View Single Post
(#50)
Old
Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
Under Investigation

Foreign queer godmocker is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Foreign queer godmocker is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Foreign queer godmocker is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: The Most MISUNDERSTOOD Passage in All the Bible (Matthew 7:1-5) - 06-03-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
Matthew 7:1-5 Explained
The so-called "prohibition against judging"

As a long-time pastor and forum contributor here, time and time again I have seen unsaved scum waltz into here and tell us "Jesus said we shouldn't judge others". I then say, "Ok, can you show us Scripture to back up your claim?" They then respond with "Judge not that ye be not judged." This is nothing more than taking Scripture out of context.

Contrary to popular belief, Matthew 7:1-5 is not a prohibition against all judgment. These verses are a warning against hypocritical judgment, not judgment in itself. Jesus is saying we cannot judge others when we are guilty of the same sin. Let's look at the verses and I will guide you through them using my 45 years of pastoral experience and two doctorate degrees at the helm.

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
This basically says if you judge others, you will be judged accordingly. This makes sense. Of course, I can judge others and I welcome Christ to judge me, because I am free of sin (see 1 John 3:6-9). He can judge me all He wants.

We True Christians™ are perfect. Therefore we all welcome God to judge us!

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
This means hypocrisy. How can you judge another man for cheating on his wife when you do the same? A "mote" is a small speck of wood, while a "beam" is a large chunk of wood. Jesus is speaking in analogy here. How can you see the wood (sin) in your brother's eye when you have a larger one in your own?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Again, hypocrisy. Jesus is saying that hypocrisy clouds judgment. If you live in sin, you are not a True Christian™ and therefore are not granted the right to judge. You are filthy, disgusting, undeserving unsaved scum whose opinions do not matter. Jesus makes that very clear.
5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Now read this last part very closely. This tells us that we can judge others! Jesus is saying to remove your own sin first, then you can judge others.

How can anyone say this is a prohibition against all judging, unless they were woefully ignorant of the Bible? Jesus makes it crystal clear that we cannot judge if we are hypocrites, and that to do righteous judgment instead (as True Christians™).

We CAN Judge Others!

Not only can you not find a single instance where judging in itself is prohibited, you find many verses which command us to judge!
Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1st Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1st Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1st Corinthians 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
1st Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1st Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
1st Corinthians 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
1st Corinthians 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
1st Corinthians 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
...And so on. We can see from the verses above that God does allow judgment under certain conditions, namely: Only True Christians™ can judge. We are righteous (notice all the references to righteous judgment) and therefore the only ones capable of judging others. Conversely, those that are unsaved have no right to judge at all. So, God does have limits placed on judgment and those are the limits.

Again, I must point reiterate, nowhere in the Bible does it tell us not to judge. Period. I hope this exegesis of Matthew 7:1-5 has been enlightening for you and and you will refrain from looking like an idiot in the future by claiming that "Jesus said we can't judge others".

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Jim Osborne
Also known as the passage in which Jesus actually has a say and not some ancient scribe.