View Single Post
(#17)
Old
Unsaved trash

Cherry-picker Fluffy bunny

epignosis is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Seven Easy Ways To Tell The True Bible From the False Ones - 04-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Example #5

As a false witness will contradict himself, so too will a false bible.
There must be many many religious doctrines that contradict the bible. Otherwise there would only be one Christian religion. When Jesus was on the earth there was only one way.
I will give an example:
Many people that believe in immortality of the soul, actually contradict what the bible says.

Ezekiel 18:4 (King James Version)
4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Genesis 2:7 (King James Version)
7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Man became a living soul, he was not given a soul ( as something extra). Adam and Eve were intended to live forever, thus they would not need a soul to live on after they died, death was never the intention for man. They were to live forever, as humans on this earth. But the possibility that if man sinned he would die. Death is the end of life.

Genesis 3:19 (King James Version)
19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (King James Version)
10Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 (King James Version)
5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward;
for the memory of them is forgotten.

Psalm 146:4 (King James Version)
4His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Ezekiel 18:4 (King James Version)
4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Isaiah 53:12 (King James Version)
12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Isaiah 26:14 (King James Version)
14They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

Ecclesiastes 3:18,20 (King James Version)
18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.19 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust
again
.20 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one
dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:
for all
is vanity.
Man is no different than the animals in this respect. Just as the animals die so does man.

Romans 2:7 (King James Version)
7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

This verse is telling us we need to seek eternal life. We do not have it now, any one of us can die and not live on, just the same as Adam and Eve.

This is a very basic teaching of the bible. But not for many 'Christian' religions. Does this mean because of the contradictions , these 'Christians' are false?