View Single Post
(#49)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Pinecone has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians - 08-26-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1210 View Post
Wow you got me. I apologize and am now baptist.
Sarcasm is the protest of the weak.

Quote:
My brother is baptist and comes over every weekend with his bible and quotes verse after verse at me and when I point to verses to contadict his beliefs then his reply is always "you miss interpret"
I respect the fact that both you and your brother engage in intellectual and theological discussion on a weekly basis. I trust he does what he does out of care for you. I was unfortunate to be raised without a brother, so in some regards I envy the oppertunty you have. Do not take the ministries of your brother for granted and likewise do not allow him to get away with unnacceptable answers to the problems you find with his belief system. Do not let him be weak, if all he can say is "you missinterpret" call him out on it, make him explain how his interpretation differs from yours.

If you like, when you have the time, bring some of your points of contradiction here and I'm sure there is a biblical scholar who will not only be able to back up their assertions with scripture, but also prepare scripture to support the how they came to interpret the aforementioned scripture.

Those who disagree with your believe system have made a strong case against you with dozens of citations. To leave them unquited is to concede defeat.

Quote:
as far as your "if it walks like a duck" comment. If it's replies are uneducated, it's comments uneducated, (well you know)
As far as education is concerned, from a purely secular standpoint, I use capitilzation and punctuation. Your powers of run-on sentance are strong, but I suppose I'm just being petty. Maybe I'm just mad you weren't awed by my duck saying.

Quote:
and incidently I noticed your reply was nothig more than a mere, what was the phrase eyesore, and that you skirted over my John 6 vs 60-70 remark.
John 6:60-70? Well, let's see. If you really want folks to read your citations, I find it helps to include it in the body of your work. You can always copy/paste from biblegateway.com. Some good resources there I find.

Alright, read it over and...I fail to see your point. As far as I knew we were discussing how unreasonable and undoctrinally sound transubstantiation is. This seems to be a passge where Jesus is trying to instruct his disciples on the difficulties they will face as teachers of the Word. If you mean something earlier in John, perhaps you should edit your relevent citation.

Quote:
And if you know the bible so well why should I have to quote it for you to know what I mean after a brief description?
Just a little secret between you and I, I don't know the Bible as well as you might think. When I have a topic in mind, I have a topical concordence that I use to reference verses that may or may not be approriate. I hope you'll forgive me if I don't use it to carry on both sides of an argument at the same time. Do not expect me to be an enabler to your laziness.