X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tipping your waiter for good service.

Was it you, Zeke?

Pastor Refuses to Pay Restaurant's Auto-Gratuity, Asks Server Why She Deserves a Bigger Tip Than God

Unhappy with having to pay a restaurant's auto-gratuity of 18% for parties of eight or more, a pissed-off pastor used his receipt to express his indignation.

"I give God 10% — why do you get 18?," the man wrote above the autograt line before crossing out the pre-printed tip and signing the receipt "Pastor."

The St. Louis-area server who posted a pic of the receipt on Reddit said the pastor was dining with a party of 20, and asked to have the $200+ bill broken up into smaller increments in a failed attempt to avoid paying the 18% tip.

"They had no problem with my service, and told me I was great," the server said. "They just didn't want to pay when the time came."

Redditors have been trying to track down the less-than-charitable Christian, but have so far been unable to identify the culprit.

At least one pastor was forced to issue a response denying responsibility, and the server herself has asked fellow Redditors to stop posting personal information of random people "who don't deserve a Reddit mob banging down their Internet door."

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Harold Porter View Post
      I don't tip at all anymore, especially in this economy. I figure they are all lucky enough to have jobs and should be thankful.

The last time I took Mrs. Porter out to dinner at the DQ, I tipped a healthy $1.50 on a ten dollar tab and got a snotty look from the waitress. And she was ugly.

I'm done tipping.
      Mr. Etheldreda carries these coins for this very reason. Ultimately, which is more valuable - the dollar that will be spent on frivolousness, or eternal salvation?

It's a great conversation starter, and you don't even need to take Mrs. Porter out to share the Good News!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

A few days ago I went to my favorite restaurant and I gave them a $60 tip (sixty chilean pesos are like 0,12 dollars or something). They cook incredible, they made a delicious White rice with french fries and chicken nuggets with a glass of juice or soda for only $1800 (3,60 dollars), and I though they deserved a Little tip for such a good service

Comment

I'm sure they appreciate your donation however I have no idea what 0,12 dollars is supposed to mean.
          May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
            I'm sure they appreciate your donation however I have no idea what 0,12 dollars is supposed to mean.
            0,12 dollars = 12 cents

Twelve of these coins

Two of the same one cent coins and two of these

Or the same two cents and one of these

Are we clear now?

Comment

Originally posted by ChileanGirl94 View Post
              0,12 dollars = 12 cents

Twelve of these coins

Two of the same one cent coins and two of these

Or the same two cents and one of these

Are we clear now?
              What kind of retard doesn't know the difference between a nickel and a quarter?

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                What kind of retard doesn't know the difference between a nickel and a quarter?

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                Really? I just look for coins and that's what appeared. Anyway, 0,12 dollars are 12 cents, that was my answer for Nobar King

Comment

Really? I just look for coins and that's what appeared. Anyway, 0,12 dollars are 12 cents, that was my answer for Nobar King
                  Then you should have typed that instead of trying to be a sarcastic ass.

YiC,

Zech
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                    Then you should have typed that instead of trying to be a sarcastic ass.

YiC,

Zech
                    Uhm... I did it, look my post again

Comment

A few days ago I went to my favorite restaurant and I gave them a $60 tip (sixty chilean pesos are like 0,12 dollars or something). They cook incredible, they made a delicious White rice with french fries and chicken nuggets with a glass of juice or soda for only $1800 (3,60 dollars), and I though they deserved a Little tip for such a good service
                      Here's a little tip for you missy, don't sit down with a lightbulb in your back pocket.

Now instead of wittering on about dog nuggets and rice start discussing some scripture!
                      Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Taylor View Post
                        Here's a little tip for you missy, don't sit down with a lightbulb in your back pocket.

Now instead of wittering on about dog nuggets and rice start discussing some scripture!
                        I don't understand what do you mean with the first sentence, but about the second one, no thanks, I prefer a more realistic and less violent book

Comment

I don't understand what do you mean with the first sentence, but about the second one, no thanks, I prefer a more realistic and less violent book
                          Did you notice that the coins you posted read, "In God We Trust"? There's a reason for that, you know.
                          May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

I don't understand what do you mean with the first sentence,

Hello, dear, I know that as a messican you do not understand English. Please relalize I am not being facitious, I am giving good advice. Why would you want to sit down with an ass full of glass?

Unless of course it's for Jesus. God tell us this:

Psalms 25:18

Looke vpon mine affliction, aud my paine, and forgiue all my sinnes
                            Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

Thanks for this shearing

Comment

Originally posted by sanaqueen View Post
                                Thanks for this shearing
                                1. Where is your introduction post?

2. The only sheep on this forum is a actually a pirate sheep, and I don't think that it would be easy to shear him.
                                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                                True Christians are Perfect!
                                True Christian™ Love.
                                Salvation™ made Easy!
                                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Working...
                                X