View Single Post
(#23)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: God hates bloody steaks! - 03-03-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
I apologize for reopening this rather old thread, but there are some issues that I couldn't find addressed anywhere on the forum, and they are closely related to this topic.

In Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 God has provided us with detailed descriptions what we can and cannot eat, e.g.:

Leviticus 11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Leviticus 11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination to you.

Leviticus 11:29-30 mentions snails and tortoises to be unclean.

Deuteronomy 14 basically repeats the same rules, but then God also tells us how to dispose of unclean meat of an animal that is on the "to eat" list, but became unclean by dying of natural causes:

Deuteronomy 14:21 Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God.

Praise the Lord, as He in His wisdom doesn't want us to waste anything!
Although most rules from the OT are still in effect, some were repealled by the New Testemant.

As I said, I'm addle brained today, so I can't think of them all off hand, but for this one, it's found in Acts.

Acts 10:10-16 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Now you'll notice that shellfish isn't included on that list, and people are a bit split on the subject. Personally I avoid shellfish just in case.

Drama queen