View Single Post
(#48)
Old
Unsaved trash

Glutton

Orelia is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What Christians believe about Abortion - 06-12-2008, 07:26 PM

may he make thy thigh to rot, and may thy belly swell and burst asunder. Let the cursed water enter into thy belly, and may thy womb swell and they thigh rot." 15:21-22 King James Version

This is one of the textes I mentioned. We were taught that these were GREEK beleifs. There are ancient original textes that depict this very belief, in fact we had access to the entire scene that goes with this text. The woman is brought to the sacrificial altar, and the the "priest" makes her drink the drink (made of rotten and diseased-fill animal remains, poisonus ink, and dust from the altar), in front of the spirits and gods (they mention gods in the text, I don't want to offend anyone but that is what was written!) and the idea is if she cheated and the child is not hers, then an evil spirit will enter her body and get rid of the baby. If she did not cheat, then she gets blessed by the goddess Athena and she may be clensed of all guilt (once more I don't wan't to offend anyone but the text mentions the Greek goddess Athena!!! I swear I did not misread!). This phrase
"asunder. Let the cursed water enter into thy belly, and may thy womb swell and they thigh rot." is only a tiny part of the whole text, the text goes on talking of spirits and Greek tradition and of pagan gods! ???? The teacher made it clear that it was greek, and it was definitely not from King James!

Please enlighten me! Why are Greek texts Christian texts? What do they have to do? Christians are not like Greeks are they?

I am further confused with other saying I have seen mentioned many times! Like things that say "women should not speak in church but let her husband explain things to her after the church is over" I'm sorry I don't remember where it is posted so I can't remember exactly what it says... but we have studied texts like this in university religion classes too!
They are the same texts and saying that the Jews used!!! The sacred original Jewish texts had those EXACT sayings as the ones I saw about women having to keep quiet and much more! But I thought you guys HATED Jews? So why follow sayings that Jews follow?

Please I really need answers cause I don't understand how this all sticks together!