View Single Post
(#22)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.Arethusa has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: POLL: The Worst False Religion? - 12-02-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Temperance View Post
Did you just have to restrain yourself from calling Pastor Al "Daddy?" I know it's a tempting idea, and easy to imagine, but you should only be calling Your Father in Heaven that, not Poppa - I mean Pastor Pistle!
Yes, that was it, "Daddy". For sure. What about my real Dad though, my birth father? What may I call him?

Quote:
As has been pointed out, you don't need to waste your money on frivolities like night clubs in the first place. Rather than chowing down on disco biscuits and then standing around till an obscene hour of the morning drinking overpriced gin and being pummelled by pounding pounding techno beatz, why not just gobble down a fistful of black bombers and then stay up to 5 in the morning studying the Book of Kings? Of course, ultimately we'd prefer that you give up the drug habit altogether, but if you could just redirect your chemically induced energies towards slightly more Godly ends, it'd be a good start.
Disco biscuits?? Is that something you old folks used to...partake in back in the 70's? I'm not pummelled by techno beats if I can help it, I avoid those nightspots like the plague. As for "chemicals" I'm more of a rum & coke, Bailey's cream, martini with the occasional shots kind of girl. Not on the same night of course! I alternate.

I must say Brother Temperance I had to google this "black bomber" to learn what it was and the results were...discouraging. How about I make some hot chocolate, pour in a little Appleton rum, add some whipcream and drink that instead? I may have to read the Book of Political Theory rather than Kings but I assure it is practically the same thing.

Tir'd, and despairing, O celestial maid,
I'm caught, I cry'd, without thy heav'nly aid.
Help me, Diana, help a nymph forlorn,
Devoted to the woods, who long has worn
Thy livery, and long thy quiver born.
- Ovid