X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.

Sorry, still not doing it. Could you please find some "proof" that isn't from the bible?
    Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Comment

Originally posted by CaeruleaTigris View Post
      Sorry, still not doing it. Could you please find some "proof" that isn't from the bible?
      The Bible is the only source of information we have about God.

That's like saying 'prove to me evolution: but you can't refer to written works about evolution.

You are rigging the game and it is very disingenuous of you to do so.

YIC
      1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Dr. Niles,
        You make a faulty analogy with hopes of bringing to light a double standard. Evolution is backed by evidence we have found in scientific research; to say there are no historical documents supporting evolution is like discrediting human communication before writing due to lack of historical text.

As for the top of the thread regarding historical accuracy, did nobody think it possible that three written accounts of the same alleged event could match if they were written after one another? It's much like me writing The Great Gatsby verbatim and saying I must be divinely inspired because it matched the original account, when I simply read the original to seem inspired an consistent.
        2 Thess 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Maroney00 View Post
          Dr. Niles,
          You make a faulty analogy with hopes of bringing to light a double standard. Evolution is backed by evidence we have found in scientific research; to say there are no historical documents supporting evolution is like discrediting human communication before writing due to lack of historical text.

As for the top of the thread regarding historical accuracy, did nobody think it possible that three written accounts of the same alleged event could match if they were written after one another? It's much like me writing The Great Gatsby verbatim and saying I must be divinely inspired because it matched the original account, when I simply read the original to seem inspired an consistent.
          You assert that I'm using a double standard yet do not substantiate your point. You are obviously wedded to methodological materialism and as such are making the a priori assumption that there is no God.

Your materialist philosophical decision completely rules out the teleological arguement. Does that make sense?

You may not beleive the Bible but that is what Christians do beleive and if you are attempting to use logica and reason to affect what a Christian thinks you will find that no Christian can ever be made to think critically about our beleifs when we have the Bible and our Faith to do that for us.

YIC
          1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Dr. Niles,

Nonsense. Creationism has far more evidence that evolution, but those who bring forth this evidence are punished. Ever see the movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed? You can watch it here for free (I know, weird for a Jew to release it for free, but the LORD works in mysterious ways):

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the creationist evidence?

Dr. Niles,
              You are well spoken, and I can appreciate that. I don't disagree with anything you have written. As a side note, I misused double standard. But again, well written, sir.
              2 Thess 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the creationist evidence?
                You're walking around on it!

This kind of stuff is all right there in the 1st couple of pages of the Bible...I'm surprised you missed it!

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                sigpic

Comment

That's not what I would call evidence, it's only the account of it. Evidence would be a separate entity.

Comment

That's not what I would call evidence, it's only the account of it. Evidence would be a separate entity.
                    Ok, now we're getting somewhere.

Since you've just admitted that you can casually discard any second-hand accounts of anything, preferring to see the evidence yourself, you tacitly admit the following are no longer true (unless you can link to your own research/experiences, of course):

- evolution
                    - round earth
                    - gravity
                    - genetics
                    - etc.

Good for you! Progress!
                    sigpic

Comment

I won't defend the other scientific concepts, they have sufficient evidence grounded in research and testing. The Bible's account of creation in Genesis is not proof in itself. Concepts like evolution have been researched, you have given me no evidence for it other than the Bible.

And as for the round Earth, are you kidding me?

Comment

And as for the round Earth, are you kidding me?
                        As for rejecting the Holy Word of God, are you kidding me?
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Are you seriously denying centuries of math and now decades of photographic evidence for a biblical supposition?

Comment

Originally posted by MaroneyBaloney View Post
                            Are you seriously denying centuries of math and now decades of photographic evidence for a biblical supposition?
                            Are you seriously denying the Lord God Almighty? Creator of Heaven and Earth? You are nothing but a maggot to Him.
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Yes, I'm taking genuine evidence for the roundness of the earth over dated suppositions on the solar system. Have you seen an image of the universe? Our planet is nothing, neither of us is large. At least maggots serve a purpose in the ecosystem, I've been called worse here.

Comment

Originally posted by MaroneyBaloney View Post
                                Yes, I'm taking genuine evidence for the roundness of the earth over dated suppositions on the solar system.
                                What evidence?
                                Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Comment

Working...
                                X