View Single Post
(#104)
Old
Unsaved trash

TekcubEht is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.TekcubEht is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: God Hates Asexuals - 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
Untrue.

It depends on the context, dear.

This is why the Holy Spirit is necessary for one to glean proper meaning from Scriptures. If you read it like an Ikea instruction manual, you'll be naught but confused and frustrated. If, however, you read it as a Love Letter from the Creator of the Universe to the True Christian™, it all becomes crystal clear.

But my brain doesn't seem to be able to understand that. It's like asking "Why?" about something, and getting the answer "Just because it says so here, which means it MUST be the words of our Creator."
I keep wondering if people haven't just put words into the Creator's mouth when they wrote the Bible. Some of it may have been true, but some parts may have been edited. As an example: Orthodox Christianity has so many days for saints and they keep adding saints to it from people whom have died recently. Where were the orders for this to happen? Why was this allowed to happen?

A love letter that tells you want to do? Ikea instruction manual doesn't exactly fit how I see it either. It's more like the orders of a drill sergeant.