View Single Post
(#903)
Old
Unsaved trash, false Christian, dope addict
Under Investigation

Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Otto is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Is smoking marijuana a sin? - 09-06-2015, 02:31 PM

First of all, I can not believe all the hate that is brought up in this Christian forum! (1 John 4:8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is Love. (1 John 4:11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Now I will admit that I am a sinner, and have done much wrong in my life, but through the Grace and Mercy of Christ I know that I am forgiven. To receive this awesome Gift, we are told to Love God and Christ (for they are one) and to love thy neighbor as thyself.

So here is my dilemma! I do love Christ, and I strive to love everyone (which is harder than it sounds!!), but I also smoke weed. I have been battling with what constitutes a sin, and I would really like an educated answer please! Is marijuana a gift? Or is it a sin?

(Genesis 9:3) And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

(Matthew 15:11) It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

My understanding is that Marijuana is a seed being fruit, which God has given us. There are several warnings to be of a sober mind, but also many that tell us we may drink and partake in such gifts as herbs and wine. So I believe that it is telling us we can use it, but don't over use it. As with wine, the more you smoke the higher you get. So if you smoke enough to be of an enlightened mind, but don't abuse it, then there is nothing wrong with it. Also, it depends on how you use it. If you smoke weed to get high and lose control, you are abusing the gift, but if you use it in moderation to meditate and think about God, than it is actually a very useful tool. When I smoke, I can not help but to seek God with a humble heart.

My advice to those asking, I don't believe marijuana use in itself is a sin. Your actions while medicated are still up for debate however! If smoking helps you profess your Love for both God and your neighbors, than I honestly do not see a problem with it! If you curse and sin while high, then repent! It is not a double sin though. Christ tells us that even looking at a person with lust is adultery, and that having anger is equivalent to murder. I think his message is to have a pure mind filled with Love! That is all. So toke and Love! Or don't toke and Love! As long as Love is the result!!!