View Single Post
(#3)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

True Christian Artist

Chewer has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chewer has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chewer has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chewer has had a couple of people click the rep button.Chewer has had a couple of people click the rep button.
Default Re: Fun homeschooling assignment: What Are The Odds I'll Go To Heaven? - 03-19-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond View Post
Start the lesson with a Bible reading of Revelation 14:3–5, and Revelation 14:1. Consider the fact that there's only enough space for 144,000 people in heaven.

Then bring up the fact that it's been estimated that "in all history 108 billion people have been born". Ask them what's missing from this statement.

If the kids struggle with this, ask them if they are babykillers or not. Then should bring them to the correct answer: we don't care how many people have been born, we care how many have been conceived.

That's why we call ourselves conceived-again Christians, not "born-again Christians" as they babykillers call themselves.

So, on the the math section: now we take the fact that 3/4 of all people conceived are miscarried (due to God's mysterious plan) and ask them to multiply 108 times 4.

Answer: 432

Now, long division: 432,000,000,000 divided by 144,000.

Answer: exactly 3 million. Such a clean number means this has to be a miracle.

So, there's your odds of escaping eternal torture: 1 in 3,000,000.

That means out of the entire population of Philadelphia, Pa. and Phoenix, Ariz. combined, you're likely to find ONE person who will escape hellfire.

Just a bit more math: Calculate how many people will burn in hell after the tribulation kills everybody: 432,000,000,000 - 144,000.

Answer: 431,999,856,000

Now for the art section: ask them to draw all 431,999,856,000 people burning in hell.

Once they've spent 2 hours you can tell them they're allowed to stop now.
Thanks for the information Jeb! I think I'll get my wife to do this with the sons tomorrow.