View Single Post
(#47)
Old
Unsaved trash

Glutton

Orelia is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: What Christians believe about Abortion - 06-12-2008, 07:11 PM

12 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'If a man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him
13 by sleeping with another man, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act),
14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure-
15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder offering to draw attention to guilt.
16 " 'The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the LORD.

17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.
18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the LORD, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.
19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, "If no other man has slept with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you.
20 Butif you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have defiled yourself by sleeping with a man other than your husband'"-
21 here st is to put the woman under this curse of the oath-"may the LORD cause your people to curse and denounce you when he causes you to ' have a miscarrying womb and barrenness.
22 May this water cause you to be barren and have a miscarrying womb " " 'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."
23 " 'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
24 He shall have the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water will enter her and cause bitter suffering.
25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the LORD and bring it to the altar.
26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water.
27 If she has defiled herself and been unfaithful to her husband, then when she is made to drink the water that brings a curse, it will go into her and cause bitter suffering; she will have barrenness and a miscarrying womb, and she will become accursed among her people.
28 If, however, the woman has not defiled herself and is free from impurity, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.

I'm REALLY confused right now! PlEASE clarify things out for me!
You see, I know these texts really well! I recognize them because they were main texts we were given to study! I have studied the original ones in my classes, they are so old that the ink that was used to write them was made of ashes, animal blood, tree sap, bone powder and much more, and the paper dated from a time conciding with when they claimed it was written... so it was original sacred texts! NOT a copy... yet our professor taught us that these were sayings used by the Greeks, and the textes accompanying these phrases were clearly depicting Greek people and their Greek beliefs, everything coincided together perfectly! The texts were among Greek textes that talked of the life of Greek people, their accomplishments and great monuments.... but I'm confused now!

Please ANYONE help me out!
I would like to know more about this! Why are Greek rules also Christian rules? I thought they had different beliefs than Christians! Do you know anything about this? Now I'm really confused!! There is NO mistake, THESE were THE SAME EXAAACT TEXTS, and they were really old and dated from the right time period. ????? Also, our pastors have NEVER shown us these writings, NEVER EVER, and none of our people know of these writings, except for those who attend university religion classes.