View Single Post
(#50)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

JoeBlow is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! - 12-21-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMom67 View Post
hi all

first i must say thank you all for this board so i can keep my son away from nasty stuff the devil puts on this earth

as grateful as i am i am here to tell you all to ban team fortress 2 (abbreviated as TF2) for the following reasons

i discovered about it this weekend when my 15 year old son charlie brought home his friend and they were playing on his friend's laptop a game where it's nothing but killing, bad words, god bashing, anti-american propaganda, and worst of all HOMOSEXUALITY

first off this is their artwork they use to advertise to the MASSES

as you can see, they all are posed to look threatening (i guess that's what boys like these days)

there is also blantent homosexuality (when the doctor heals his patients they all say things like "i love this doctor" or "get behind me doctor!")

they made a character that looks like a soldier and he talks about god's world being his ("this is my world, you are not welcome in my world!") when i heard this i was MORBIDLY SHOCKED and appalled and ashamed of my son and he knew it

i was wondering why my son was getting into fights and after i saw this i banned him from ever seeing his friends

if you see your child playing this, tell them to uninstall it and watch him do it!!!

hope this helps parents out so your child doesn't stray far from god!

-baseballmom67
Baseballmom i couldn't help but notice some issues with your post. First of all, the only way you would notice the doctor's sayings to be homosexual in nature is if your mind was already corrupted. An innocent audience would not see the double entendre in the other character's speech regarding the doctor.

Posing in a threatening way has existed since the fall of man going back as early as Cain and is prevalent in many masculine figures both inside Christianity and outside of it. The Old testament has been accused on numerous occasions as representing a very violent time in history.

Rather than preventing your son from playing this video game you ought to teach him Biblical principals so that he will not want to play such a game. By banning video games of a similar nature it is equivalent to when your car is running low on gas and you see the indicator light blink on, instead of going to get gas you smash the indicator light out. In this way you are ignoring the real problem by banning the game. Banning the game does not solve the problem it just provides a temporary solution.

If your son is not able to discern the violent and ungodly nature of TF2 then forbidding it will not do anything he will go on to find other activities, social groups, and video games that are similar. This may be part of the reason your son continues to get into fights. The problem is not in the game itself but is merely a reflection of your son's spiritual maturity.