View Single Post
(#1647)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

one_young_man is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: PROOF God is REAL! - 01-30-2014, 03:29 AM

Hello all, I am new to this site site and I have noticed a few things and was hoping to ask a few questions. And please note that I ask the following in the most humbling and heartfelt way possible; it is for my own edification and I do not mean to offend or upset anybody in this or other forums.

There appears to be a lot of name calling and otherwise hateful speech being tossed around, which doesn't appear to be very Christian like. Is there a reason for such insidiously polemical responses? Mind you I've seen this from both sides of the aisle.

Also, I don't understand why we cannot embrace science and religion simultaneously. If tomorrow science proves (with empirical evidence, apart from the belief we all have) that there is a God, would that not be grand news? Or is this a paradoxical question? For how could such evil propound such truth? And, of course, if we do accept it then what other (previously refuted) scientific notions should we reconsider?

And is science evil strictly because of its Biblical absence? In other forums this argument was used to define the evilness of gravity, centripetal force and static electricity. However, is not the mention of the internet and computers absent from the same Bible? Should we not consider these items evil as well? How are we so sure that the Devil did not place these items here to distract us from practicing our faith and worshiping the one true God? And while the recipe for creating tempera paint is not clearly listed in the Bible, are Duccio's 'Madonna and Child' or Monaco's 'Adoration of the Magi' not as awe inspiring?

Please respond with the same kindness as I have attempted to display. God bless!