X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Manly Jokes

Originally posted by AdamE135 View Post
    Please see 1 Corinthians 13:4 as an explanation of what love is.
    Tell me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdana Alkeav View Post
      Tell me about it.

I am sorry to see you have interpaterd the Bible as so. I pray God shows you what true love is.
      Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished

Fools make a mockery of sin: but among the righteous there is favor.

Comment

I am sorry to see you have interpaterd the Bible as so. I pray God shows you what true love is.
        I'm sorry, what is wrong with my interpretation of the Bible?

Comment

I'm sorry, what is wrong with my interpretation of the Bible?
          I believe it is not true. I pray that God will be able to show you how, I would try to explain but I would be using the scripture which I feel has been twisted in the video you agree with. It would therefore be fruitless for me to try explain I therfore pray God will intervene. I myself have struggled with how God has let the world suffer, it is to do with our sin. It is true we are not to boast, but i do not feel the Bible does this by mentioning power, it speaks the truth and speaks of how to be humble yet that does not mean to deny Gods power. God bless.
          Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished

Comment

I would try to explain but I would be using the scripture which I feel has been twisted in the video you agree with.
            Humour me. What scripture was twisted?

I myself have struggled with how God has let the world suffer, it is to do with our sin.
            The problem of evil, well aware of it. It wasn't mentioned in that video. Didn't talk about God "allowing" anything. It talked about God intentionally bringing things about.

It is true we are not to boast, but i do not feel the Bible does this by mentioning power, it speaks the truth and speaks of how to be humble yet that does not mean to deny Gods power.
            Again, I brought no complaint about denying the power of the invisible creature you claim exists. The video mentioned how he decides to "lord" this power of his over his creation.

Comment

Humour me. What scripture was twisted?

The problem of evil, well aware of it. It wasn't mentioned in that video. Didn't talk about God "allowing" anything. It talked about God intentionally bringing things about.

Again, I brought no complaint about denying the power of the invisible creature you claim exists. The video mentioned how he decides to "lord" this power of his over his creation.
              I feel it was all twisted. God brought these things about as a consequence of our choice to sin. The devil exists and encourages evil and suffering. I do not believe God tries to 'lord' his power over us, the examples used are twisted I believe. But I will pray for you.

Comment

I feel it was all twisted. God brought these things about as a consequence of our choice to sin.
                You haven't really explained how anything was twisted. They just quoted the Bible. Nobody said whether what happened was a result of consequences, they just asked how loving it was. I assume you agree then that the verses shown in the video demonstrate God is loving?

The devil exists and encourages evil and suffering.
                Why does the devil exist?

I do not believe God tries to 'lord' his power over us
                Really? He even refers to himself as the Lord and demands you do likewise.

Comment

You haven't really explained how anything was twisted. They just quoted the Bible. Nobody said whether what happened was a result of consequences, they just asked how loving it was. I assume you agree then that the verses shown in the video demonstrate God is loving?

Why does the devil exist?

Really? He even refers to himself as the Lord and demands you do likewise.
                  No I do not agree with the video, as Ive said i think its been twisted.

Please look to the Bible for information on why the devil exists. He has chosen the name Lord. BUT Before he did the name did not exist, and therefore he did not choose it for the way we can interperat it as someone 'lording something over us..'.. Im not sure I've explained that part clearly..but I hope you understand where Im coming from.

Comment

Please look to the Bible for information on why the devil exists.
                    I see NO reference in the Bible anywhere that says anything about why the devil exists. Can you help me out? Any particular verse I should look for?

but I hope you understand where Im coming from.
                    Not particularly, but I appreciate you trying to answer my questions and being polite about it. You are definitely more polite than the baptists here.

Comment

I see NO reference in the Bible anywhere that says anything about why the devil exists. Can you help me out? Any particular verse I should look for?

Not particularly, but I appreciate you trying to answer my questions and being polite about it. You are definitely more polite than the baptists here.
                      Maybe reading this would help you understand the existance of Satan.

To explain how I dont think calling himself Lord was boastful I will use an example.

Lets say I made up a new name e.g 'herontay' (literally just made that up there now)..and I decided to name my daughter 'herontay'. herontay is very beautiful and became known for her beauty. This caused people to describe beautiful things as being 'herontay'...and lets say 1000 years late people still use the name 'herontay' to describe something beautiful. People may then look back a 1000 years and think 'how could she be named 'herontay'..that is being boastful about her beauty..' BUT orginally the name was created for her..before anything else was associated with it. The Lord is Almightly..and so we can describe things as 'being Lorded over...' but God created the name Lord from scratch..so he was not being boastful when using the name. I hope that now makes more sense to you.

Also I do not think God demands we call him Lord...What matter is that we Love and try to follow him.

I myself find most of the 'bapists' on this site as not being truely Christian where true love is in place.

Comment

Friend, you are an admitted sinner as is your wife. You will not go to Heaven. You must repent and sin no more if there is going to be any chance of you going to Heaven. See friend, all True Christians(tm) are going. We do not sin. We have been washed in His Blood and we follow His word EXACTLY as written in the Bible. We do not interpret, we do not skip parts, we do not think we know better than Him. So friend, you are a deluded, confused person, no doubt with demons in your colon causing that tense feeling you get from time to time. Think about it.
                        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                        Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Maybe reading this would help you understand the existance of Satan.
                          http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/who_is_satan.html
                          I think that website is twisting scripture. For example, it claims that a passage from Ezekiel 28:12-18 is talking about the devil when read in context it is talking about a human being, the king of Babylon. It also doesn't say anything about the devil having been a cherub and the most powerful of God's angelic beings, as the article claims.

According to ancient Jewish tradition, satan is an angel who is still in good-standing with God, whose job it is to test people. He has no free will of his own.

Also I do not think God demands we call him Lord...What matter is that we Love and try to follow him.
                          Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

I think that website is twisting scripture. For example, it claims that a passage from Ezekiel 28:12-18 is talking about the devil when read in context it is talking about a human being, the king of Babylon. It also doesn't say anything about the devil having been a cherub and the most powerful of God's angelic beings, as the article claims.

According to ancient Jewish tradition, satan is an angel who is still in good-standing with God, whose job it is to test people. He has no free will of his own.

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
                            Hey! Yea, you! Communist whore! Get the hell out of the MEN's ONLY section of the forum! You may be a joke but you sure aren't manly!
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
                              Friend, you are an admitted sinner as is your wife. You will not go to Heaven. You must repent and sin no more if there is going to be any chance of you going to Heaven. See friend, all True Christians™ are going. We do not sin. We have been washed in His Blood and we follow His word EXACTLY as written in the Bible. We do not interpret, we do not skip parts, we do not think we know better than Him. So friend, you are a deluded, confused person, no doubt with demons in your colon causing that tense feeling you get from time to time. Think about it.
                              The Bible tells us we are born sinners, we therefore must admit we are sinners. I have asked God to wash away my sins, and so has my wife. We follow Jesus to the best of our ability, however there are times when we sin because we our human, God's grace however still means that these sins are washed away so that I may be clean because Jesus is in my heart.

You name call by saying I am 'deluded,confused' instead of offering pray and support as a TRUE Christian would.

Comment

Forgive me for using that source, I read it briefly and thought it would provide a good overview of how the devil came to exist. Jewish tradition is not always Christian.

As for Romans 10:9...I think the point is that if you say 'Jesus is Lord' without it being true in your heart then you will not be saved. What about people who are unable to speak for whatever reason, do you think because they cannot form these words they will not be saved. It is in our heart what matters, if we are unable to say these words but believe in our heart that Jesus is Lord then we will be saved.

Matthew 15:11-20
                                King James Version (KJV)
                                11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

because...

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man

Comment

Working...
                                X