X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fabric Question

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
    Thank you, Tara! Just out of curiosity, will the soda ash need to be dissolved in water or made into a paste before it's added to the dye mixture?
    I always dissolve it in water before hand, you really can do this either way. I do not like messes so it is easier for me. Oh by the way get some gloves! You can turn your hands different colors!! Nothing worse than having red, pink, or purple hands.
    sigpic

Charter Member Pearland, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by TaraAnne View Post
      I always dissolve it in water before hand, you really can do this either way. I do not like messes so it is easier for me. Oh by the way get some gloves! You can turn your hands different colors!! Nothing worse than having red, pink, or purple hands.
      Tara,
      You are such a lovely person and such a help to us, too. I pray God will continue to draw nearer to you, imparting His blessings of love and peace. I hope we can be lifelong friends. I would have never thought of gloves.

Do you think it's best that we also dye shoes to match these garments, or is it too much trouble for such a short, um, period - if you'll pardon the pun ::
      1 Samuel 8:13 "And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cookes, and to be bakers."
      Naomi Ruth Lamb, Proprietress:
      Naomi's Moist Pie - Unsaved Unwelcome!
      Locations in 50 States and Canada
      !Voted Best Pie in Freehold!
      Once you've tasted Naomi's pie, you'll crave it again and again and again and again.
      Baptist pastors always receive a 50% discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb View Post
        Tara,
        You are such a lovely person and such a help to us, too. I pray God will continue to draw nearer to you, imparting His blessings of love and peace. I hope we can be lifelong friends. I would have never thought of gloves.

Do you think it's best that we also dye shoes to match these garments, or is it too much trouble for such a short, um, period - if you'll pardon the pun ::
        Sister Lamb,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so very happy to be back at Landover I missed this wonderful place so very much. I am getting closer to God everyday and I am waiting patiently to be washed in his blood and become a True Christian!

Now for shoes that can be tricky! You can dye them to match your outfit. However, for me it is to much trouble. Depending on what color you use a nude shoe color works best with everything. Especially with a spring tone.

I will check into a good shoe dye because it has been ages since I have done that.
        sigpic

Charter Member Pearland, Texas

Comment

Thank you, Tara!
          And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
          Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
            Hi Ladies!

I've noticed that some of my nightgowns have started to get old and ratty-looking, so I'm planning on making some new ones soon. I'm going to be making them long and modest, but I'm a little unsure about the type of fabric to use. I'm obviously not going to mix the fabric, but I want them to be warm and comfortable.

What kind of fabric do you think would be the best for me to use?
            Post #1, no mention of the female defect of 'leaking'

Originally posted by Mother Of Seven View Post
            How can there be vanity? When you're in the menstra shack no one sees you. Designs are merely experiments for making clothing in nicer fabrics for everyday wear, and dying is for something to do over the days spent in there. The female brain can only read the Bible so many times each month - it needs occasional relief at things less intellectual.
            You shouldnt be seen anyway, except by your spouse & children, you keep your curtains closed, dont you?
            Apò toû hēlíou metástēthi

Comment

We are unseen in our menstra shacks, except by Unsaved Trash perverts like you who wander in uninvited into our Prayer shack for Women. Begone pervert!

Comment

Originally posted by arthur frayn View Post
                Post #1, no mention of the female defect of 'leaking'

You shouldnt be seen anyway, except by your spouse & children, you keep your curtains closed, dont you?
                The, ahem, "leaking" was an afterthought. Mother of Seven is correct. No Godly woman would allow herself to be seen by an Unsaved heathen like yourself.
                And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
                Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by arthur frayn View Post
                  Arthur, we aren't Arabs. We put our women-folk away during their unclean time, but we do let them out again. Of course, as the Bible tells us, no True Christian™ should spend time with the unsaved--except, of course, when we are preaching to them. That goes for men and women. Now, may I suggest that you and I take a stroll out of this thread and let the ladies have their discussion?
                  The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Working...
                  X