View Single Post
(#56)
Old
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away? - 01-27-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrhus View Post
Your math is correct but improperly applied. Your calculations have several false assumptions built into them.

1) That the troposphere is constant until the sun is reached(there is also the stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, and exosphere). All of the other atmospheric layers have a different gaseous composition along with a reduced amount of water vapor.
The earth's atmosphere is a closed system, because we have the firmament overhead (Gen 1:6-8). Boyle's law explains how gas expands to fill whatever container it is in.

Quote:
2) Your calculations also conclude that the earth gets colder as you travel towards it and that the temperature increases as you climb upward. This is most likely a result of you applying the mean temperature gradient of the troposphere (6K/km) backwards. This is easily verifiable, the tops of the Rocky Mountains are colder than their base.
It's cold on top of mountains because of the shape of the land, causing all of those updrafts. Have you ever been on top of a mountain? Did you notice how windy it is? That's why it's cold up there.

Now, have you ever seen how hot the space shuttle gets when it very high up? That's because it is very close to the sun.

Quote:
3) A combination of Charle's and Boyle's Laws may be applied to show that as temperature decreases so does pressure. As you climb upwards the air pressure constantly decreases (you can verify this yourself via a barometer and a couple hours worth of hiking)
Yeah, but if I just did it once it wouldn't be scientific, because I'm not controlling for changing weather patterns. A weather front could move in during my hike that could more than offset whatever difference there is in pressure between the base and the summit.

To be scientific, I would have to hike up thousands of mountains all over the world at various times of the year. So, I'd spend several years hauling a barometer all over creation. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Quote:
I cannot disprove your math, but in order for you to validate it you would have to prove that the troposphere extends for 570+ miles and that pressure and temperature do not decrease as you travel further away from the earth
I'll have to see if anyone on Craig's list has a weather balloon they are willing to donate to our church.

In the mean time, we can also use the inverse square law to show the distance to the Sun. I know someone who has a pyranometer I can borrow. It's raining here today, but we should be good to go later this week.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter