfaction God intended for them.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Bible Was Written By Men for Men

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
    I'm a politican, not a theologian, but the more I study the Bible, the more simply truths become obvious.

It is clear the male authors of the Bible did not intend for women to read it. The readers were to be men.

Take the commandment, "thou shalt not covent they neighbor's..." It lists the ass, the man servant, the woman servant and then, tucked right in there with all those possessions is the neighbor's property called his "wife", or "wives".

There had to be good reason God would have the Bible written in this way. I hope women can appreciate their role as secondary to their men gives them the peace and satisfaction God intended for them.
    If it weren't for us broads, you'll would still be in The Garden butt nekked and happy without no farms and cotton so there wouldn't even be no need for us black folk.

Every time I gave birf, I was thinkin "Eve, you skank ho, I hate you for this!"

But now I done learnt my place so I sit in the back of the church and remain silent.
    http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611-Bible/

Comment

I hope women can appreciate their role as secondary to their men gives them the peace and satisfaction God intended for them.

Indeed Mayor! This whole "feminist" movement is nothing more than a bunch of disgruntled ladies who have forgotten that the only thing that brings them any lasting satisfaction and contentment is not behaving like men, but behaving like women, the way the LORD created:

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
      Genesis 2:18

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
      Genesis 3:16

It is the very principles upon which the New Testament Church was founded, was it not?

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
      For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
      Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
      Ephesians 5:22-24

The Shunammite Woman, due to her subservience, receives a son the only thing that truly makes a woman happy
      (2 Kings 4:8-17)
      Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

This wouldn't even be an issue if the liberal fools hadn't started persuading women that their feelings were actually thoughts.
        sigpic
        Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
        The truth about volcanos
        Sex and debauchery in public schools
        Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
        God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
        Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

I don't know how to get any less ambiguous about women's role in the Church than this:

I Corinthians 14:34-35
          Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
          And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Our wives are supposed to sit there with their mouths shut and look pretty. If the serious theological discussions are over their head, they are still not to open their mouths, but to remain silent until in the privacy of their homes, where we husbands will clear up any details which may be too complex for their feeble female brains.
          II Thessalonians 1:7-9
          And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
          In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
          Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power

The man who is being progressively sanctified will inescapably sanctify his home, school, politics, economics, science, and all things else by understanding and interpreting all things in terms of the Word of God and by bringing all things under the Dominion of Christ the King. -R.J. Rushdoony

Comment

Originally posted by Jedediah View Post
            I don't know how to get any less ambiguous about women's role in the Church than this:

I Corinthians 14:34-35
            Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
            And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Our wives are supposed to sit there with their mouths shut and look pretty. If the serious theological discussions are over their head, they are still not to open their mouths, but to remain silent until in the privacy of their homes, where we husbands will clear up any details which may be too complex for their feeble female brains.
            God blessed my wife with a stutter to remind her to keep her trap shut outside the home. It's been real helpful when folks get too nosy about er black eye.
            Leviticus 13:40 And the man whose hair is fallen off his head, he is bald; yet is he clean.

Comment

Originally posted by LaQrundrellia View Post
              Every time I gave birf, I was thinkin "Eve, you skank ho, I hate you for this!"

But now I done learnt my place so I sit in the back of the church and remain silent.
              LaQrundrellia, that you sit in the back and remain silent shows you are taking the first steps toward a fulfilling and interesting life as a Christian woman.
              Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

I agree with all of the above, but, shouldn't the title be something like: "God commanded male scribes to write the Bible for men?" Just a question, because the phrase "Bible was written by men for men" gives the false impression that the Holy Bible is some kind of a tool invented/created by men to subjugate women.
                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christians are Perfect!
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!
                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                  I agree with all of the above, but, shouldn't the title be something like: "God commanded male scribes to write the Bible for men?" Just a question, because the phrase "Bible was written by men for men" gives the false impression that the Holy Bible is some kind of a tool invented/created by men to subjugate women.
                  If you know the Bible and know Jesus, you already know God intended the Bible for men.

Comment

Oh Good, I thought for a moment there that you had gone atheist on us. I was about to pack my bags and call the realtor.

I don't know what's going on right now, but since we rely on our wives for raising our children in a Biblical manner, shouldn't they read it?

During Liz's recuperation, I made her write out specific scripture for hours at a time until it was burned into her head. I pray that it stuck.
                    PROOF: Atheists are too stupid to understand the Bible!

Proverbs 13:24(KJV): "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Comment

I don't see how the good Mayor's title could ever give that impression. True Christian™ men don't need to "subjugate" a woman who glorifies the LORD by supporting her God-given role in society.
                      Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

You're very right man, Bible is indeed a powerful book, is really sad that so many people use it to hurt to another people, specially women, they must be protected by men, instead of that the men who believes so deeply in the book spank women using very lame excuses for that, just read this:

(Corinthians 14:34 - 35) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
                        And
                        if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

(Job 25:4) How then can man be justified with God? or, how can he be clean [that is] born of a woman?

The last one is specially gross because says that a man born from a woman is unclean, so, the Bible in fact shows no respect for the women who are also mothers, what a shame

What about Jesus? Was he unclean too?

Comment

Originally posted by JustBeatMe View Post
                          You're very right man, Bible is indeed a powerful book, is really sad that so many people use it to hurt to another people, specially women, they must be protected by men, instead of that the men who believes so deeply in the book spank women using very lame excuses for that, just read this:

(Corinthians 14:34 - 35) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

(Job 25:4) How then can man be justified with God? or, how can he be clean [that is] born of a woman?

The last one is specially gross because says that a man born from a woman is unclean, so, the Bible in fact shows no respect for the women who are also mothers, what a shame

What about Jesus? Was he unclean too?
                          Mary was a virgin, so no sin was involved with his conception.

Really? You don't know that much of the Bible? And you're here telling us we're wrong?
                          PROOF: Atheists are too stupid to understand the Bible!

Proverbs 13:24(KJV): "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Comment

...What about Jesus? Was he unclean too?
                            Even He needed to be baptised.

Comment

The last one is specially gross...
                              I'm confused. Can you please explain how you've come to the conclusion that you know better than God Himself about what is right and wrong? Can you share with me the Bible passages that helped you come to this conclusion?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X