View Single Post
(#39)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.John Bois Ward has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Bible and canabis - 05-06-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koty.Thompson View Post
Actually I think that marijuana is not that bad. If God created it along with other plants, then why shouldn't we use it?
The poppy plant was also created by God. Do you support the smoking of opium? The mainlining of heroin? Are you a druggie?

Quote:
In this instance, I am talking about the medical benefits of THC within the plant. It is like using the morphine in the hospital--without it, many simple procedures (lumbar puncture, intubating, etc.) would painful during and after. I think that marijuana has many medical uses that can be taken advantage of including the reduction of nausea and vomiting in cancer patients and the stimulation of appetite in undernourished patients.
Can you provide evidence, other than anecdotal evidence, to support your statement that marijuana has medicinal benefits?

Quote:
I also think that it is okay to be used recreationally. It is no worse than alcohol which is okay to use. In fact, in many instances, alcohol is proven to be more dangerous than marijuana. One example is that it is safer to drive while under the influence of marijuana rather than alcohol. While intoxicated with marijuana, the driver is more aware of his or her surroundings, thus he or she tends to drive slower. Being under the influence of alcohol, on the other hand, makes the driver less aware of the surroundings, therefore making him or her drive faster.
Please provide evidence that it is safe to drive under the influence of marijuana. According to www.norml.org (which I’m sure you are a member),
Quote:
cannabis intoxication has been shown to mildly impair psychomotor skills
and
Quote:
impairment is typically manifested by subjects decreasing their driving speed and requiring greater time to respond to emergency situations.

Quote:
There are more reasons that marijuana is safer, but I don't want to bore you all with facts.--Koty
What facts? So far, all you have provided are personal justifications for breaking the law.

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.