X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please pray for a tsunami/earthquake/volcano to strike Reykjavik!

Just because I don't share your opinion on what Christianity is about doesn't mean that I have abandoned my faith. Over-religious people on the internet (you) have pretty much ruined my daughter's faith in God. She (and I) refuse to believe that God would like to wipe out a nation just because of few unintellectual people (you) pray for him to do so.
    My daughter (17 years old) has always been the religious one in the family, goes to church, refuses to have sex till marriage, doesn't drink or smoke, but people like you guys make her sad to call herself a Christian.
    You people are racist, she judges no one by their skin or origin, you wish death upon other people and races, she believes that God and Jesus love everyone equally and choose not to listen to the likes of you. : )
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12:9

Comment

Why do you think He would hesitate to wipe out one measly country when it is a FACT that He killed everyone on earth (except for a handful of people in one family) one time?

Do you doubt His resolve?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
        Why do you think He would hesitate to wipe out one measly country when it is a FACT that He killed everyone on earth (except for a handful of people in one family) one time?

Do you doubt His resolve?
        What makes you so sure that he won't wipe out America. I'm waiting of Yellowstone : )
        And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12:9

Comment

Originally posted by friend of good View Post
          she believes that God and Jesus love everyone equally and choose not to listen to the likes of you. : )
          Then she isn’t a very good reader. The Bible is very clear on this topic. Everybody is NOT equal in the eyes of God. Only a really stupid person would fail to understand that. Look at Leviticus 20:13 for example:

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

Ask your daughter to look it up.
          Stop whining
          (1 Thessalonians 5:18) - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
          (1 Corinthians 10:10) - Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer
          (Psalm 106:25) - But murmured in their tents, And hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD
          (Ephesians 4:29) - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers

Comment

What makes you so sure that he won't wipe out America. I'm waiting of Yellowstone : )
            Well, I think there is a very real likelihood of Him doing that if the kenyan is reelected. The flip side of that is, I will then get to meet Jesus in Heaven and sing His praises for ETERNITY!!!

(Revelation 21:27) "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

YiC,

Zech
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John North View Post
              Then she isn’t a very good reader. The Bible is very clear on this topic. Everybody is NOT equal in the eyes of God. Only a really stupid person would fail to understand that. Look at Leviticus 20:13 for example:

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

Ask your daughter to look it up.
              Yet again you answer with over-religious crap. My daughter has read the Bible, but she doesn't believe in the words written by humans, she chooses to believe that God is humble and forgiving.
              Insult my daughter anyway you like, call her stupid and an idiot but it won't change the way she sees God.
              You Americans are really good at burning other peoples hopes.
              That was not an compliment.

Comment

she believes that God and Jesus love everyone equally and choose not to listen to the likes of you. : )
                Does God love sinners as much as He loves those who obey? Let's see.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 tells us that the dead are unknowing. So, contrary to popular belief, Dead Grandma is not watching you from Heaven. She's dead.

Revelation chapters 20-22 tell us about Judgment.

God will resurrect all the dead people into immortal bodies (YAY!). Those who have disobeyed Him in any way--non-Christians, or anyone who has sinned in any way after becoming Christian (see Hebrews 10:26-27), or any atheist, Buddhist, Jew, Hindu, Odinist, whatever--will be cast by Him into His Lake of Fire alongside Satan, where they will all be burned alive for all time.

Now tell me, does that sound like 'love' to you?

If so, you have a very sick idea of what love is.
                Bible boring? Nonsense!
                Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
                  Well, I think there is a very real likelihood of Him doing that if the kenyan is reelected. The flip side of that is, I will then get to meet Jesus in Heaven and sing His praises for ETERNITY!!!

(Revelation 21:27) "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

YiC,

Zech
                  Obama is originally Hawaii... At least learn your facts before you insult someone. (racist)

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                    Does God love sinners as much as He loves those who obey? Let's see.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 tells us that the dead are unknowing. So, contrary to popular belief, Dead Grandma is not watching you from Heaven. She's dead.

Revelation chapters 20-22 tell us about Judgment.

God will resurrect all the dead people into immortal bodies (YAY!). Those who have disobeyed Him in any way--non-Christians, or anyone who has sinned in any way after becoming Christian (see Hebrews 10:26-27), or any atheist, Buddhist, Jew, Hindu, Odinist, whatever--will be cast by Him into His Lake of Fire alongside Satan, where they will all be burned alive for all time.

Now tell me, does that sound like 'love' to you?

If so, you have a very sick idea of what love is.
                    I repeat, hope burners.

Comment

Obama is originally Hawaii... At least learn your facts before you insult someone. (racist)
                      How is saying someone from Kenya racist? Sounds like YOU are the one focusing on skin color.

sigpic

Comment

Well, that's me for tonight girls, hope that you all sleep well while your ancestors cry.
                        G'night sweethearts

Oh, and Zechariah Smyth, you're the one that hopes that your country burns if he gets reelected : )

Comment

I repeat, hope burners.
                          "hope burners"? That doesn't even make sense.

Is it "love" for God to resurrect sinners from unknowing death, specifically so He can burn them alive for all time, AS THE BIBLE TELLS US, or is it not "love"?

It's a yes or no question.
                          Bible boring? Nonsense!
                          Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                          You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

I repeat, hope burners.
                            Why anyone would favor false hope during his lifetime, to eternal afterlife in Heaven, that’s an enigma to me. It makes no sense.
                            Stop whining
                            (1 Thessalonians 5:18) - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
                            (1 Corinthians 10:10) - Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer
                            (Psalm 106:25) - But murmured in their tents, And hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD
                            (Ephesians 4:29) - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers

Comment

Just because I don't share your opinion on what Christianity is about doesn't mean that I have abandoned my faith.
                              It's not your faith that counts, it's the Christian faith. You can keep your Odin and Thor and Loki. True, they all exist, but they aren't gods, they're demons.

Over-religious people on the internet (you) have pretty much ruined my daughter's faith in God. She (and I) refuse to believe that God would like to wipe out a nation just because of few unintellectual people (you) pray for him to do so.
                              That's what the people in Sodom and Gomorrah said, too, when they were warned by the righteous folk.

My daughter (17 years old) has always been the religious one in the family, goes to church, refuses to have sex till marriage, doesn't drink or smoke, but people like you guys make her sad to call herself a Christian.
                              Why is she still unmarried at 17 years old? Can't you find a nice Christian boy and arrange a suitable marriage for her?

You people are racist, she judges no one by their skin or origin, you wish death upon other people and races, she believes that God and Jesus love everyone equally and choose not to listen to the likes of you. : )
                              I'm sorry she's doomed to burn in Hell. She came so close to Salvation, too. Real shame. On the positive side, going to Hell can't be all that much worse than living in Finland.
                              The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

I signed up simply to point out something.

It is things like this, that make people not want to follow your faith.

I have many friends who are Christians, and while they may not approve of my choices or how I live my life, they appreciate me as a person and as one of your God's children.

One of the things they've taught me, is that many misunderstand how God works. And from what I've gathered, it's really quite simple.

God loves you. As my Mother loves me. I can appreciate that. However, He is still God. And while he made you in His image, and wants the best for you. He also has his own job to do, and the jobs of the angels or whatever you call them. He doesn't expect you to do the judging of your fellow people, that is His job. He is the one who set up the rules, not you. No one knows them better than Him, and saying so is a sin as I understand it. Your job as His children is to live a good, holy life. Even if those around you sin, you are to accept them as fellow children of God, whether they recognize that or not. Leave the judging to him. You can offer guidance, and your opinions, but you cannot force people to change. You can only love them and be there to show them the way lest they fall into doubt.

Even if these Eskimos are godless, loving the Earth as I believe many people should, you cannot make them change. You can just hope and pray that they see the metaphorical light... or literal, depending you your level of belief I suppose. However, you are wishing bodily harm and trauma on Reykjavik. Last time I checked, Wrath was a sin. If they are hit with such a tragedy, their blood will be on your hans. As well as everyone who prayed for it. Best of luck when you have to explain why you wish death upon an entire city.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.

An it harm none, do as ye will

Comment

Working...
                                X