View Single Post
(#45)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians - 08-26-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahannah View Post
I happen to be Catholic. I have many friends who are Catholic, many who are Baptist, and many who subscribe to other Christian denominations. Who cares?! No matter how each religion views each of the other religions, it all boils down to this: we all claim to be Christian, we all believe in God, and we are all trying to do our best to get to Heaven.
Not neccesarily. Considering all mortals are sinful by nature, some more than others, often do "Christians" take the easier paths of self denial and justification. Instead of owning up to the responsabilities of their faith, they continue leading sinful lives attempting to find comfort in the song and dance of Christianity and bastardized beliefs they try and hold as talismans rather than true and personal faith. Talking the talk, but not walking the walk so to speak. Many folks would do well to weigh the value of their beliefs against the value of their acts.

Quote:
Perhaps if we all would spend more time focusing on what we have in common, rather than dwelling on the relatively small number of things that are different, then maybe there would be less conflict in the world.
Less conflict in the world would denote a tolerance for the sinful nature of a planet in the grips of secular society. Complacency leads to degeneration.

As far as focusing on commonality is concerned, it boils down to a matter of the importance of truth. If you are going to lead a soul to Christ, you cannot afford to be stumbling on path like a drunkard, hence why comparisons of faith are key to walking closer to said path.

Quote:
In my understanding, no Christian - no one who considers oneself to be Christian - would take joy in willfully attacking other people. It is my understanding that no Christian religion promotes ridicule, insults, discourtesy, or lies as being the pathway to Heaven.
While many of these things are distasteful, I would argue there are many examples of the faithful heaping insult on the heads of the lacking. Often are transgressors described as fools, or dogs, or worse.

As far is discourtecy is concerned, I'm fairly sure nowhere in the Bible does it command the faithful to be accomedating and placating in their tone and temperment. I would site this as an example of secular ideals being improperly inserted into Christian theology. The Bible does not need us making up our own precepts of right and wrong and slipping them in between the pages. To your credit though, as a citizen of best nation in the world, I concur that decent folk should refrain from insulting and discourteous discource.

As far as lying is concerned, no doubt about it, lying is evil and destructive and should be guarded against at all times.

Quote:
And indeed, good Christians, whatever denomination, would try to treat all people with great respect, since they are, after all, creations of God.
I would disagree that all people deserve respect as creations of God, but I can't argue with 1 Peter 2:17.

Quote:
And besides, I don't think any religion ever gained true converts through acts of disrespect. Rather, people are most likely to convert if they are shown love and kindness.
While I might concur with the honey than vinegar idea going on here, it is safe to say this place is not a fertile source of conversion, rather it is a provng ground for ideas. Agreement rarely breeds thought, and there is much worth pondering about the Lord.

Quote:
Everybody, please treat everyone else with the respect they deserve.
Simply because God commands us to respect others does not mean they are worthy of this respect. Mankind is a sinful and wicked group of people. Only through the redeeming sacrafice of Jesus Christ are we granted the unmeasurable generosity of a choice for eternity in Heaven.