View Single Post
(#9)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Mormon Cult Sued Over Fatties - 08-26-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dewitt View Post
They don't dig up bodies, they pull names out of a hat and give them to a false minister who reads them while they dunk another person under the water. The dead person by their reasoning then is pulled from some where and taken before Jesus, who then asks the dead person if he wants to be baptized and............crap its to weird. Once you are in Hell, its all over, the fat lady has just sang her song and Elvis has left the building!
The Mormons say that hell is closed and has been since Jesus crucifixtion. Instead they have three levels of heaven. The lowest is a re-education camp where you get to learn about Jesus and wait for someone to be necro-baptized in your name.

They cherry pick 1 Corinthians 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? to say that this is the right thing to do. Now if they bothered to read it in context they would see that Paul was mocking the practice

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
29Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
30And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
31I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
33Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

I'm almost embarrassed I know this stuff.

Drama queen