View Single Post
(#71)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

barpman is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: A guide to the evolutionist conspiracy - 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
You can't even think your way out of a paper bag, barfman. The rain probably melted all the polar ice caps (as your LIEbral hero Al-Gore is suggesting is going to happen again). That alone would account for a great deal of sea level rise. Even according to your own Plate Tectonics "theories", Mount Everest may not have even existed during Biblical times.

I'm glad to see that the name calling has already begun, despite my best attempts at being civil and trying to hold an intelligent discussion.

If we are going to believe plate tectonics, Mount Everest was formed 60 million years ago, so that seems like good reason to believe it would have been around during Biblical times.

However, this whole point is moot if we're discussing a world where God created the earth 10,000 years ago and plate tectonics is bogus. I was trying to avoid use of plate tectonics to keep the argument more in your court. In a creationist universe, I would have to assume that Everest had been created "in the beginning" just as everything else had, so it necessarily existed in Biblical times. Disputing its existence during the flood is to lay challenge to your own creationism story.

The amount of ice that would have to melt to raise the sea level to the height of Mt. Everest would be about 140 times the size of current day Antarctica. This would necessitate the entire earth being covered with a layer of ice 4 times thicker than current day Antarctica, which I think would have been mentioned in the Bible since that seems like a pretty big deal. Additionally, if all the polar ice caps melted 10,000 years ago, where did our current ones come from?