View Single Post
(#70)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

CloseMindedMuch? is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: SHOULD 'MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE' STAND TRIAL FOR MURDER ?!! - 10-02-2010, 10:53 PM

Wow, just wow. Never have I seen such a gathering of close-minded, ignorant people in my life. Another musician, one that I'm sure you'd also say is part of a cult, once said "Don't criticize what you don't understand." If you don't understand what the band has to say, then don't worry about it, and do not go around talking about crap you don't know. My Chemical Romance has said, FROM THE START OF THEIR CAREER that they want to save lives, as seen HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUhbsx5KdJ0

Not only have they said this, but they have also spoken out against objectifying women while on a tour in which another band was pushed by their label to ask women to show them their breasts for a backstage past.

ALSO, with the song Teenagers, the band has always said that the song is meant to say that violence is NEVER the answer to a problem, that includes SUICIDE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUX0Z0IkZ4

The band has inspired many people to overcome drug and alcohol addictions as well. Gerard was once addicted to both, but he overcame that and has inspired others to do the same.

FURTHERMORE, if you listen to the song "Famous Last Words" on The Black Parade, you will find that the last words spoken in the song are "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone..." The band has said that this is the most important line on the album, because it shows that even though life can be hard, you have to go on and look on the bright side, because THINGS GET BETTER.

Furthermore, on their upcoming, unreleased album, their is a line that says "This ain't a room full of suicides, we can live forever if you've got the time." Which is stating that suicide, self harm, and other acts of violence ARE NOT WHAT THE BAND IS ABOUT, they are about doing what they LOVE, which is playing music, and if you can't understand it, then you should criticize it, because it's none of your business.