View Single Post
(#36)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

I'mAbeliever is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists? - 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD=life View Post
So we are BOTH telling people they won't go to Heaven. Not much difference, right?
You tell them they will go to hell and burn forever and ever, I tell them they will cease to exist. Not much difference? Lol.

Quote:
Tolerance by itself is neither a vice nor a virtue. Are you tolerant of pedophiles? What about rapists? Or murderers? You cannot be tolerant of everything because that would lead to a logical paradox.
Are you telling me atheism is like pedophiles, rapists or murderers?
Though, I have nothing against pedophiles - as long as they choose not to abuse a child. Once they do that, they deserve jail, but then it's their action and not their beliefs/opinions.

Quote:
Oh, and we are aware that people keep vandalizing our wikipedia page. But hey, feel free to point to wikipedia as the source of ultimate truth while dismissing the Bible, which the majority of Americans consider to be Truth.
1) Again - does the fact that the majority think it's right make it right? Do you think the earth is flat, like the majority did in the past?

Quote:
And speaking of facts... it is of course proven fact that the majority of Americans hold that the earth is approximately 6000 years old. Not exactly the "small cult" that you claim it to be.
Are you referring to your own link? If so:
1) The question asked wasn't how old the earth was, it was how old HUMANITY was.
2) How do you get 45 % to be "the majority"?

I quite liked that article. Let me quote it:

Quote:
How does the U.S. compare with other countries in terms of belief in evolution? Not so hot. A study of attitudes in 34 countries published in Science in 2006 shows that the United States ranks last in popular acceptance of evolution except for Turkey. Almost 40 percent of Americans in this study flatly rejected evolution, whereas the comparable numbers in European countries and Japan ranged from 7 to 15 percent. That may partly reflect U.S. high school kids' dismal math and science scores relative to other developed countries, which to my mind underscores a home truth: the more you know, the less you take on faith.
hehe

Quote:
Etcetera, etcetera.
Oh, please elaborate.