X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Metal Band "Greenday" Threatens Our Youth!

Originally posted by Dumb Girl View Post
    oh and the name "green day" doesn't mean they're tree huggers or hippies. It's not been to be an environmentalist thing, it's slang for a day to smoke pot (aka marijuana, if you don't understand what pot is)
    Who cares if they're tree-huggers or dope-pushers? Either is bad. I'm more likely to suspect that they're both, which would be worse.
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
      Who cares if they're tree-huggers or dope-pushers? Either is bad. I'm more likely to suspect that they're both, which would be worse.
      either way, everyone here always tells everyone to get their facts straight and read the bible. Just know what you are bashing before you bash it and don't just "suspect"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
        Recently I found out about a new up-and-coming hard metal band called "Greenday" that produces the most dangerous, satanic, anti-America, anti-Christian music yet!

Their songs include titles like "American Idiot," "Jesus of Suburbia," "East Jesus Nowhere", "Christian's Inferno", and "Murder City" just to name a few.

Does this sound like anything in accordance with Psalm 150?

1Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
        2Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
        3Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
        4Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
        5Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
        6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Apparently, this band is very popular with the kids, and that explains the increase in anti-social behavior and violence we have witnessed!

This devil music is subversive to GOD, America, and parents. This music contains foul language, is pro-homosexuality, pro-drugs, pro-abortion, and pro-liberal. I also believe that "Greenday" has spent many hours studying satanic rhythms designed to summon demons.

You may also notice that the members of this three-man satanic army are covered in tattoos and makeup, which is their not-so-subtle way of rebelling against GOD's commands not to make cuttings in our flesh or to wear that which pertains to a woman. (Leviticus 19:28, Deuteronomy 22:5)

Please pray against the satanic forces at work behind this music, and pray that GOD will either redeem or swiftly damn all those who are aiding in its creation.

GOD bless you, Brothers and Sisters!

GREENDAY is NOT new, They've been around since the 90s. I used to think they were cool and then I grew up and rebuked them. They just make a bunch of noise and scream gibberish

Comment

Originally posted by Forest Spirit View Post
          Green Day is an eco-friendly band. Why else would they have a name like that. The other band members support their own ecological charities. Plus, I know that they're all vegetarians. You would be, too, if you cared about living beings other than yourselves.

actually, "green day" is a reference to weed. but yes, I agree, they do support charities and whatnot.

Comment

First off its two words: Green Day

Second they are NOT metal (they consider themselves Punk but are too commercial now to be considered as such)

3rd: they are NOT new (they've been around since 89-90)

4th: they are called Green Day as a reference to them smoking pot back in the day (they're suppose to be "Straight Edge" nowadays I hear)

5th:They're only threatening you because you choose to believe they are threatening you

"the more you know, the better you are-CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!"

Comment

Originally posted by IAmJustAMan View Post
              First off its two words: Green Day
              Why should we care?
              Second they are NOT metal (they consider themselves Punk but are too commercial now to be considered as such)
              What's the difference between "punk" and "metal"?
              4th: they are called Green Day as a reference to them smoking pot back in the day (they're suppose to be "Straight Edge" nowadays I hear)
              So they used to be drug-using homers back in the day? Good thing they turned straight.
              5th:They're only threatening you because you choose to believe they are threatening you
              They are threatening God's word by spreading demonic propaganda amongst young teenagers. They're all going to hell.
              "the more you know, the better you are-CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!"
              You are absolutely right. The more you read the Bible, the wiser you get. Funny how the godless atheists have not realized that yet with all their "science" and "logic".
              Last edited by Brother Alex; 04-02-2010, 04:24 PM. Reason: demons
              PROOF: America in the Bible!
              8 REASONS WHY GOD HATES THE FAROE ISLANDS!

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
              (Psalm 9:17)

Add me on
              Facebook!

Comment

Why should we care?
                So you actually look like you know what your talking about

What's the difference between "punk" and "metal"?
                Metal:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WZkCgeXWk
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Punk:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTGr5t3MoY
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So they used to be drug-using homers back in the day? Good thing they turned straight.
                well apparently lots of you "True Christians" on this site are also homosexual druggies http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...t=40006&page=2

They are threatening God's word by spreading demonic propaganda amongst young teenagers. They're all going to hell.
                No they're not, they're just playing music.
                and so what if they are going to hell? that's what you want right so what are you worrying about?

You are absolutely right. The more you read the Bible, the wiser you get. Funny how the godless atheists have not realized that yet with all their "science" and "logic".
                WHAT?

Comment

So you actually look like you know what your talking about
                  What was that supposed to mean?
                  Metal:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WZkCgeXWk

Punk:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTGr5t3MoY
                  I can't hear any difference.
                  No they're not, they're just playing music.
                  and so what if they are going to hell? that's what you want right so what are you worrying about?
                  Are you nuts? I don't want them to go to hell, I want them to get Saved®.
                  PROOF: America in the Bible!
                  8 REASONS WHY GOD HATES THE FAROE ISLANDS!

The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
                  (Psalm 9:17)

Add me on
                  Facebook!

Comment

Grrrrr! I know you aren't talking bad about Green Day! If I weren't agnostic, I would call them musical Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti Monster View Post
                      Grrrrr! I know you aren't talking bad about Green Day! If I weren't agnostic, I would call them musical Gods.
                      That's blasphemy, you diesel dyke!
                      What's with that America hating song American Idiot?
                      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Homers (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." Romans 1:31-32

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
                          What's with that America hating song American Idiot?
                          Actually that song is intended to be against the American media and conservative Christians bitch more about them than anyone else. However, when you look at who we had for president when the song came out, yeah, it kinda applies to at least one of our elected officials at the time.

Comment

They are the excrement that are not only because they are anti-Christian, they steal riffs and melodies from other songs in all "their" work. From the little I've heard from their songs (had to turn it off before Satan payed me a visit) they've got nothing original.

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                            Homers (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." Romans 1:31-32
                            Thank god.
                            Last edited by Levi Jones; 04-03-2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: removed dirty word
                            God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.
                            -Psalms 7:11
                            Fact: Only Flaming Homos Use Macs

Comment

Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
                              Recently I found out about a new up-and-coming hard metal band called "Greenday" that produces the most dangerous, satanic, anti-America, anti-Christian music yet!

Their songs include titles like "American Idiot," "Jesus of Suburbia," "East Jesus Nowhere", "Christian's Inferno", and "Murder City" just to name a few.

Does this sound like anything in accordance with Psalm 150?

1Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
                              2Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
                              3Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
                              4Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
                              5Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
                              6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Apparently, this band is very popular with the kids, and that explains the increase in anti-social behavior and violence we have witnessed!

This devil music is subversive to GOD, America, and parents. This music contains foul language, is pro-homosexuality, pro-drugs, pro-abortion, and pro-liberal. I also believe that "Greenday" has spent many hours studying satanic rhythms designed to summon demons.

You may also notice that the members of this three-man satanic army are covered in tattoos and makeup, which is their not-so-subtle way of rebelling against GOD's commands not to make cuttings in our flesh or to wear that which pertains to a woman. (Leviticus 19:28, Deuteronomy 22:5)

Please pray against the satanic forces at work behind this music, and pray that GOD will either redeem or swiftly damn all those who are aiding in its creation.

GOD bless you, Brothers and Sisters!

They aren't new..they recorded their first album in 1989, had their major record label debut (that went platinum) in 1994, and have been worshipped for years. I ADORE Green Day! Amen!

Comment

Ok lets get some things straight (or bi if you prefer)

1) It's GREEN DAY you fucking idiots....know what you are talking about before you run your mouths otherwise you look like bigger dumbass than you already do

2) Green Day is PUNK!!! NOT METAL!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!! If you can't tell the difference then you suck at life

3) Green Day has been around since 1986!!! 1985 if you count Mike and Billie starting their first band "Sweet Children" (Before their first drummer that was before the amazing Tre Cool)

4) IT'S BILLIE JOE! NOT BILLY JOE!!! If you are going to unjustly attack someone at least get their name right.

5) American Idiot (as the band has mentioned MANY MANY times) is not anti-American!!!! Billie Joe is speaking about the current state of America - how it's controlled by the media, and how it controls it's citizens by means of paranoia, etc.

6) Jesus Of Suburbia IS NOT talking about Christ!!!!!! Arguably the real opening of the album American Idiot, Jesus of Suburbia (JoS) is the outline of a character who takes his shape from the alienation and disgust he feels towards his suburban home. Running through all of the standard foils of suburban depression ("soda pop and Ritalin", TV, cigarettes, pot, etc.) intermixed with religions allusions to show how JoS feels about his situation, the song angrily slows down into it's second part, "City of the Damned". JoS 's inner feelings and lessons are revealed, most importantly with "...the motto was just a lie / it says home is where your heart is but what a shame / cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same", giving some kind of ideological backing for his feelings.

But, of course, JoS becomes so disillusioned with his home that he just stops caring about it, and goes on a tirade. Coming off of his anger, he then asks more rhetorical questions in "Dearly Beloved", going through the self-doubt and the doubt of those around him. Finally, JoS takes off in "Tales From Another Broken Home", finally leaving his crappy existence in suburbia for the hopes of something less phony, and a little more real.

7) East Jesus Nowhere is not bashing God! This song is about hypocracy in religion. It may sound quite anti-Christianity, but its more against people who are just Christians because of the pressure society puts on them. Its also against the church as a munipilative authority. Its also about how in the world we live in, religion will probably someday fade out ("the sirens of decay / will infiltrate the faith fanatics"). Mostly about hypocrisy in religion. Billie once commented that there is nothing wrong with religion itself just those who push it too far.

8) Christian's Inferno -- This song is really just about being pissed off. It is not a literal song, the verses are all about characterization. It characterizes Christian as wanting to burn down everything to change the world. His inferno will destroy the evil. Billie Joe creates a double meaning here. Christian also means the Christian faith. The inferno is their version of modern hell, that it is filled with fire and you will burn for eternity if you don't follow them. It could also suggest that the Christians' themselves are the ones who will face the inferno. (This idea is also used in Lobotomy, "Christian's lesson's what he's been sold." This means that some Christians will believe whatever the Church tells them). Christian just wants to destroy what doesn't work and start over, not wait for political methods.

9) Murder City--- Billie Joe wrote this song about the L.A. riot a few years ago. This riot took place after a prisoner was shot. The cops said he was struggling and they had to shoot him. However it was clear that he was shot in the back. "This empty laughter has no reason." On the night of this riot Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre were out partying and drinking without knowing what was going on. He writes this saying how they should not have been laughing and partying when something like this is going on.
                                It ties into the story as well. I believe it is told by Gloria. They just got back from a riot and someone was killed. She is a mess but is trying to be calm and cool. However she begins to realize at this point that her fight is failing. "We are the last call and we're so pathetic." She is at a point where she starts to think that there is nothing more she can do. Christian is not helping her at all. She wants someone to help her reason through these negative thoughts and give her hope.
                                But Christian is completely distraught and all he can do is cry in the bathroom. (This is also a use of double meaning. Christian faiths believe that by following God everything will be alright. When something bad happens they do nothing and wait for God to intervene and make everything better. Christian does nothing in this time of crisis.) Gloria's attitude says that she is desperate and the fight may be over. "Desperate, but not hopeless I feel so useless in the Murder City." There is only a small ounce of hope in her that she can change the corruption but the clock strikes midnight and she is running out of time.

10) And why do you care if Billie Joe is Bi? If his dick isn't up your ass it isn't your business!!!

11) Stop judging...the bible even says not to do that! Also in the old testament it says you can't have a bowel movement without consulting a priest...so unless you call your priest every time before you poop you are going to be burning in hell with Green Day (if your logic is correct)

12) And you guys are never going to help bring anyone to christ if you bash them over the head with a bible every time they do something you don't agree with....Last time i checked Jesus hung out with the sinners...he didn't push them away or yell at them...he LOVED them...if Christ where to come back right now and see what state his church was in he would be like "WTF?!?! are you guys on crack??! this is not what i intended for my church to be"

13) I'm just curious why did you choose Green Day to bash? They are probably one of the least satanic bands out there...there are ALOT more bands WAY worse than them!

14) And before you go bashing a band make sure you actually understand their lyrics so you can justify being hateful and un-Christ like towards them. Also stop quoting them out of context...it just makes you look like bigger dicks...also...JESUS LOVES ALL...no where after Jesus came from Mary did he ever hate ANYONE!!!! You type of people are what turn me off to religion...if being a Christian is nothing but being filled with hate...I don't want any part of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X