View Single Post
(#2)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Most Obedient True Christian™ True Christian Lady Best stoning bucket Touched by Jesus True Christian Beauty Ex-eurotrash Real American™ In Love With Zeke One Year/1000 posts Hands Off

Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Attila's Wife will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: There's no such thing as predatory lending. The term was made up by stupid borrowers. - 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
If I had my way, all people foreclosed on would be in debtors' prisons until they worked off their debt to the bank's satisfaction.
Amen, Sir! But there's a problem with this.

The way things are right now, what these sorry excuses for people earn by sewing mailbags (with less demand for mailbags in these electronic times) doesn't even cover the cost of keeping them in jail. Now I firmly believe that prisoners should be charged for their upkeep - otherwise jail's just some sort of free holiday camp - so they need prison work that will pay for their board and lodging AND repay the banks.

How about giving good American corporations like Apple & Microsoft some decent tax breaks to move their manufacturing to US prisons? I know what you'll say - well, you already said it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
These are the dumbest of the dumb (usually minorities and welfare mammies) who thought buying a house was as easy as renting one.
I take your point. But this work is currently being done (at hugely inflated rates of pay) by 8-year-old gooks. If they can do it, anyone can.

I can think of a number of advantages, of which repaying the banks may be the least important.

1. The corporations would have a captive (literally!) source of reliable, American labor.
2. They would cut their labor costs to a more reasonable hourly rate.
3. They would cut their shipping costs.
4. The consumer would be able to buy goods proudly labeled "Made in America".

There are many more, but for me these are the most important.

5. The USA could restrict access to these products to its own citizens.
6. Factories would close all over China and Korea.
7. The Chinese would no longer be able to produce fake copies of hardware and software, as they wouldn't have the originals to work from.
8. Kim Jong-un would be even angrier than usual and threaten something crazy, so there would be an indisputable reason to nuke him, and sooner rather than later.

I could go on... But what do you think, Pastor Will?

YiC
Attila's Wife

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: